Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
From another site but thought the info useful.

Another motor homer recently posted about "Ambleside Aire" in the lake district, I took the liberty to email the department that are looking after the venture.

I have just had a reply and thought it may be of interest to other members on here, I have been granted the ok to publish the email :-

In answer to your enquiry;

The site will be open 365 days of the year. There are 2 areas for camping, either hard standing or grass; dependant on the weather conditions the grass area may be closed if there has been a period of persistent rain (not unusual in this neck of the woods!), but the hardstanding area will still be open during the most severe weather conditions.
There is no time limit on the length of your stay, however, this is a relatively new venture and we are still at the development stage. Consequently we can supply you with plenty of fresh water but to date we have yet to install an elsan toilet disposal point; we are hoping to have this facility in place within the next few weeks. Aside from keeping the place neat and tidy we have no intention of developing the site further; there are no plans for electric hook-up, toilet blocks etc. as this would by necessity involve increasing the charges.
Charges are as follows; vans upto 6 metres long are £6.00/night, vans above 6 metres long are £8.00/night.
Booking by email is the best option, all I require is your registration number and proposed dates of arrival and departure. With this information I can ensure a pitch is kept available for you. The main entrance gate is locked by a combination padlock; on receipt of your booking email I shall supply you with the code for the padlock, which changes periodically. If time does not allow an email exchange I can be contacted on 07708 310986 for access details or information. I am on site at least twice a day to collect payment but this can be sorted out after your arrival.
I trust you will find the above information of some use and I look forward to seeing you in the future.
Hope this helps someone:thumb:

seems this post was 2009 revisited by someone today

here are coordinates
+54° 25' 46.84", -2° 58' 3.15"

Last edited:

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
Apparently it is now £10 a night to stay there.
I am planning on going up to the Lakes this summer and this aire seems to be in a lovely spot.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
From another site but thought the info useful.

Another motor homer recently posted about "Ambleside Aire" in the lake district, I took the liberty to email the department that are looking after the venture.

I have just had a reply and thought it may be of interest to other members on here, I have been granted the ok to publish the email :-

In answer to your enquiry;

The site will be open 365 days of the year. There are 2 areas for camping, either hard standing or grass; dependant on the weather conditions the grass area may be closed if there has been a period of persistent rain (not unusual in this neck of the woods!), but the hardstanding area will still be open during the most severe weather conditions.
There is no time limit on the length of your stay, however, this is a relatively new venture and we are still at the development stage. Consequently we can supply you with plenty of fresh water but to date we have yet to install an elsan toilet disposal point; we are hoping to have this facility in place within the next few weeks. Aside from keeping the place neat and tidy we have no intention of developing the site further; there are no plans for electric hook-up, toilet blocks etc. as this would by necessity involve increasing the charges.
Charges are as follows; vans upto 6 metres long are £6.00/night, vans above 6 metres long are £8.00/night.
Booking by email is the best option, all I require is your registration number and proposed dates of arrival and departure. With this information I can ensure a pitch is kept available for you. The main entrance gate is locked by a combination padlock; on receipt of your booking email I shall supply you with the code for the padlock, which changes periodically. If time does not allow an email exchange I can be contacted on 07708 310986 for access details or information. I am on site at least twice a day to collect payment but this can be sorted out after your arrival.
I trust you will find the above information of some use and I look forward to seeing you in the future.
Hope this helps someone:thumb:
A GRID REF OR POST CODE WOULD HELP FIND THE PLACE

HAVE TO PHONE TO GET DETAILS

THANKS FOR THE INFO :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There was a fun rally, organised by Dellwood33, at Miller's Field over the August Bank Holiday weekend in 2010. Those of us who went had a great time despite some heavy rain for part of the time.

It's more or less in the centre of Ambleside and in easy walking/cycling distance of Wimdermere. Great value at £10 a night.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back