Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Been using my Camos for the last 5 years all over Europe, up to this winter but now I cannot get a signal.

Anybody dismantled one of these, or know how they work, I'm not getting any kind of signal on mine not even even on Astra 1.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Been using my Camos for the last 5 years all over Europe, up to this winter but now I cannot get a signal.
Anybody dismantled one of these, or know how they work, I'm not getting any kind of signal on mine not even even on Astra 1.

Any wire being constantly flexed fails eventually.

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Any wire being constantly flexed fails eventually.

Thanks but that was the first thing I thought of Brian so tested with another from dish to receiver.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

syranara

Free Member
Aug 15, 2008
Northfleet, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
5th wheeler
Exp
Hi,

I will be interested to see any comments on this as we purchased a new one at Christmas and cannot get any signal whatsoever.

We have also tried testing with our old satellite dish (which still works) and also have used the old dish's wire directly into satellite box. Still no joy and we were beginning to wonder whether the Camos was faulty.

Keith did you have to set up the TV satellite menu any differently for the Camos?

Thanks and sorry for jumping in on your thread.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Have you tried restore to factory settings and re scanned.
Jim
:Smile:

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Have you tried restore to factory settings and re scanned.
Jim

It's not the box at fault as I tested it and re-scanned using another dish there is no signal from the sat. dish.

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Hi,

I will be interested to see any comments on this as we purchased a new one at Christmas and cannot get any signal whatsoever.

We have also tried testing with our old satellite dish (which still works) and also have used the old dish's wire directly into satellite box. Still no joy and we were beginning to wonder whether the Camos was faulty.

Keith did you have to set up the TV satellite menu any differently for the Camos?

No separate set up when I got it, as I said used it for years without a problem until now.

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Try this got mine running again::bigsmile:

Link Removed

That is a very different system to mine. As I said it's the sat. dish that is not sending the signal, the box is working fine.

I am trying to find someone who has inside knowledge of the Camos flat sat. dish.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
That is a very different system to mine. As I said it's the sat. dish that is not sending the signal, the box is working fine.

I am trying to find someone who has inside knowledge of the Camos flat sat. dish.

Sorry Keith, I got the wrong end of the stick. Why not give Roadpro a ring. Their very helpful.
Jim

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Have you checked the cover on the LNB? could have a crack in it and allowing water to penetrate.

Had trouble with our dish at home and this was the problem

syranara

Free Member
Aug 15, 2008
Northfleet, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
5th wheeler
Exp
Thanks all.

Keith mine is the same. No signal whatsoever. We have tried all types of scenarios, we've put the old dish up on the roof with the old wire and it worked brilliantly. Connect the new dish to the old wire in the same position as the old dish and nothing. Moved it around and nothing. We checked the signal was being received with a sat signal thingy (sorry my husband is doing it I'm just reporting it) and although it said the signal was spot on there was the same "no signal" being shown on the TV.

We have re-scanned but nothing being found with the Camos and everything being found with the old sat dish that we just used to sit outside on the ground. So much for modern technology :Sad:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
There have been a few instances where water has got inside the planar assembly, if this has happened to yours the only solution is a new planar.

D.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Hi,

The most common reason for newcomers to the flatsat not getting a signal is not getting the elevation right, you must get it within half a turn to start with or you'll never find the signal. If you want you can pm me with your method of alignment and I can probably advise from there.

D.

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
There have been a few instances where water has got inside the planar assembly, if this has happened to yours the only solution is a new planar.

D.

Thanks Dave, not quite what I was hoping to hear. Is it possible to obtain the planer separately or is it a complete new kit?

I did search on line & found This web site which appears to have alternative planer assemblies, some with multiple LNB set ups. I cannot work out if they would fit the crank-up assembly I have. Guess I'll have to try them when we get home in April, (in Spain at the moment)

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Thanks all.

Keith mine is the same. No signal whatsoever. We have tried all types of scenarios, we've put the old dish up on the roof with the old wire and it worked brilliantly. Connect the new dish to the old wire in the same position as the old dish and nothing. Moved it around and nothing. We checked the signal was being received with a sat signal thingy (sorry my husband is doing it I'm just reporting it) and although it said the signal was spot on there was the same "no signal" being shown on the TV.

We have re-scanned but nothing being found with the Camos and everything being found with the old sat dish that we just used to sit outside on the ground. So much for modern technology :Sad:

Just had a thought, after Dave's post, you must look at the angle your van is parked at as this will have an effect on the angle your 'dish' will be at. To demonstrate this point imagine your van is down at the front by a few degrees and your compass shows the sat. is at the front. This will mean you will set the elevation too low because of the angle of the roof when you start. Conversely if the van is down at the back you will aim too high initially so take this into account when you start setting up.
This means if you set up using the instructions on the under side of the crank-up (number of turns to achieve the elevation) you may be well out to start with.

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
when i had a problem i emailed "Andrew Harris" <ah@roadpro.co.uk
he was very helpfull ,i have the same crank up as your self

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Thanks Dave, not quite what I was hoping to hear. Is it possible to obtain the planer separately or is it a complete new kit?

I did search on line & found This web site which appears to have alternative planer assemblies, some with multiple LNB set ups. I cannot work out if they would fit the crank-up assembly I have. Guess I'll have to try them when we get home in April, (in Spain at the moment)

Yes its the same planar unit, the one shown looks like the "plus" version but I'm not sure if it has the brackets that match the Camos crankup base. I'd give Roadpro a call if you need to replace the Planar as they may well be similar in pricing and at least you know it will be a straight forward fit.

D.

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Resurrecting an old thread

Some of you may remember my old thread when my Camos Flat Sat gave up wile in Spain last winter.

I decide I couldn't do much until I got home, so when we got back I contacted Roadpro and Andrew Harris to see if they could source a new LNB for the Camos. While away I dismantled the Camos only to discover the whole of the planner unit, including the LNB, were full of water. Every part was wet but as the honeycomb (for want of a better description) appeared to be stainless steel there was no corrosion on that part.

As we had some great weather last winter I was able to put it out in the sun and dry it all out, except for the LNB which was full of rusty water. I guessed that was buggered. :ROFLMAO:

Andrew was very helpful and passed me to Olly who found the required part, and on receipt of it informed me as to cost (ÂŁ30) and arranged delivery.

Last week I re-assembled the unit with new LNB and it worked. I am now in the process of ensuring the unit is sealed against possible further water ingress.

So if yours has got problems consider the possibility that water has got in, although it may be repairable. I did discover the joints in the outer cover were less than perfect but cannot be sure this was where the water got in as the LNB joint was also a possible culprit.

I wish I had taken photos now but I was unsure if my repair was going to be successful.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back