niesmann + bischoff arto 74 le gb (1 Viewer)

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
Hi all
I am looking at buying a used one of these, we will be 1st time buyers and would really welcome any feedback good or bad as we are about to do the deed :Eeek: . Also has anyone bought from travelworld ?

Thanks

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi all
I am looking at buying a used one of these, we will be 1st time buyers and would really welcome any feedback good or bad as we are about to do the deed :Eeek: . Also [HI]has anyone bought from travelworld ?[/HI]

Thanks

yes.. bought my RV from them..seem an honest dealer, if a little on the pricey side, but they do have a well kitted out workshop facility .. all costs money

no complaints, ... they replaced four leisure batteries without quibble when they went dead after a few months use .. nought else went seriously wrong in the five years I owned it..

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Looks like a very nice van (on their website). Regarding quality, I would say you will not go far wrong with a N+B, they are very well made (part of Hymer Group) and Travelworld is the authorised UK distributor. This model has the 3 litre engine so will have sufficient power for the size.

But: you say you are first-time buyers - that is a pretty expensive van if you decide in a while that it's not quite what you need in terms of layout. We were lucky and got it right first time, but many people report changing their van 3 or 4 times before settling on the layout that really suits them. For example, could you see yourselves rather having a garage to store things in rather than a rear lounge (I'm thinking bikes, motorbikes electric bikes etc - things that are quite valuable and are vulnerable to theft on an exposed bike rack - or just too heavy). It has, after all, got a decent lounge at the front too. Will you stay mainly on larger campsites with hard standing or want to use small certificated sites in the UK? If so, a large FWD / dual axle van may be a b**ger on wet grass.

I realise my comments might sound a bit patronising so forgive me if you have already done the research and are certain of your decision. If so, it's a beautiful motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

artemis

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
N+B Arto

We bought a one year old Arto 64L from Travelworld 18months ago. We love the van and the main problems we have had are with the satellite system - not fitted by Travel World, the gas locker door and inaccurate readings from the gauge in the water tanks.

The problem with the gas locker door appeared to be because the locker was not designed for a 13kg gas bottle. We have now changes to alugas.

The gauge problem has not been sorted out.

We found that we only had 6months warranty on our van when we thought verbally 12 months had been agreed so check this out. Habitation service at Travelworld is comprehensive but expensive.

I am sure if you buy an Arto you will be pleased with it.
Elizabeth

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Sign of the times..

Just had a look at Travelworld site ..

big change since we bought ours in 2005.. then they only a couple of traded in Europeans... the rest American..

Now they have around 100 European and about 25 American..

Sign of the times..

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Very nice, but lacks a fixed bed. Do you actually need 6 berths and seats. Fine if you do but not ideal if theres only a couple of you, though you could leave the rear bed up permanently, not as good as a fixed bed as your mattress is in lots of pieces.

Front wheel drive and tag axle is just about the worst you can get for traction on wet grass.

OP
OP
Soaringman

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
Thanks to all for your advice. We have been looking for 2 years and have rented in the past. As everyone has told me in the time we have been looking "whatever you buy there will be a compromise"
We are both sure we like the layout and lack of garage was a consideration.
The comments about getting stuck on wet grass has also been logged, thanks.
Deposit paid and are now very excited about the future travel :Cool: All we need to do now is hope that the sale of our guest house goes through and we will be making even better use of it.
Hope to meet up with some other funsters in the future.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back