Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
small compact from ALDI only £35.99
is this a bargain??

I gor one and think its a nice unit see how well it works in the next few weeks:thumb:

OP
OP
M
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
we use the van all year so this time of year we can find damp in cupboards
and wardrobe

a problem many full timers have
i hope to full time in my RV this year so i will get my monies worth its a lot to spend and only use for the odd weekend and a two week spell

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
we use the van all year so this time of year we can find damp in cupboards
and wardrobe

a problem many full timers have
i hope to full time in my RV this year so i will get my monies worth its a lot to spend and only use for the odd weekend and a two week spell

I fulltimed for three years in my RV .. never got damp.. even in the UK winter.. also had a fully automatic domestic washing machine that produced a fair amount of moisture

ventilating is the key.. always have the roof vents slightly open, also windows in bedroom and lounge.. when cooking I ran the cooker hood extractor fan.

Good luck with fulltiming.. when are you selling up ?

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I had a dehumidifier when I was building my boat, it was useful to keep the timber dry during construction, it removed 2>3 litres a day, I cant see quote... "Can remove up to 400ml of water from the air per day" being of much effect under real conditions.

Doug...

Deleted User
We fulltime in a single glazed 5th wheeler and even with vents open etc condensation is a problem, especially when we are in the UK as it is usually raining !! We are currently in Almeria reputedly the driest corner of Europe, the temperature has been around 6 deg for the last few nights with a heavy dew and condensation on the windows because we did not use the dehumidifier. Usually we leave the dehum. on all night and this almost completely elliminates the condensation, which we will do tonight.

Ours is a large dehum. and takes out around 2 litres on a good? night sometimes knocking off because it is full, we wouldn't travel without it. We also bought a small one a few years ago but found its capacity insufficient for a large motorhome, another thing to mention is that none of them work very well in the cold and some heating may have to be left on in freezing conditions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Yes a bargain. Was looking myself last week and cheapest I cold find was around the 50 mark

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back