I Was Wondering... Do You Know? (1 Viewer)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Which is healthiest (or least harmful) for you...

Potatoes, rice or spaghetti or FB Pies and Baked Beans?

JJ :Cool:

The last one I reckon JJ, certainly not those great looking crepes, didn't she do well? :Smile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well as for harmful jj that depends if someone was going to throw a pot of them at me then potatoes would be more harmful just noticed you added more so it have to be a tin of beans that would be harmful:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I Was Wondering... Do You Know?
Which is healthiest (or least harmful) for you...

Potatoes, rice or spaghetti?

JJ

I love having lots of things to do and knowing that I don't have to do any of them...

There is always a reason for everything... it's just we don't always know what it is...

You have to be carefully of spaghetti the ends are so sharp:Eeek:

Rice on the floor makes you slip over:Eeek:

Potatoes are safest in my book as they have no pointy bits
Don't roll to much and squish when you step on them
And they have eyes to watch you:

He he he he :Doh::Sad::thumb:

Last edited:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Seriously, this is what came up on the veggies site

Quote, "potatoes give more complete balance of aminos, will make u feel much fuller (i.e. eat less), and give a bit more percents of vitamin (especially vit C). also has less than 1 gram of fat, and low calories (161).

With regard to Rice it depends on whether it is brown (better) or white (more starch)

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Oi Griff

Very, very naughty to edit a post by adding words that were not there in the original and then repost it as a quote! :Angry:

Some Funsters might be misled into thinking I think FB pies are healthy! Delicious yes but healthy?????

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have spooken to quite a few people in their 90's who swear by potatoes JJ.

I dont know the science behind it.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Rice,brown rice takes ages to cook, a nutritionist recommended Basmati rice as it is not polished to the extent of American long grain and it still has a fair amount of fibre.

Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Have you no sense of adventure? :ROFLMAO:

If you deep fry scrunched up spogetttie does it go straight:Doh:

when I deep fry spigootie it goes curley :RollEyes:

Rice I can only boil

Pootatatoes I like roasted deep ride crispss mashed wiv or wiv out spring onions

Ooohhhh I just like pootatoes full stop :thumb:V:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Spuds are best by far :thumb:You can fry boil or roast the all sorts of different ways. Iam not aware of any probs reheating spuds unlike Rice-once cooked should not be reheated after a short period or causes food poisoning :Eeek:Spaghetti is just horrid full stop.:Eeek:
Spuds rools OK:thumb:
terry

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Do something useful, as my Mum used to say !

JJ.....It is obvious that you are at your wits end awaiting the arrival of your Princess !!!:cry:
You have far too much time on your hands......:Doh:
P.S.......I had a FB Chicken pie last night !!...Top Notch...Avec Frites, Therefore I declare spuds to be harmful !...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
I think it all depends on how much of each you eat:roflmto:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Oi Griff

Very, very naughty to edit a post by adding words that were not there in the original and then repost it as a quote! :Angry:

Some Funsters might be misled into thinking I think FB pies are healthy! Delicious yes but healthy?????

This sort of thing is catching JJ ask a certain French Ninja about a swimsuit:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
The thing is with all three, you are probably best having a variety of all three, giving you a better balance of meals, I would not think there is enough difference to eliminate any from your diet, but brown rice is healthier than white.

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
SPUDS hurt when she throws them at you.

But then again so does rice and spaghetti when its
still in the box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Regards
Steve

v

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
One has to ask - better in what way JJ? Most protein, least carbs, what? For whom, in which circumstances? - to eg run a marathon on, or keep your tummy feeling full for a long time?

Specifically carbs, you are better off with 'longer lasting' carbs usually (meaning anybody unless they inject insulin), which means things like brown rice and pasta but if like me you loathe both of those, then basmatti rice does release its carb slower than normal white rice. But then again you could mean Arborio (risotto) rice - or 'pudding' rice. Longer release, so they don't hit your bloodstream like an express train, but drip in more gently.

Spuds have different amounts of this that and the other depending on how they are cooked.

And weight for weight - chips have more Vit C than oranges.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Overdosing on oranges here in Javea :ROFLMAO: because the orange seller is cute (and about 80!) and they are so tasty. As for potatoes, rice and pasta. Personally, though I do eat it occasionally pasta is very much a processed foodstuff and of course generally made of wheat which disagrees with a lot of folk. Rice is nice, but if I was allowed only one of the three potatoes would be my choice. You can dig em up, scrub em and off you go ::bigsmile: My brother was convinced as a child that if he ate a green one he would get Spinabifida ? I know you should not eat them green as they could make you ill but he was way off there:Smile: My dear Mother said to me that if she did not eat potatoes in one shape or form for a couple of days she started to get the DT's :Eeek: Still, worse things to be addicted too! Jane :Smile:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
On the other hand [HI]rice makes better confetti[/HI] :roflmto:

But look at the mess that's left on the ground, surely potatoes would be easier to gather up again even though they may have been more painful the first time you showered the bride with them.........:Smile:.

Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
But look at the mess that's left on the ground, surely potatoes would be easier to gather up again even though they may have been more painful the first time you showered the bride with them.........:Smile:.

For mash get smash makes less mess

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SAbJjktk7E&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
rice contains arsnic and should not be reheated. Potatoes on the other hand are very versatile...boiled, boiled and mashed, boiled in their skins, baked, roast, chipped, chopped, sliced....can be reheated or put in a salad with lots of garlic....spuds every time:D(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back