LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Not being of the generation that automatically uses the internet for things, this year we have given it a try and saved quite a bit in the process.

Cross member on front of the Van needed replacing

Cost New £240 Plus fitting

Search on Internet
Good as new Cross member delivered to door, which OH then gave a good coat of hammerite and put oil inside
Cost £75. No cost for fitting.

We decided we needed New Michelin Agilis Camping Tyres looked around all local Tyre depots £144 each tyre a lot of ringing around £134.

Went on E Bay a set of 4 there brand new fitted £99 each
27 miles from our door so not a lot of mileage.
In the bargain we have found a gem of a Garage with a good size ramp to do Motorhome work.

We are getting quite impressed with this E bay lark.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
E bay is great ,.. done lots on it. just be mindfull that not all on the web are " nice people " .

but i agree would not be without it now:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Good as new Cross member delivered to door, which OH then gave a good coat of hammerite and put oil inside
Cost £75. No cost for fitting.

Is this not just typical !

We work our fingers to the bone day in day out, we devote our entire lives to you and what do we get in return "No cost for fitting". The sweat, the blood, the bruises, the pain and danger of lifting a huge steel fabrication. "No cost for fitting".

We man of FUN need to get together and demand equal rights. When do we have time for A Headache ? When do we ever have That Time of Month ? When was a door ever opened for us ?

I think this is a case for The Court of Human Rights.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
The web is great.

For the past 3 Xmas I have bought all my presents on line without having to step into a shop.

All delivered to work without any hassle

For someone who hates shopping, shopping centres, Oxford Street, Bluewater, etc it is fantastic. :thumb:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I am reluctant to use Ebay or should I say Paypal in the past I have had many issues with Paypal, how did you pay for the tyres?

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I am reluctant to use Ebay or should I say Paypal in the past I have had many issues with Paypal, how did you pay for the tyres?

Being slightly nervous I looked who the seller was, then looked up the garages website on the Internet and arranged to pay them with our Credit Card over the phone, although they did say we could pay when we had them fitted.

We have been really pleased with the service we received from both sellers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

"Many" ?

In the very early days I wasn't sure and closed a PP account. A bit later money went missing and it seemed someone, somehow re-opened it. PP refunded immediately.

Then a while afterwards I had to pay by PP and ever since my confidence has grown and grown. I've had 2 or 3 card cloning incidents in this time but never a second's bother with PP.

PS.....

Not quite accurate, I get terrible earache every time a bank statement arrives.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back