Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Evening all,picked up my new trl last w,end,built to order by Darren Bingley in morecambe,single axle just right spec for wifes new car,not into A frames behind motorhomes.This trlr will carry disabled buggy as well.The trlr as fold down mudguard on the right handside so you can open drivers door,stablisers at rear for loading its braked and got a locking hitch.IF you need a new trl just giv him a bell 07831808128,he builds stock car trlrs.I can highly recomend him.Had no snow in morecambe,but stuck in snow doin delivery in Hartfordshire this morning,In avonmouth ind est at Bristol,on way down to tiverton.Hope the snow doesnt disrupt you to much.All the best THE BANDIT:Cool::thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Bandit, good luck with the new trailer, we also use a trailer and Insure it on our motorhome Insurance policy only cost an extra £15 a year and that's UK and Europe. :thumb:

Nice to see your not a REBEL with an A Frame. :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

OP
OP
bandit

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
afternoon bob

the problem now a daysIm gettiing it insured on my policy this week,at the moment its safely locked up in our haulage yard where i work.Dont think much of towing a vehicle behind a motorhome on a a,fram,with being on the road 5days a week i see all sorts of contraptions being towed,the problem these days VOSA take a dim veiw with A frames,they like 2 see the vehicle secured onto a trlr,so it cant go runner about parting company with motorhome.All the best to you both,and av a happy time motorhoming .THE BANDIT..........AKA PHIL.:Cool::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lookback

Free Member
Nov 30, 2007
Mareham le fen, Lincs
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
5 years
the problem now a daysIm gettiing it insured on my policy this week,at the moment its safely locked up in our haulage yard where i work.Dont think much of towing a vehicle behind a motorhome on a a,fram,with being on the road 5days a week i see all sorts of contraptions being towed,the problem these days VOSA take a dim veiw with A frames,they like 2 see the vehicle secured onto a trlr,so it cant go runner about parting company with motorhome.All the best to you both,and av a happy time motorhoming .THE BANDIT..........AKA PHIL.:Cool::thumb:

Why can`t a trailer go runner parting from the motorhome???

Ian

OP
OP
bandit

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
trailer or A bar

Good evening Ian,Yes trlrs do come off,but hopefully not mine,I have 2 safey wires attached to either side of tow bar.In the event off it coming off.I look at it this way what ever floats your boat,some people like A frames and some people like trls,but me i like trls.all the best THE BANDIT.:Cool::thumb:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
A trailer has as much chance of coming off as an A Frame. In either case very very rare and probably because they were not put on properly in the first case. Broken Link Removed

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
If and I say if

A trailer has as much chance of coming off as an A Frame. In either case very very rare and probably because they were not put on properly in the first case. Broken Link Removed

If and I say if.. my 4 wheel braked Brain James trailer broke away from the RV the safety cable would apply the trailers brakes and bring it to a halt. If I used chains then it would drag uncontrolled until the chain parted. I use to use a chain, but Rick (Motor Romin) on RVOC explained to me the merits of not chaining and the advice is sound as if you think about it.. you want the trailer to stop as soon as possible without injury to anyone.

Still trying to work out how a toad could apply it's brakes in the same way.. all 4 coming on at the same time? or is there away this can now be sorted?

Bob:Blush:

OP
OP
bandit

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
trailer ins

Afternoon Jane And Bob,I checked with my insurance company about my trlr,and they politely informed me,my motorhome policy covers my trl inc european touring up to the vvalue of 3grand and not exceding 7.5mts long,just got to inform the car ins company what we are doin.So thats not to bad.Just dropped my motorhome into Ribblesdale auto at Preston,to get night night heater fitted and two 110amp hr lesure batteries fitted in line,so its all coming together nicely.next on the agenda is a safefill gas bottle refillable,but thats when i save some more money up.All the best and av a good weekend:thumb::Cool:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If and I say if.. my 4 wheel braked Brain James trailer broke away from the RV the safety cable would apply the trailers brakes and bring it to a halt. If I used chains then it would drag uncontrolled until the chain parted. I use to use a chain, but Rick (Motor Romin) on RVOC explained to me the merits of not chaining and the advice is sound as if you think about it.. you want the trailer to stop as soon as possible without injury to anyone.

Still trying to work out how a toad could apply it's brakes in the same way.. all 4 coming on at the same time? or is there away this can now be sorted?

Though I know you disapprove of them, my A-frame will apply all four wheel brakes in a breakaway situation via the breakaway cable releasing the lever on the hitch which has a strong gas strut which applies the brakes through the normal brake cable to the footbrake. Obviously I haven't tried this for real but certainly pulling the lever by hand when stationary indicates that it will work as intended. Hard work to reset it though because of the strength of the gas strut.

kkclassic

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
South Coast
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp

Hi Bob

If that happened to my toad then the Brake Buddy breakaway would apply all brakes evenly on the car and a warning would sound in the cockpit of the RV.

Kevin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back