Free Member
Aug 1, 2010
Malton,North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since June 08
It's nice to see more middle aged and younger people getting into the motorhome scene.It always had that stigma of retired and loaded attached to it, wish I was retired and loaded. Only another 20+ years to go:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
How many do we have on here in that age bracket??

Mike

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
It's nice to see more middle aged and younger people getting into the motorhome scene.It always had that stigma of retired and loaded attached to it, wish I was retired and loaded. Only another 20+ years to go:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well I'm half way there, almost retired and .....................

.................poor as a church mouse.......:roflmto:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

Mike
should these two words be in the same sentence ? :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
should [HI]these two words be in the same sentence[/HI] ? :roflmto:

[HI]Retired and loaded..........[/HI]

Yes of course they should, but only when you're 40 ish and dreaming of what the future may hold, now real world.........

...............won't say any more at the risk of upsetting Peter and Eddie

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Had a motorhome before my 40s... and up until I retired ..

can't afford one now. Being retired aint what it's cracked up to be... , so enjoy while you can and don't rush to the finish line.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
early forties here too and if we didn't have the motorhome we'd be homeless.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010

Mike

Middle aged and younger Mmm
What is middle aged?
I'm 54 now and hope I get a good 25 yrs unless the diesel runs out (Argentina FO! its ours we won!)
I love meeting new people who dont drag the annoying bored kids along with frisbies and footballs :thumb:

OP
OP
mikkidee

mikkidee

Free Member
Aug 1, 2010
Malton,North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since June 08
Middle aged and younger Mmm
What is middle aged?
I'm 54 now and hope I get a good 25 yrs unless the diesel runs out (Argentina FO! its ours we won!)
I love meeting new people who dont drag the annoying bored kids along with frisbies and footballs :thumb:

Hi techno, how's the solar installation going? Ours today were charging up to 13.6 and holding at 12.8 great job Thanks:thumb::thumb:
Mike.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i used to work in a scrap yard and we went full time over a year ago.
as for coping things are tight the van is insured and taxed until december and full of fuel
and currently parked on a relatives driveway we are looking at the number 1 game plan of working on campsites and we have an interview on monday so heres to being positive (that job is ours):thumb:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Very good Mike. Surveying a new fit on a Burstner this Sunday, probably same panels as yours £39 cheaper each now :Eeek:
Doing shopfitting full time now self employed mainly WHSmiths stores so struggling for time for anyone else.
Fitting Dunlop airsuspension to mine tomorrow in the freezing cold, I'll be doing a blog with photos for general circulation.
Many thanks for the feedback :thumb: not long now before they really come into their own and hook up free living.

OP
OP
mikkidee

mikkidee

Free Member
Aug 1, 2010
Malton,North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since June 08
i used to work in a scrap yard and we went full time over a year ago.
as for coping things are tight the van is insured and taxed until december and full of fuel
and currently parked on a relatives driveway we are looking at the number 1 game plan of working on campsites and we have an interview on monday so heres to being positive (that job is ours):thumb:

Yeah good luck Andy hope it all works out for you. We had an interview with the caravan club. After working out our finances, found out that it wasn't really viable:cry: but that would have been our first intro to full timing. Maybe later on who knows.
Mike

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Had the motorhome for 4 years now and now 44 even though i dont look it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
So im still working hard ok working and another 10 years will do me fine :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Lyn and I got our first motorhome when I was 28 and we only had three children, now we have loads as Lyn and I had another and all of them have brought other "children" into our lives.. Other peoples! Some people call them girlfriends.

Our oldest son James has a 33 foot Holiday Rambler, and absolutely loves it. The next Son down works for Chelston Motorhomes doing something!:winky: number three has no interest in vans but wants a boat and the youngest is, well, nearly 19 so doesn't count!

Turned the big Five O last year and can honestly say that some of the best friends we have, we have met through motorcaravanning and our children when we are all together always talk about the family holidays that we have had, the places that we have been and the people that we met!

When I was late twenties I was touched by the generosity and time that was afforded to our family by older people that "knew the ropes" and have seen acts of amazing kindness over the years as well

This is why we all do it I guess!

Eddie

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Had my first motorhome when i was 41 (2001)...
Retired in 2006 aged 46 and now spending even more time away in the van....
It aint everyone's cup of tea to be retired but after years of graft and being tied down to work commitments it great to just take off.. :thumb:
I can now do things with my grandchildren that I never could with my own kids as back then we didnt have the cash or time to do it...

Yorkshirelass

Free Member
Feb 3, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Just started at 47 and 33 and enjoying the freedom so far. got it mainly coz "disabled" friendly accomodation is in short supply. so this way we always have what hubby needs with us.

OP
OP
mikkidee

mikkidee

Free Member
Aug 1, 2010
Malton,North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since June 08
There will be less 35 - 45 year olds coming into motorhoming from what we are experiencing from last year.

Peter[/QUOTE

Yeah the country is in a mess at the moment John, but hopefully it will go full circle and we will all see the good times again, but not any time soon unfortunately:Sad:
Mike

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
The main fault is the British advertising industry always promoting Motorhomes and caravans to the 'grey' pound community.
Magazines don't help using 'more mature' models in their reports, Tents and trailer tents were for young people.
All of these are suitable for young people to follow their 'extreme sports' and later to provide holidays for their young children without falling foul of the Victorian attitude to kids

I had my first campervan when I was 24 it was a self-build on a Land Rover,I still tent camped. I only stopped tenting a few years ago when I found it difficult to bend down to get in and out!

Look at any Continental motorhome magazine and you will see th adverts are targeted at a much younger age group.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Life is tough and it's not all God given so work hard and do your best or sit on the sofa like the
benefit stricken rest.
I have a middle of the road van from the outset 20 months ago and now striving for the van we only now realise is the one we want until death do us part!
Dream on but dont let it stop you enjoying the Now! and this next and every weekend you can

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I don't know if anyone else has noticed but i'm amazed at the 30 to 40 age group (well heeled) that I've seen over the last couple of years belting down the outside lane of motorways in big 4x4's hauling 20'+ caravans behind them without any obvious thought of the consequences of their actions, I tugged for twenty years and it was always in the back of my mind 'what if' :Doh:

OP
OP
mikkidee

mikkidee

Free Member
Aug 1, 2010
Malton,North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since June 08
Very good Mike. Surveying a new fit on a Burstner this Sunday, probably same panels as yours £39 cheaper each now :Eeek:
Doing shopfitting full time now self employed mainly WHSmiths stores so struggling for time for anyone else.
Fitting Dunlop airsuspension to mine tomorrow in the freezing cold, I'll be doing a blog with photos for general circulation.
Many thanks for the feedback :thumb: not long now before they really come into their own and hook up free living.

You could always refund the difference:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
There isnt a difference to you Mike as I paid £39 per panel more then :cry:
Actually although they look identical and same dimensions yours are quoted at 0.2 amps more than the current ones
Link Removed
Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back