Battery removed - how do you lock door? (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, I've removed the vehicle battery to charge it up but can't see a way of locking the passenger door. Central locking on key fob not working without battery connected. Drivers door locks with key and habitation door locks from inside. Am I missing something obvious with passenger door? There's no lock on outside and can't see a 'button' to press to lock from inside. Fiat Ducato X250, 2011 Bessacarr. Thanks, Paul

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Mmmm sorry mate your going to have to sit in it all night until your batteries charged:winky:

Welcome to fun by the way and sorry someone who knows will be along in a sec:thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
A little lever by the door handle (Inside)...

If my memory serves me correct flick it over and it shows red..

I may be wrong.. :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
lock the doors then remove the battery, relock any door manually that you need to to get out if the battery in within the habitation ( don't use the passenger door obviously.

OP
OP
camel
Apr 25, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Couldn't see anything to press on passenger door and had already removed battery before discovered door would not lock. In fact had to open passenger door to reach in from outside to disconnnect positive lead and lift battery out! Does seem strange door can not be locked easily.

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
lock the doors then remove the battery, relock any door manually that you need to to get out if the battery in within the habitation ( don't use the passenger door obviously.

DOH,,,,,:ROFLMAO::Doh::ROFLMAO::Doh::ROFLMAO::Doh::ROFLMAO::Doh::ROFLMAO::Doh:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Page 93 of handbook states you can only lock the drivers door with the key if battery removed

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
there is a hole above latch on the end of the door that you put the key in and turned then shut the door on the X250 models.

OP
OP
camel
Apr 25, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks ABA for the information, door locked no problem :Smile:. Surely this info should be in the manual, unless it is but I couldn't see it anywhere. Good news when I went to the storage yard was the door locked ok, bad news was storage is closing in a couple of months :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back