Free Member
Jul 29, 2011
Calpe, Alicante, Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
We are planning to come over to the UK from late May to late July to do the obligatory tour of family and friends. Our itinerary takes in the following places and we’d be grateful for any recommendations of campsites or Caravan Club CL’s. It would be helpful if these were close to town centres or easy access to bus routes.
Portsmouth, Brighton, Eastbourne, Dover, Chelmsford, Colchester, Shrewsbury, Kinmel Bay (North wales), Snowdon area, Gloucester, Dursley, Taunton, Exmouth, Christchurch and back to Portsmouth for the ferry.
Thanks in advance :Smile:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
For Shrewsbury..I would reccomend the CC&C site at Oswestry. Its really at a village called Nesscliffe, halfway between the 2 and there are regular buses to both Oswestry and Shrewsbury !
This site is my base when I am in the UK.:thumb:

Aug 18, 2008
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since Jan 2008
Gloucester

Hi suggestion for Gloucester - Briarfields - new owners - hot showers great site - bus outside site to Gloucester or Cheltenham ever 10 mins - site is 3/4 mins off M5 Junction 11- website www.briarfields.net - we on there so know its ok - Motorhome Medics are 5 mins down the road if you need any work done or spares - good luck with your journey and wherever u stay :thumb::thumb:
Cheers x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
remember the olympics

Remember the Olympics in late July and this will effect not only travel but camp sites in the South East.. I suspect from the middle of July onwards.

There is a C&CC site on the out skirts of Brighton near Kemptown.. not to far out and there is a bus service along the front.

Bob

OP
OP
wander

wander

Free Member
Jul 29, 2011
Calpe, Alicante, Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
Remember the Olympics in late July and this will effect not only travel but camp sites in the South East.. I suspect from the middle of July onwards.

Thanks for that, yes aware of the Olympics and doing the south east first end of May/early June. Plan to be out of the country by the time the olympics start.:Smile:

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
Try The Turdor Arms Slimbridge Good Camp site Wild Foul trust 1 mile away, next to the sharpness canal 50m to a Award winning Pub.
Pm for more details:winky:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
For Shrewsbury..I would reccomend the CC&C site at Oswestry. Its really at a village called Nesscliffe, halfway between the 2 and there are regular buses to both Oswestry and Shrewsbury !
This site is my base when I am in the UK.:thumb:

I concur !!!, we go there quite a lot.
Jim

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi suggestion for Gloucester - Briarfields - new owners - hot showers great site - bus outside site to Gloucester or Cheltenham ever 10 mins - site is 3/4 mins off M5 Junction 11- website www.briarfields.net - we on there so know its ok - Motorhome Medics are 5 mins down the road if you need any work done or spares - good luck with your journey and wherever u stay :thumb::thumb:
Cheers x

June has just put this put our touring itinerary.
Jim
:Smile:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Oh - Kinmel Bay! Rumour hath it that I was conceived there ....... and the same rumour said it was when they'd been drinking rather a lot of cider!

A friend of my mum and dad's, relations had a chalet there. The rellies were significantly better off than the normal mortals; for anyone who may remember 'Anne Aston' on 'The Golden Shot' - well - it was her grandparents who owned it!

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Brighton & Eastbourne

The CC site at Sheepcote Valley is very good, about 1 mile into Brighton, buses pass very often or you can walk along the sea front if the weather is good.

You can get a bus to Eastbourne, takes you via Newhaven and close to Beachy Head, takes about an hour for the journey.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Id do my best to fit Scotland in if you want to see the beauty of the uk even if you just do the south it will be well worth it

SilverF1

Free Member
Nov 14, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
7 years and upwards
If you use this site and enter "Kinmel Bay" it will give you the details and reviews for a small site there. May be useful for other alternatives as well.

Never stayed there as I have relatives at Sandy Cove.

HTH

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Sheepcote Valley is a nice site, but it's a good walk from the site to the road, and where it is, is virtually right by the Marina. The 'site' road is OK starting off but it's uphill coming back!

They were full the last time we went and we ended up at the CC site at Worthing. 5 mins if that walk to bus into Worthing, then another bus all along t'front into Brighton - via Shoreham and Hove (actually) - very enjoyable bus ride, esp viewed from upstairs windows!

Plus, have to say the Warden said - now, did you book, because there would be a discount if you had, and winked, so I said I was positive we had .... and this was after we'd said, this looks nice, we couldn't get on Sheepcote Valley etc LOL

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Shrewsbury - there is a site caled Oxon touring park ( I think). It's near to a park and ride. Pub over the road and supermarket just outside the site.

Taunton - Try Cornish Farm. A nice site run by a Funster.

Brighton - I have stayed at the CC site once. It was ok.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back