What pets do you take with you (1 Viewer)

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
We have lovely funsters on site with three dogs a budgie and 2 tortoises. A first for us with the tortoises. We have had campers with most animals/birds in their motorhomes but they have told us a camper took their duck for a walk on a lead on a site they were on !
Last year we had some campers with a family of five basset hounds, all very well behaved I might add.
Do you take unusual pets with you ?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I traveled with my Spanish cat Choochoo all over Europe and Morocco until she was run over by a car outside my home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dylan

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
I traveled with my Spanish cat Choochoo all over Europe and Morocco until she was run over by a car outside my home.

Oh dear thats so sad, our cats have 7.5 acres to play in and we have lost 2 on the road. :cry:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
in the past we have taken a couple of horses and pony on our holidays, it was a riding holiday though where you could take your own animal

Now we just take 2 greyhounds

Last edited:

brianju

Free Member
Sep 18, 2007
Hampshire Hogs now in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
A class 1991 Hymer B544
Exp
10yrs ish - US 5th Wheel/US RV/Eurovan
Hi, we have visited you on a couple of occasions :thumb: with our then two dogs (one sadly no longer with us) ... but I'm sure you'll have more campers with 'unusual pets' as time goes by! We have seen ferrets on leads, and at one CS we stayed at, a camper decided to let his pet rat run loose for a bit of exercise on the grass :RollEyes: the guy was still looking for it when we left a couple of days later! Thankfully didn't hear any squeaking noises in our Rv :roflmto:

julia

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I sometimes travel with a beautiful little Frog...

JJ

Frog sausages ? :Eeek:

66918frog_sausage_01081.jpg

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
We have been discussing getting a [HI]micro pig[/HI]:Eeek: So watch this space. You can't beat taking [HI]fresh bacon[/HI] with you:ROFLMAO:
Mike:Smile:

Don't park next to Munchie at any meets, he'll devour your pig for starters.........:ROFLMAO:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
whilst on holiday over the last two years the most unusual pets we have seen on a proper site include

ferrets - kept in cages but allowed to run around in awnings

geckos - again kept in a cage

rats - kept in cage but when the owner had one on the owner's arm and was seen by others was made to leave the site

rabbits, albeit quite hold both cages and allowed to "run" on the grass to the amusement of children

The worst "pets" we ever encountered was at a site where we booked a pet friendly static caravan which was riddled with fleas.

It cost us over £60 to get rid of them and I was covered in bites.

Remember not all pet owners treasure their animals

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
hi,

'tis us at Cwmcuttan with dogs, budgie & torts. We did once tour around Ireland with a pet rat and have caravaned with cats. We did have a pot bellied pig but could not take him camping due to regulations. Interesting to see brianjue's comments as his rig resembles - - - - - - !

Best wishes to all of you camping at the moment.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Weve always travelled with our dogs, cant see the point in sharing your life with pets just part time. If our dogs arent welcome, then we dont go there.

Up till January we had 2 older staffies, but both passed away to cancer within 6 months of each year. Now we have an 18month old staffie cross and 2
10 week old staffie puppies sharing our lifes journey

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I'll be travelling with my 2 Cypriot rescue dogs, Cass & Holly, and Cypriot cat Freddie. Maizie will also be coming along. She's 18 years old (cat) and had to come to live with me when my SIL chose a house on a main road.
They're a pretty laid back pack,so I'm sure they'll travel OK.

Attachments

• Pets 001.jpg
    Pets 001.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Pets 004.jpg
    Pets 004.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 11

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I travel with my two Bitches----

See photos

I also travel with the rarest of animals, 2 teenage Boys.... They smell worse than pot belly pigs, eat more, and cost more than any of the animals thus far mentioned.

Attachments

• PC231841.JPG
    PC231841.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 19
  • P1050217.jpg
    P1050217.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 19

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
When we got the mh last year, we planned to take our 15 year old Border Collie with us on our travels, however, sadly he is no longer with us:cry:

With did take 2 guinea pigs on holiday in a make shift travel cage, in the back of an estate car, when the kids were young. Also a hamster in it's cage, which we used to keep in the shower area of a rented caravan in Devon, but it made a real mess and removing the shavings from the shower tray was a bit of a problem before we vacated it:Doh:

However, the hamster seemed to enjoy his holiday:roflmto:

I have been told no more pets..............:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back