artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Its two years almost to the day since I started on converting the van. Today we braved the snow to do some changes and make the bed bigger

messing about by stewdavid.com, on Flickr

the added bonus will be loads of new storage space........might even have a secret whisky locker ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Its two years almost to the day since I started on converting the van. Today we braved the snow to do some changes and make the bed bigger

the added bonus will be loads of new storage space........might even have a secret whisky locker ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Good grief, it's not going to break is it. I think Swift would make two caravans and a MH out of that much wood.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
WOW :Eeek: you dont do things by halves do you that bed is not going to break is it:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
artona

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
lol...........do like to build it to last tis true ::bigsmile:

A friend, unclenorm helps me with the van.........his favourite lines are "Insulated to within an inch of its life" and why use a 3inch screw if you can get a 4 inch one in" lol

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Heavens! If you had used half the wood, you could have lowered the bed by a few inches.

Craig

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
well there goes your payload. Way over engineered all that extra weight cost fuel to carry around, still forgot you were so rich:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
artona

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
Whats payload wildman...........is it important?

We weighed her before we started and we have kept a close eye as we went along. Suspension has been uprated and she pulls and cruises as you would expect. Fuel economy is excellent. You need to remember these vans are built to carry load ::bigsmile:

hey but thanks for your concern

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Stew,I take it you are having half ins ply on top of the frame work ?or are you going for three quarter just in case ::bigsmile:-- give us more pics of the rest of van please :winky:
terry

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Greenpeace and Save The Planet are holding high level meetings tomorrow to discuss the forest that died for your bed Stew... :ROFLMAO:

Payload?

40 years of motorhoming (over twenty of them on the road full time) and I have never been weighed in a motor home... (all the time in the coal lorry!)

Yeah, yeah... I know... you met a guy in a bar in Mexico whose cousin's sister in law's neighbour was weighed once but I haven't...

Glass ALWAYS half full in my life...

JJ :Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back