Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
In a short run yesterday we saw two brits pulled over by police within a couple of miles of each other less than 20 miles from Santander. One was a Monaco RV the other a Bessacar E7something. Both were A framing small cars. Both had about 6 police officers attending. I'm just guessing but I think the A frames were the common denominator.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
you can lead a horse to water Jim..

As they say you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink...

Does not matter how many times there are advice and information put on MHF re the toads in Spain there is always those that think they can beat the system.

Oh well they are €80 less to spend and a lot of aggro and worry if they are going to get pulled further along the road.

Thanks for telling it as it is.. first hand views of the issue are always welcome.

Bob

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Whilst it is very possible that our blessed Leader (may his name be praised) is right about the reason for the police stopping the vehicles, it is by no means certain.

I count myself lucky that my two vans are of a suitable size to allow me to go largely where ever I choose...

A Frog yes... a Toad never... :winky:

JJ :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Whilst it is very possible that our blessed Leader (may his name be praised) is right about the reason for the police stopping the vehicles, it is by no means certain.

I count myself lucky that my two vans are of a suitable size to allow me to go largely where ever I choose...

A Frog yes... a Toad never... :winky:

JJ :Cool:

Two vans eh............Capitalist :ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
he likes being a capitalist

JJ likes being a capitalist.. if Prestcot can have 2 jags he can have to 'old' vans

Bob:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Absolutely. They might have been stopping people to warn them to be on guard against gassing attacks :roflmto:

or to check for illegal speed camera POIs on sat navs

spare driving glasses

high viz vest

spare lamps

warning triangles

hmm... think they have bigger fish to fry .. or 'framing' to do :winky:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Of course you could look outside the box a little with this. As most people that take a car to Spain are there long term and if they have a pull on the way down and a pull on the way back at today's exchange rate it would equate to around £130. For the convenience of a car for 6 months I am of the opinion that its a cheap price to pay. Much cheaper than having to pay for 2 pitches,one for the camper,one for the trailer. Not to mention the extra weight of the trailer and the security issues whilst its unhooked. You could of coarse hire a car in Spain for 6 months, but NOT for £130. Really there are more than one options here and the trailer for me is still a no brainer. But then again that's only the opinion of someone that's Aframed for 12 years without a pull. I may have been lucky or then again I may have been sensible and not come out with the silly answer of "Its OK in the UK so must be OK here mister". More along the lines of "Would you join me in a bottle of wine SIR"

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
In a short run yesterday we saw two brits pulled over by police within a couple of miles of each other less than 20 miles from Santander. One was a Monaco RV the other a Bessacar E7something. Both were A framing small cars. Both had about 6 police officers attending. I'm just guessing but I think the A frames were the common denominator.

If they had joined motorhome fun they would have known its a no no.

However there is a rempte chance the motorhomers were a group of young me who had actually flagged down the Police to ask em what are the best pick up lines to pull a Spanish Sen your Rita....

huh??? bet ya didnt think of that did ya now?

simples.....

I sugest this as I am an expert on body language and the presence of several Police means a problem they are trying to solve via their joint life skills....

because we all know the answer to:-

How many spanish Police does it take to report an A frame toad pulling motorhomer.....

just Juan

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
Of course you could look outside the box a little with this. As most people that take a car to Spain are there long term and if they have a pull on the way down and a pull on the way back at today's exchange rate it would equate to around £130. For the convenience of a car for 6 months I am of the opinion that its a cheap price to pay. Much cheaper than having to pay for 2 pitches,one for the camper,one for the trailer. Not to mention the extra weight of the trailer and the security issues whilst its unhooked. You could of coarse hire a car in Spain for 6 months, but NOT for £130. Really there are more than one options here and the trailer for me is still a no brainer. But then again that's only the opinion of someone that's Aframed for 12 years without a pull. I may have been lucky or then again I may have been sensible and not come out with the silly answer of "Its OK in the UK so must be OK here mister". More along the lines of "Would you join me in a bottle of wine SIR"

Geezus Im off to snowbirds pitch...if him and a policeman can jaccuzzi in a bottle of wine so big to accomodate them both...then hes the host for me.

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
if Jim is abroad...then we could all go wild...when the cats away ethos...

kwjoijeojgwnmojw0jpk]poqewk-0fpkj...there, I feel much better for that....

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I sugest this as I am an expert on body language and the presence of several Police means a problem they are trying to solve via their joint life skills....

because we all know the answer to:-

How many spanish Police does it take to report an A frame toad pulling motorhomer.....

just Juan
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
is Harryoxford2 going for record?

Is Harryoxford2 going of a record or the most replies to one post back to back I wonder.. or is it the wine that has got him going?

Bob:Blush:

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
ya right..I do it all wrong in replies.

I read something and make a comment then the same with a few and all of a sudden there is a que of harry replies

I will kerb me enfuse eeasm

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Geezus Im off to snowbirds pitch...if him and a policeman can jaccuzzi in a bottle of wine so big to accomodate them both...then hes the host for me.

A little off post but had a pull just south of Essaourira the other week. Caught bang to rights doing 75 klicks in a 60 klick zone. The old bill had a speed gun and started with "Welcome to Morocco sir" you were speeding. After having the crack for 10 minutes I was away with no fine but a bottle of very cheap plunk less to carry. Civility costs zilch but can save you dearly.:winky:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just because one country in 50 in Europe think they are illegal does not make them so. i have no need for a car, if i did, it would be an A frame for sure. All that messing with trailers, what a pain. A frames; Legal and cool:thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Just because one country in 50 in Europe think they are illegal does not make them so. i have no need for a car, if i did, it would be an A frame for sure. All that messing with trailers, what a pain. A frames; Legal and cool:thumb:

:reel:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Absolutely not fishing. I've never been convinced they are illegal. Just a super way to tow.

If I wanted an A Frame I'd buy one from the states where the A is reversed, the ball is on the car and when not in use the whole A just folds up and remains securely attached behind the motorhome. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back