Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Grey waste was full over the weekend and the usual flashy light came on the control panel. Emptied the tank, but the flashy light is still being flashy?

Probably down to the sensor or float (or whatever is in the tank) sticking.

The tank is underslug the far rear of our Chaussy Flash 03. From memory, I to remember seeing a circle thingy in the middle of the tank (underneath). I assume I can get in there and take a look at the sensor, floaty thing?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Craig disconnect it :thumb: they never work anyway :ROFLMAO: or ignore it ::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
I can't.......my biggest downfall in life. If something that is pretty simple doesn't do the job it's supposed to I get irrate!.....:Doh:

It's worked perfectly well so far, but now it's working too well......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
They usually work on sensors so some crud may be stuck,either leave until full again and see what happens or clean out tank-pour some clothes washing liquid in :winky:
terry

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Grey waste was full over the weekend and the usual flashy light came on the control panel. Emptied the tank, but the flashy light is still being flashy?

Come crap bridging the feelers.

Fill tank with water and loads of BIO, go for run. Fingers crossed, empty.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Half fill with fresh clean water. Go for a drive and then empty... Normally a good bit of slushing around displaces all the crud, a bit like a washing machine...

Terry, Mine have all worked on all 3 of our vans.... May be its how your building them :roflmto:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Half fill with fresh clean water. Go for a drive and then empty... Normally a good bit of slushing around displaces all the crud, a bit like a washing machine...

Terry, Mine have all worked on all 3 of our vans.... May be its how your building them :roflmto:

I doubt that :thumb: I have NEVER fitted them ::bigsmile: Complete waste of money to me :ROFLMAO:
terry

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
I just did our black tank----dump-----put in a gallon or so of water and a cup of washing powder----go for a drive to slosh it all about----dump----should be like new:winky:
Nigel & Pamala

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Craig disconnect it :thumb: they never work anyway :ROFLMAO: or ignore it ::bigsmile:
terry

Have to agree the most reliable sign that the waste water tank is full is wet feet in the bathroom.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Craig

If your grey tank sensor is like the one on our Chausson, it consists of two probes, one at the top, one at the bottom, which complete the circuit and put on the light once water is covering them both.
If the sides of your tank are covered in wet crud, the circuit will be completed in that way instead.
As advised previously in this thread, a good clean and flush will hopefully sort it out!:thumb:

Oh! And tell Mrs Rogers to stop putting the said crud down the sink and shaving her legs in the shower! That should help!!!!!!!!:roflmto:

Just a thought, it might not be Mrs Roger's fault! Have you been out in the snow and have got a load of frozen slush stuck to the outside of the tank, all over your sensor's wiring and terminals?

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Had to dismantle one of mine several vans back. It was a piece of spaghetti across the wires.
They're usually pretty inaccurate anyway, I usually have an idea how much is in mine from how much water I put in the other tank, it must eventually end up there (less tea and loo flushing). My present van only shows a warning when its full which is pretty useless as if I waited till then there would probably be nowhere to empty it.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
you could always install one of these half way up the tank to give a 50% reading connected to a LED or something.
Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back