Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
Vehtech

01582 510324.

<H1>Trackstar Protector 2 (tm450) - now £215.00 inc VAT!!

**low price**

Thatcham Category 6 Approved - Certificate No TQA199

VehTech provide the latest model Trackstar -Protector 2 (TM450). A full European stolen vehicle tracking system by Trafficmaster. Trackstar uses both GPS and GSM technology to track your vehicle. VehTech provide a professional . by our Trackstar trained and approved technicians.

Trackstar Features:

• Trackstar pinpoints the vehicle's exact location, with Full European coverage
• The tracker will continuously track the vehicle every 20 seconds
• The Trackstar National Control Centre is manned 24 hours a day, every day
• The National Control Centre deals directly with the police to track your vehicle
• Once recovered, the vehicle is returned to you by Trackstar - free of charge
• This is an insurance approved tracker which may reduce your insurance premium
• Trackstar on Demand is now included free for a limited time. Trackstar On Demand
allows the vehicle owner to personally track the vehicle on-line.

Trackstar Subscriptions (payable directly to Trafficmaster)

Annual Subscription £147.50 inc VAT
Duration Subscription £407.50 inc VAT

</H1>.
Trackstar Protector 2 (tm450) - now £215.00 inc VAT!!

**low price**

VehTech provide the latest model Trackstar -Protector 2 (TM450). A full European stolen vehicle tracking system by Trafficmaster. Trackstar uses both GPS and GSM technology to track your vehicle. VehTech provide a professional . by our Trackstar trained and approved technicians.

Trackstar Features:

• The National Control Centre deals directly with the police to track your vehicle
• Trackstar on Demand is now included free for a limited time. Trackstar On Demand

<H1>Trackstar Protector 2 (tm450) - now £215.00 inc VAT!!

**low price**

Trackstar Features:

</H1><H1>Trackstar Protector 2 (tm450) - now £215.00 inc VAT!!

**low price**

Trackstar Features:

</H1>

OP
OP
N

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
sorry jim you should get more disscount as it not that cheap ??

it dont matter to me as ive got phantom im my m/h and it works too well ,i was reading bobs post and sounds like he has a spider tooo ,i had one and the tracker would go of when he moved,

The air time rate on this is not cheap ether as tracker/phantom only charge £ 100.00 per year ,and this one is £150.00 ,seems like sell cheap and get the rest back on air time subs,,,,sorry :Sad:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm not sure of the spec they are offering, but I would not have a mobile fitter fit something so important. what if its peeing down, or freezing, what sort of job are you going to get? These trackers need to be fitted covertly by experts who know motorcaravans inside out.

The deal from Vanbitz is superb, and that is who will fit mine. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Niggle, you said "sorry jim you should get more disscount as it not that cheap ??

The discount is superb those prices you quoted are Higher that Vanbitz

The guy you quote = £215 PLUS £147.5 As opposed to £249 Fitted by VanBitz with the first year Subs included :RollEyes:

The price you just showed is £113 DEARER
:RollEyes::RollEyes:

OP
OP
N

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
fitted in the south by ian bannings the TOP GEAR sparkys who are at dunsfold air drome near guildford,,, and mobile if you want .

all i was saying you should of got more disscount as the air time is not cheap ...or is eddie going to also do a funster disscount on top of the price as this will just make it on par
the reason im interested is friend has a caravan to be done and he has been looking for one, but it seems the company's at present are selling the tracker cheap but upping the air time rates ,and some are adding conection to the system like this one. :whatthe::whatthe: small print applys,,t&c 's

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its just Maths Niggle, you can pay that a guy that is usually only fitting on cars to come to you and fit in the rain. Then You pay him £113 MORE than to have it fitted by motorhome experts at a workshop.

No Brainer ? I think so

OP
OP
N

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
they quoted it fitted for £215 as you will take the m/h or r/v to them.some as eddie,but not so far to go but the air time is more ??

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
as I was mentioned in the post

As I was mentioned int he post and a spider.. well may be a mouse...

