Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I use a four stage charger

Do these things work.....does anyone use one ?

here is an example I found whilst googling

http://www.extralifepulse.com/pages/extralifebatterypulse.html?gclid=CJril_W0jq4CFVE8fAodEU58gQ

barry:Smile:

Barry I have a Sterling Inverter/charger .. the charger part is a 4 stage charger that makes sure there is not a build up of sulphating but it stops the build up by cycling through different charge cycles... it is also a 1500w inverter.

I have just changed from lead acid batteries to the Ecelsol carbon batteries.

Bob

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

No idea if they work but India seems to churning them out.

You could be the Official FUN testbed.

PS.....

This hints that it might well work

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
No idea if they work but India seems to churning them out.

You could the Official FUN testbed.

The thought of running a FUN test bed.......sounds rather exciting:Smile:
( female volounteers please pm )

But getting back to batteries.I have new ones all round...... vehicle
as well as 2 x leiseure 125 amps........Ive also fitted a vanbitz battery manager....and had vanbitz fit me a 100w solar panel last year...and have the autotrail on EHU at home

So I hope I am sorted on the battery front...............how would I know if it was working ot not. ?

barry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
That is the issue.. how do you know it will work

That is the question.. how do you know it works?

Bob

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
That is the question.. how do you know it works?

Bob

you won't know until they go dead.. then you can say ..yeah .. they lasted xxx years .. and you still won't know if it worked or if it was just good battery management .. or not. and by that time the seller has either gone bust or is in the Bahamas soaking up the sun,,.

well managed and maintained batterys should last say five years .. this gizzmo claims it makes them last x 3 ... = 15 years .. ? I don't think so

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

here is an example I found whilst googling

http://www.extralifepulse.com/pages/extralifebatterypulse.html?gclid=CJril_W0jq4CFVE8fAodEU58gQ

Barry I know these work......the Charger worked for me....I had a 2 year old 110amp Hour cab battery go down on me and after trying about 4 times with a normal 4/6amp battery charger to get it back to normal and hold charge longer than a few days....this seemed impossible, so the only solution was to purchase a new 110 amp cranking battery which over here in France are around 180 to 200 + euros....then a Friend suggested a de-sulphurising charger ..which I did buy as it was worth a try and at the end of the day I would still have a charger....it cost me ÂŁ69.00 on Ebay like this one... one day on the charger and no more trouble like new again....... Link Removed

Mel

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Barry I know these work......the Charger worked for me....I had a 2 year old 110amp Hour cab battery go down on me and after trying about 4 times with a normal 4/6amp battery charger to get it back to normal and hold charge longer than a few days....this seemed impossible, so the only solution was to purchase a new 110 amp cranking battery which over here in France are around 180 to 200 + euros....then a Friend suggested a de-sulphurising charger ..which I did buy as it was worth a try and at the end of the day I would still have a charger....it cost me ÂŁ69.00 on Ebay like this one... one day on the charger and no more trouble like new again....... Link Removed

Mel

Mel.. desulphation chargers do work..

this gizzmo isn't a charger ..

Johno

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
Kent
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30+ with caravanning & camping
Try Googling "Battery University" and go to the "How to prolong lead acid batteries" section, it's a little technical but full of interesting information.

Cheers John.:Smile:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Desulphation charging normally involves zapping the battery, under supervision with up to 3v per cell!
How this gizmo is going to do that, who knows!!!:whatthe:

There might be a vid of it working on Youtube, in amongst the perpetual motion machines!:winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
under supervision with up to 3v per cell!
How this gizmo is going to do that,

Quite easy, using a voltage doubler, pump up a capacitor to 24V and dump it to the battery. Judging by the size it would be a very small capacitor, though the Sterling one is big enough to house a decent sized one.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I got a kit from a company called Courtistown Leisure. We built the pulse desulfator from the kit. It works as I have regenerated several batteries that were not holding charge. Its now left in line on my leisure batteries permanently. Don't know about the Chinese ones but the one I have definitely works.....No ifs or buts.
If your not a dab hand with a soldering iron they do one thats plug and play.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
The Sterling does zap it

Quite easy, using a voltage doubler, pump up a capacitor to 24V and dump it to the battery. Judging by the size it would be a very small capacitor, though the Sterling one is big enough to house a decent sized one.

The Sterling inverter /charger does zap the batteries. you hear it kick in and you can see the extra zap charge go in if you have a NASA BM1 fitted (as we do) you can see every so often it cycles through and puts the extra charge through that is needed to keep the batteries in good nick.

Bob

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
I got one of those 4 stage chargers from Aldi a year ago, connected it up and"watched" it with a meter. Initialy it started at about 12.5 volts and then surged up to 18 volts for a second or so then repeated this for about 2 or 3 mins then started to charge normally and finished up just float charging every few mins or so.... so I now leave it connected to the veh battery when on hook up outside the house.... I can only assume that the 18 volt surging phase was what your gizmo was designed for,, blasting the build up off the plates.... I also assume that this will only apply to lead acid batteries.. Mitch..
PS. Dont assume ... it makes an ass out of u and me.. :RollEyes:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
You need to look at the chargers you have - most after market 'maintenance' chargers will send 'pulses' to the battery which rejuvenate them during the maintenance cycle. It will tell you this on the charger instruction or sales packet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back