Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Hi has anyone got a fairly new Chausson around the 23 foot size on a 2.3 lowline Fiat chassis

If so is it good bad or what please

For that matter an old one as that may tell a more realistic story

Thanks

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Ours is a Chausson Welcome 35 and 23 ft long! No Fiat underpinnings fortunately!

Can't fault it! Much better construction and design than our old Elddis.
Hot air ducting along all water pipe runs, heated wardrobe, comfy kingsize beds x2, rooflights with no draughts or rattles, effective locker catches, huge water tanks, a huge shower, a huge fridge, lots of storage, good kitchen layout, comfy belted seats and no water ingress concerns or dampness in the 2 years we have had it.
In all, fit for purpose!:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Give Wokingham motorhomes a ring, they have a couple of brand new ones that they are very keen to shift ! :thumb:

Broken Link Removed

Tell Paul I sent you.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BIGG

Free Member
Jan 26, 2012
Carmarthen
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
new to it
Hi
New to this forum but we own a 2008 Welcome 75 which we have had for 12 months been very pleased with the build quality and the engine performance(130 multijet with cruise control) ,just had habitation check and only revealed an adjustment to the fridge igniter only crit is that it has no oven just a grill a continental trait. Going for MOT next month so will keep you posted also thinking of changing it in the summer for another Chausson with a different layout so maybe we are hooked :thumb:

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Hi has anyone got a fairly new Chausson around the 23 foot size on a 2.3 lowline Fiat chassis

Thanks

=============

Yes , have the Chausson flash 08 ( see avatar). Late 2008 registered. 2.3 lowline .Fiat chassis . Just under 7 metre length

Layout works for us , high 20s MPG , cruise control , air con , plenty storage , payload reasonable, decent quality fittings and finish , comfortable to lounge around in even for 4 people , quiet while driving , good combi boiler heating , good water tank capacities ,domestic size fridge freezer and NO perceptible reverse gear judder .......

Minuses , not a lot so far really ,,,,,Apparently a typical Euro van = no oven , just a small grill built in above the fridge freezer,,,, Huge table at dinette area , bit too big when only 2 using the vehicle even when pull out section of table is slotted away .,,,, 2x skylights are on the small side . Only 1 light on ceiling , at front, really needs one at rear.

All in all , we are well pleased with the van and dont regret choosing this model. .

Last edited:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Laneside
My avatar is our Welcome 76, we had a slight judder with the Fiat side, but that was done at Preston Fiat under warrenty so all ok on that side of things now, the Fiat is a good base vehicle the new x250 6 gears, wider back axle, drives like a dream, no problems at all with the Chausson side of van, other than a broken bathroom door handle but that was the Mr's got a new one of ebay so off to Spain next week for 4 Months 3rd time down there in this van, Eem Bee motors in Bury are now our nearest dealers after Discover went. Pete :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ps the welcome 76 is 7.4 meters long, I also have just had the gross weight lifted to 3.7 to give us a bit more capacity we do tend to load up going away to Spain.

kelpbeds

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2006
I've got a 59 reg Chausson Flash 14 and really rate it. Great build quality and superb value for money. Ours in based on a Ford Transit and has pretty much got everything we need (apart from heated wardrobes like Jon's! - now that's luxury!)
Plus great fuel economy from the Ford unit.
Would wholly recommend one.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Another satisfied Chausson owner - Flash S2, registered October 2010. Air-con, cruise control and 6-speed gearbox. Bit shorter than you're looking for, at only 6m - but just right for us. Some great design features. Enjoyed almost a month in France last summer, plus lots of trips around the UK - all good, with no problems.

Would certainly buy another Chausson.

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Flash 03 here, but again it's the great Tranny (140bhp) version not the Fiat that you are asking for.

It's just short of 6.5m, so about 2 foot shorter than you mentioned.

The layout is superb. 6 birth all wrapped up in 6.5meters and has a large garage too. Of course this is also an overcab rather than a lowey

Obviously can't comment on the Fiat cab, but the Tranny is amazing. 140bhp (optional upgrade from 125) on tap is enough to pull the thing around anything that has been chucked at it so far without even having to worry about changing to a low gear. It has cruise control and a/c (I think as standard). The engine is matched to a 6 speed gearbox. The great thing is, a few people mention about cruise control on a manual, but with the 140bhp I've yet to have the cruise control struggle and turn off even when poodling along in 6th. The other great thing is the lack of road noise when driving.

As for the Hab, the quality is great, firm locking lockers, quiet and warm. Great sized bathroom including full size shower.

So, all in all, yes, I'd recommend one!

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Flash 03 here, but again it's the great Tranny (140bhp) version not the Fiat that you are asking for.

It's just short of 6.5m, so about 2 foot shorter than you mentioned.

The layout is superb. 6 birth all wrapped up in 6.5meters and has a large garage too. Of course this is also an overcab rather than a lowey

Obviously can't comment on the Fiat cab, but the Tranny is amazing. 140bhp (optional upgrade from 125) on tap is enough to pull the thing around anything that has been chucked at it so far without even having to worry about changing to a low gear. It has cruise control and a/c (I think as standard). The engine is matched to a 6 speed gearbox. The great thing is, a few people mention about cruise control on a manual, but with the 140bhp I've yet to have the cruise control struggle and turn off even when poodling along in 6th. The other great thing is the lack of road noise when driving.

As for the Hab, the quality is great, firm locking lockers, quiet and warm. Great sized bathroom including full size shower.

So, all in all, yes, I'd recommend one!

Same here !

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years

Thanks
Hi
I forgot to mention they are made in Touron sur Rhone, we stopped on a little site right in the middle of the town with the river cruise boats berthing right behind us, If your down that way it would be handy for a visit to the factory. Pete :thumb::thumb:

chausson15

Free Member
Jun 17, 2010
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
10 years
Another satisfied Chausson owner - Flash S2, registered October 2010. Air-con, cruise control and 6-speed gearbox. Bit shorter than you're looking for, at only 6m - but just right for us. Some great design features. Enjoyed almost a month in France last summer, plus lots of trips around the UK - all good, with no problems.

Would certainly buy another Chausson.

Hi Mike What are your S2 tyre pressures?

Regards John

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Mike What are your S2 tyre pressures?

Regards John

Hi John

52 psi in the front and 57 psi in the rear. Weighed it loaded then contacted Continental Tyres. If I recall, they indicated I could get away with slightly less - but believe they are about right at the mo. The suggested 80 psi on the chassis label is ridiculous. It bounced all over the place and felt unsafe when we collected it new.

How do you like your Flash S2? We're just back from a trip to the Outer Hebrides and all went well. As it happens the van suspension has got a bit noisy on seriously uneven roads or potholes, so I'm getting it checked out.

Mike

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Welcome 72, just on 7 metres, Fiat 130 base. Overall pleased with quality. Ours has an island bed, what you gain in independence about when you get up to go to the loo is lost in inefficient use of space. No oven, high level grille (too high) with a fridge style vent behind that absolutely has to be covered on windy and cold nights. Tambour type "roller" door to the washroom which works but can be fiddly. Folding shower screens which have been a nightmare when travelling - have yet to find a secure way to have them stowed.

I have been coldly critical of its poorer points but overall the layout works for us and gives us a lot of pleasure. No regrets (or should that be Je ne regrette rien?).

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back