I have to agree with Jim on this.. I would rather pay a bit more and have the work done in a proper workshop... VanBitz has a very good workshop that takes the biggest RV.

Take this morning... OK I have the extended warranty I purchased after the first two years on my alarm systems life... had to call them to discuss the issue.. no big deal, told me there feelings and what to do and use the night alarm system (Which we do use when away on sites at night) .. so I set the the alarm now with a mouse trap o board and we will wait and see.. give it a few days and see if anything is in the trap... but I have to give the houses around me some peace and quite at night. Do mice eat at night? or come out to play?

But I think myself while it is easier to have someone come out to do the work of fitting a tracker, for me the fact it is such an important bit of gear I would want to buried deep and that can only be done in a workshop in my view.

Bob

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
they quoted it fitted for £215 as you will take the m/h or r/v to them.some as eddie,but not so far to go but the air time is more ??
So what is the total fitted price including subscription then?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
First off I would say the deal being offerd is bloody good.. In fact a bargain and big up to Eddie for offering it..

I would love one but given every alarm we have ever had fitted that has any sort of RF connection to it is constantly triggered by, I believe, fairly massive radar bursts ( we live in the middle of several pretty active battle areas where a LOT of clever new stuff is trial'd ) it simply aint a goer

I suspect I would be constantly on the fone sorting out false alarms, so sadly for the sake of everyones sanity, I cannot use a decent tracking system ( we do have a system fitted but it is a cheapo thing and based on a mobile fone,, apart from call charges there are no fees )

One observation .. and please please, no one take this as a negative, merely a thought by a tight git !

Until such times as the monitoring fee is brought right down ( certainly no more than say, £30 pa ) the systems will never be that popular ( popular is in not used, not popular as in well worth having )

And yes, I note you can make a one off payment which will keep it monitored for the entire time you own the van, but given that an awful lot of us, like bikers, tend to change our steeds quite regularly that could actually work out dearer.. There is also the issue of accidents.. By their nature we can never know when one is going to happen.... so if, for instance your name is Graham ( :winky: ) and the local Aldi mafia puts out a hit on your van a week after you have paid for tracking for life ( or indeed even a year ) that is money you will never see again..

As I said, this is just my thoughts.. If you can afford the membership fee's and are contemplating having a tracker fitted, I doubt you will be able to find a better deal than that which Eddie is currently offering !!

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I had a tracker on my last M/H, when I cancelled the subscription they offered to drop the charge to only £35 per year. Without the tracker my insurance went up £25.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
THIS IS A COPY OF A POST WE ADDED TO ANOTHER THREAD RUNNING ON TRACKING SYSTEMS:

We'd like to say it is a great deal being offered by Eddie, but we would like to advise Funsters of our experience.

4 years ago had a Tracker fitted to our previous Dodge Ram, a tracking device was a condition of the insurance company. Once fitted we were informed that if using ferries we would need to contact Tracker to advise as the vehicle would be in motion without keys in the ignition.

We broke down on the M25 and had to be recovered, the vehicle on the breakdown truck without keys in the ignition, same as being on a ferry, we were in another vehicle in front of the breakdown truck going up the M11 when we realised we had not called Tracker and expected to hear the police chasing the recovery driver, but two days later still had not heard from Tracker. We gave them a call and when they checked they said the Tracker was not working. They came out and checked it and got it working, so how can you tell if your Tracker is working??

Because of this, we decided on our next Dodge Ram that we wanted a system whereby we could also check it's location, so we have now had fitted a tracking system from Smartrack, we just log an and at anytime we can see it's location, we are much happier and we can confirm it is working and not paying the annual subscription fee of around £130.00 for nothing. We have also been called by Smartrack on a couple of occasions when we have been working on the vehicle and the battery has been disconnected. This NEVER happened with Tracker even when we had our vehicle in storage, the batteries were always disconnected when we left it.

We have not read any information on Eddies system, so can't compare it with our experiences, but thought you might like to hear our story.

Nigel and Pamala

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back