LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We have just returned home without our motorhome having delivered it back to Swift :cry::cry:

After about 18 months of toing & froing between us, our dealer and Swift, they have finally agreed to fix some damage that must have occured at the factory before we took delivery and had been very poorly covered up.:Doh:

I must add that having agreed the problem is down to them they have todate been very accommodating with a hire car and over-night stay.:thumb:

Unfortunately they reckon to need the vehicle for up to eight weeks so no camping for us for a while:Angry:.I guess it is the time to catch up with some of those jobs around home that we have been puting off for so long:Eeek::Blush:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
as long as it is repaired

We have just returned home without our motorhome having delivered it back to Swift :cry::cry:

After about 18 months of toing & froing between us, our dealer and Swift, they have finally agreed to fix some damage that must have occured at the factory before we took delivery and had been very poorly covered up.:Doh:

I must add that having agreed the problem is down to them they have todate been very accommodating with a hire car and over-night stay.:thumb:

Unfortunately they reckon to need the vehicle for up to eight weeks so no camping for us for a while:Angry:.I guess it is the time to catch up with some of those jobs around home that we have been puting off for so long:Eeek::Blush:

As long as it is repaired that will be good news for you, longer term.

Bob

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Brian, and Joyce, I was wondering the other day what the state of play was, fingers crossed all's well in the end:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And that to me is simply pee poor customer service..

I can think of NOTHING that should take 8 weeks to sort out..
Even a whole new floor could be done in less and that is probably the worse job imaginable..

It seems to me that while they have agreed to sort it they are now 'punishing' you for forcing the issue.

Lets face it, if it took Swift 8 weeks to build a complete van they would not still be in business :Angry:

I was seriously looking at Swifts a while ago but there is no way they will get any of my hard earned ..

Yes, some have been lucky and had no problems, but god forbid you do have an issue..
Absolutely terrible aftersales ( and that is based on maybe 15 -20 incidents reported bth on here and from personal contact with those unlucky enough to have fallen foul of this dreadful company ( all personal opinion you understand and I am sure others have found differently

Glad to hear they are finally sorting it out for you mate, but hell, I would have said your fault, your problem, now gimme a loan VAN while you have it not a poxy car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Brian & Joyce, we hope that the repair goes well and that you are soon back on the road. Look forward to seeing you both out and about real soon.

Brisey & Pam.

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
[HI]now gimme a loan VAN while you have it not a poxy car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/HI]!

That's still a possibility if it goes on too long John,they have said they should complete it a lot sooner and will let me know shortly.

Just at the moment I couldn't be bothered to set another van up for a short time & I have loads to catch-up on around home.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
When we fulltimed we had a leak in the window on the roof, we took it back to Swift factory and they give us a car and paid for a hotel for a week, with the help from our dealer, Johnscross.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Now then Brian,,, if your at home for a while dont for god sake try and empty the toilet cassette !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I would insist most strongly that they organise a suitable motorhome you to use For the two months they have yours. Email the boss, I'm lead to believe he's a good guy. Post his response here:thumb:

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Now then Brian,,, if your at home for a while dont for god sake try and empty the toilet cassette !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have kept the cassette at home and thought I might give Joyce some lessons in it's use.........emptying of course.......she is already proficient at filling it:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I would insist most strongly that they organise a suitable motorhome you to use For the two months they have yours. Email the boss, I'm lead to believe he's a good guy. Post his response here:thumb:

I am hoping it won't be as long as the eight weeks they asked for and I should know soon....if they insist on the such a long period I shall be pushing for a lot more than just a hire van.

As a matter of interest Jim do you happen to know his name?

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp

I would demand a replacement like for like whilst it is in for repair

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Pity you're going to be without your van for a while but it may not go as slowly as it looks at the moment. It's just over 6 weeks since our van was "Asda'd" and we've managed to fill our time. Like you I didn't really feel like setting up/clearing a hire van in the meantime.

Hope they fix it properly and you have no more trouble and that we see you soon.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I have heard grate things about Swift customer service. However I do have to wonder why they don't have loan vans to give out. If I was a director I would be looking at ways to keep customers happy baring in mind these people have put their trust and cash into the hands of Swift by their own choice.

I am not criticising Swift merely offering my opinion on how they could make an unpleasant experience for their customers less of a hassle.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Hi Joyce and Brian. I think Swift are a decent company, although someone on here will disagree with me, but we have just spent the weekend with owners of the Swift Escape (bottom of the range) and they are very happy with their vans. I just hope your problems are sorted soon. Do you fancy joining us on the way to Marjal? Swift, having accepted responsibiliy, won't let you down. ::bigsmile:
Ivy

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I have heard grate things about Swift customer service. However I do have to wonder why they don't have loan vans to give out. If I was a director I would be looking at ways to keep customers happy baring in mind these people have put their trust and cash into the hands of Swift by their own choice.

I am not criticising Swift merely offering my opinion on how they could make an unpleasant experience for their customers less of a hassle.

It would certainly make for good customer relations although I can see it would be difficult to for them to keep a fleet of vans for this purpose.

