LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
As long as you are going out of the school holiday season, I would not think of going abroad without camping cheque and the ACSI, in my opinion essential, one year with camping cheque we paid 13 euros while the people on the next pitch who were staying for 3 weeks were paying 25 euros a night without it. We have the card and not the paper cheques that way we can load the card up when and as we like.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
As long as you are going out of the school holiday season, I would not think of going abroad without camping cheque and the ACSI, in my opinion essential, one year with camping cheque we paid 13 euros while the people on the next pitch who were staying for 3 weeks were paying 25 euros a night without it. We have the card and not the paper cheques that way we can load the card up when and as we like.

we used camping chqs for first time last year,:thumb:
As Carol says above use them out of school hols and get a silver card you can load it over the phone or internet and it gets updated next time you put it in the machine at the camp site.:thumb:
and they last a minimum of 2 years from purchase. the sites we used were good. will

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Both Camping cheque and acsi are good, as others stated get one of the cards not paper cheques then should you need more it can be done while away, with paper cheques it cannot.
acsi like wise is a good discount system but you buy a yearly guide/site book to get a card that allows you discount.
The sites have to pass certain criteria to be in either group so all are good facility wise for vans,m/homes/tents with some having extras like swimming pools,cafe/restaurants, childrens entertainment facility etc.
We have used both for years

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
There are far more acsi sites than camping cheque sites so although in principle camping cheques are OK it does depend where you are going. I have both, but if I only had one it would be acsi, there are more sites and you do not have to pay in advance. Also with camping cheques there is a fee for the transaction to buy the cheques, as well as the "per night" fee, which means they are not as cheap as they appear especially for small quantities.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Chybax

Chybax

Free Member
Apr 7, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach
Exp
Thanks

Thank you all for your replies,they are very helpful , we will give it ago:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back