LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
is it true that you have to carry a Alcohol breathalyser when you driving in france..:Eeek:

Steve this is what I found and copied
Alcohol breathalyser to be mandatory in all cars

By Craig McGinty on Nov 30, 2011 in Current Affairs.(This French Life
PRESIDENT Sarkozy has supported proposals that mean all cars will have to have an alcohol breathalyser in them from early next year.

In a ceremony highlighting road safety, the president said that the provision of a breathalyser in cars will not be expensive for drivers as they cost around €2.

If car drivers are found not to have a breathalyser then they face a fine of €17, a first category offence.

This measures joins the requirement to have a warning triangle and high-visibility vest in cars on French roads

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
just a proposal at the moment nothing formalised.

Oh BTW , why bother? your always pissed any way :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
At this time a breathalyser is not required,

only a proposal at the moment and with elections coming up there it may not even make law..

:wine:

Callum

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I do not get it if you do not have one you are nicked because you do not drink?If you drink and use it and then get stopped you still do not have one as you have used it and your nicked. If you are going to drink and drive why is this going to stop you I cannot see what having one in a car will do other than make money for someone in the French government who has an INTEREST in the company that makes them

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I do not get it if you do not have one you are nicked because you do not drink?If you drink and use it and then get stopped you still do not have one as you have used it and your nicked. If you are going to drink and drive why is this going to stop you I cannot see what having one in a car will do other than make money for someone in the French government who has an INTEREST in the company that makes them

There are now on the market Digital breathalysers which are reusable but not that accurate so it seems by their reviews

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
It's quite simple

You have one in your van but never use it, whether you drink or not. In fact instead of saying 'I must not drink & drive' you say 'I must not use my breathalyser.'

BTW the same lot of proposed legislation makes illegal the use of satnavs which spot speed traps/cameras...

Fen tiger

Free Member
Jan 26, 2012
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Alcohol

My friend is adamant that she saw this on the news but I can't find the information anywhere.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
On my local forum someone has been told by their local councillor that the law has been passed----- But there's nothing anywhere else to say it has.
€2 for a pack of 2 at Norauto shops (usually found on out of town shopping mall type places) Think you can buy online, too. I'll pick up a couple and put them with the spare bulbs (had the same box in my car for at least 10 years---no idea what car/s they fit but hey, I have a spare set of bulbs) yellow jacket/s, warning triangles & Lord knows what else they'll make us carry.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I keep a 6 pack in the van handy for filling holes in:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Then there was the couple parked in a layby, a policeman knocked on the window and said "Would you mind blowing in this sir", he replied "No chance, I've only just thrown it out of the window":Blush:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Wow

This says

Use of illegal speed camera detector - €1,500 fine, 6 points

Join us or log in to post a reply.