I think legally it would be down to the dealer to supply a vehicle but unlikely they would do so.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I have kept the cassette at home and thought I might give Joyce some lessons in it's use.........emptying of course.......she is already proficient at filling it:ROFLMAO:

tape the lid down and add a noteno cassette in here

just in case one of swifts little elfs is taken short :Blush::Blush::thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi Joyce and Brian. I think Swift are a decent company, although someone on here will disagree with me, but we have just spent the weekend with owners of the Swift Escape (bottom of the range) and they are very happy with their vans. I just hope your problems are sorted soon. Do you fancy joining us on the way to Marjal? Swift, having accepted responsibiliy, won't let you down. ::bigsmile:
Ivy

Hi Ivy, I agree so far that Swift seem very keen to please, although it has taken a lot of work and a long time to get here but I am fairly confident they will have us sorted asap.

Thanks for the suggestion of Marjal, but assuming we have the m/h back in reasonable time we have a busy time planned ahead from March onwards, including our first trip abroad with it for a month in France.
Best wishes to you and Sandy. Brian

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
tape the lid down and add a noteno cassette in here

just in case one of swifts little elfs is taken short :Blush::Blush::thumb:

I did think about that and the forgot:Doh:............
...................just hope there is no little surprise in the cassette locker when we get it back:Eeek:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Let me explain my rather vociferous stance..

If Swift had sorted out the van and accepted there was an issue when it was first brought to their attention ( as in when it was still almost new ! ) and Brian was told 8 weeks without it ( and remember he is still paying the road tax and insurance on the vehicle which, going by average insurance costs etc will come to about £90 for the suggested two months, has had to pay for diesel ( lord knows how much ) to travel to sort it out ) would folk still say they were doing a good job if no suitable loaner was at the very least offered ?

I also stand by my conviction that any worthwhile organisation should be able to comprehensively repair ANY defect on their own vehicle in a few days.. a week at most

Sorry.. I stand by my conviction

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Yes I know you're right John, but I take the gentle female stance (which I suppose achieves nothing) but aggrression is totally alien to me. However, some men can be manipulated gently and they don't even know it's happened. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Let me explain my rather vociferous stance..

If Swift had sorted out the van and accepted there was an issue when it was first brought to their attention ( as in when it was still almost new ! ) and Brian was told 8 weeks without it ( and remember he is still paying the road tax and insurance on the vehicle which, going by average insurance costs etc will come to about £90 for the suggested two months, has had to pay for diesel ( lord knows how much ) to travel to sort it out ) would folk still say they were doing a good job if no suitable loaner was at the very least offered ?

I also stand by my conviction that any worthwhile organisation should be able to comprehensively repair ANY defect on their own vehicle in a few days.. a week at most

Sorry.. I stand by my conviction

I totally agree with you John, unfortunatlely after I found the initial damage which I didn't think was too serious they wanted me to get it fixed locally. It was then some time after this that I took it to get quotes for the repairs when it was found to have been repaired previously, so the whole procedure started again.

So far Swift have been keen to please us and have agreed to cover all our expenses of fuel etc.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
In that case Brian I take back a goodly part of what said as I was obviously wrong and did not have all the info afore gobbing off :Smile:

Ivy, yesterday woman and I celbrated our 36th wedding anniversary ( I thought it was 38 so shows what I know anyway ! ).. Woman twists me round her little finger ( and it is only rarely she beats me with the big stick she keeps for such occasions :Eeek:::bigsmile: )

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I hope you didn't buy it from Greentrees because they've been bodging repairs for years

Funny you should say that, but no I didn't buy it from them. I did though take it to them to quote for a repair under warranty and they pointed out it had already been sprayed over and accused me of damaging it. When I said it must have been done at the factory the manager got shirty and we fell out.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
You obviously know when you're well off John and Mo treats you very gently. Just don't push your luck or she'll chop ,...........! You know what I mean. You only get one life and you are lucky enough to have the best it gets. :hug::hug:
Ivy

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
In that case Brian I take back a goodly part of what said as I was obviously wrong and did not have all the info afore gobbing off :Smile:

Ivy, yesterday woman and I celbrated our 36th wedding anniversary ( I thought it was 38 so shows what I know anyway ! ).. Woman twists me round her little finger ( and it is only rarely she beats me with the big stick she keeps for such occasions :Eeek:::bigsmile: )

My fault John as I hadn't explained the full story:Doh:

Congratulations to you and Mo on your anniversary:clap:......36 years eh! You should be getting the hang of it now :beer:

deanotic

Free Member
May 2, 2011
Dereham norfolk
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
3 years
I have personal experiance of Greentrees and the manager you speak of and i wouldn't trust them with anything of mine . They have a habit of damaging customers vans and hiding it up , later when the customer discovers the damage they deny all knowledge and accuse the customer of doing it .
Steer well clear of them !

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I have personal experiance of Greentrees and the manager you speak of and i wouldn't trust them with anything of mine . They have a habit of damaging customers vans and hiding it up , later when the customer discovers the damage they deny all knowledge and accuse the customer of doing it .
Steer well clear of them !

I can't remember the guys name but his attitude was the pits & a shall not be going back there:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back