Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hello All!

Yesterday in France was "Chandeleur"...... the Crêpes day, and of course I made a few for my friends of the Stadium to warm them up a bit :winky: ... and I thought may be my fellows funsters would enjoy a lesson of Crêpes.

So I will be making them in chatroom "direct live" on Sunday at 4.00pm

Shall I remind you that YOU do not need to have a webcam... you are watching me ! I am the one who needs one :RollEyes:::bigsmile:(it might sound very stupid to say this, but a lot don't realise that they don't need one to watch ... but only when they want to be seen/heard!!)

So if you want to make them at the same time here are the ingredients you need for about 10/12 crêpes (depending on your frying pan size)

So there you need first of all :A flat 'teflon" frying pan. You need it with small lips (I think it is the word you use) otherwise you can't make it fly:Eeek:. Now If you don't want to make it fly then you will need the same tool you use to turn fried eggs:thumb:

250grs of flour (basic one)
3 eggs
1/2 litre milk (have a bit more just in case it is a bit too thick!!if you're on diet , use 0% fat milk)
60grs of butter (and if not salted+ a pinch of salt) + 2 teaspoon oil
A teaspoon of Rum
A teaspoon of Water of "fleur d'oranger"
the juice of half an orange (or of the entire orange if you can't find the water of "fleur d'oranger")
4 pinch of yeast (I always take the chemical one simply because the baking one is a bit too tasty for me... but it is up to you)

I will do it as if I had no mixer, I guess you don't all have a mixer in the motorhome.

You will need a rather big bowl
and a small cup in which you will have the melt butter (if you are in a motorhome and no microwave you will need to have the butter out of the fridge a long time before, and a bain-marie to make it melt completly!)

and a piece of coton (about the size of mini mandarin)

Any question , just ask away!

Yummy Yummy ......::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Amicalement

Frankie

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
we're going to fall out Frankie

The reason we're going to fall out is that I love crepes...................

........and my two boys and their wives are taking us out on Sunday (anniversary present) so I won't be able to tune in..........:cry:

:Smile:.......will it be repeated on Sky later.........Griff.:france: xx One for you and one for JJ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The hilldweller way.

Make pancake as close to crepe as possible.

Put on plate.

Cover in ordinary sugar.

Float on cheap brandy.

Eat.

Repeat until guilt takes over.

Lick plate.

PS......

Oh dear I'm slavering.

Last edited:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
The hilldweller way.

Make pancake as close to crepe as possible.

Put on plate.

Cover in ordinary sugar.

Float on cheap brandy.

Eat.

Repeat until guilt takes over.

[HI]Lick plate.[/HI]

PS......

Oh dear I'm slavering.

Yes, Lick plate and then put back in cupboard, no need to wash (student style) :thumb:

I'll bet after that no funsters will want a cup of tea from my Van
:roflmto:

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
4 o'clock French or English time ???

French (and so Spanish as well) time , which is 3.00pm English time

And BTW , i don't like whisk, i don't feel easy with those , I use a folk Steve .... (oh just noticed you have edited your post and changed whisk for mixer...; i get all mixed up now ::bigsmile:)

Frankie:Smile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Thanks Frankie

I have copied your receipt to a document so I can try to make it (or Sue will) .. we purchased a Tfail crepe pan in France last year.. Sue uses it for Pancakes.. works a treat, better than a frying pan.

We took it on the motorhome all last year to the shows.. have used it from time to time.

Bob:thumb:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Oooooo I am so much with popeye on this one I love crepes I also will not be around :cry: :cry: so not fair I can taste them already :shout: I want crepes.

All the best Rick

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
The reason we're going to fall out is that I love crepes...................

........and my two boys and their wives are taking us out on Sunday (anniversary present) so I won't be able to tune in..........:cry:

:Smile:.......will it be repeated on Sky later.........Griff.:france: xx One for you and one for JJ

Oooooo I am so much with popeye on this one I love crepes I also will not be around :cry: :cry: so not fair I can taste them already :shout: I want crepes.

All the best Rick

Not a real problem .... we can do another session for the ones who are not there on Sunday afternoon. May be on Monday at 5.00pm english time ? Would that suit you 2? could be a bit later if others want to join and it is too early .....

Frankie:winky:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Of course over here we have our "Pancake Day" or Shrove Tuesday later this month (22nd) and I love 'em but Joyce hates making them so if you could just pop over then Frankie to make a few:thumb:

Brian

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Of course over here we have our "Pancake Day" or Shrove Tuesday later this month (22nd) and I love 'em but Joyce hates making them so if you could just pop over then Frankie to make a few:thumb:

Brian

OR....... You could call in chat and learn how to make them ... dead easy indeed... you don't need to fly them you can just turn them . I will show how to do them step by step so .... You can't be that bad... can you?:winky::winky::Smile:

Frankie:thumb:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
OR....... You could call in chat and learn how to make them ... dead easy indeed... you don't need to fly them you can just turn them . I will show how to do them step by step so .... You can't be that bad... can you?:winky::winky::Smile:

Frankie:thumb:

Tossing or flying the pancakes is great fun ......that bit is already my job.

I am very, very bad but I will try to tune in on Sunday if I remember.:Doh: My avatar name is no joke:cry:

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Oooh la la, gran marnier is my favourite :france:

My favorite too!!!:Blush: And will mainly make them with grand marnier on sunday ; will make a few with rum as well .... can't wait :Blush::Blush:

Frankie::bigsmile:

Sausages made in Portugal + crêpes made in France , what more could you ask for ?:Cool:

Last edited:

mickandkim

Free Member
Oct 3, 2011
Purston Jaglin
Funster No
MH
hope to be mobile by dec
Exp
very very new
Yodeli,

Myself and the family adore crepes, hope you don't mind but i have copied your recipe already,
We have a crepe maker, purchased from Lidl and think its fantastic and adore our crepes with Grand Marrnier or Coeur de Comte liqueur

Roll on 15.00 uk time... sure beats shovelling snow..

Mick

Happy crepe day in advance ::bigsmile:

And well done in beating a challenging italian rugby team in cold conditions

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
My favorite too!!!:Blush: And will mainly make them with grand marnier on sunday ; will make a few with rum as well .... can't wait :Blush::Blush:

Sausages made in Portugal + crêpes made in France , what more could you ask for ?:Cool:

A great big Aberdeen Angus steak cooked on the barbie on a certain remote Plage Ecosse !!! See you at 4.00.....:thumb:

France won...30....12 !!!!

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Hi Steve! I managed to know the results of France vs Italy as soon as my work time was finished and BTW .... signed a contract for another baby to care! So that's it , will be starting work as soon as i get back from Marjal!!!

Will you be in chat this afternoon?

BTW Which time do you all prefer ? 3.00pm or 4.00pm ENGLISH TIME?????

Amicalement

FRANKIE:Smile::Smile::winky:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I'll be there in time , don't worry and probably even sooner:thumb:

Have re-arranged our entire week-end around 3 or 4 pm Sunday. Did our anniversary thing yesterday (SAT). I'll be in the chat room at 3.00 GMT

regards..Griff

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
done a test on the chat room

I have done a test in the chat room this morning.. so I will be there...

How do I get the smell to work?

Bob:RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back