Mirror Guards any comments (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
looks like they will prevent minor damage to the casing but the whole mirror will still get wiped out in a heavier collision....narrow lane, white van man.:Angry:

OP
OP
Phill D
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
looks like they will prevent minor damage to the casing but the whole mirror will still get wiped out in a heavier collision....[HI]
narrow lane, white van man.:Angry:

[/HI]

agreed ... was also thinkin that the white might make them a bit more visible to oncoming traffic???:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Look nice, but expensive......

I have seen them previously for £99...... still expensive for what they are though.

Callum.

OP
OP
Phill D
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
they were when i first looked but it was £99 + :thumb:£10 postage so same..

agreed a bit expensive which is why i was asking if anyone treied em before i buy>>:Eeek:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I have just fitted some on my Bolero, £116 including postage, easy to fit and I think that the white ones do make the mirror seem more visible, fortunately I have not had to "crash test" them yet, I do not think that they would protect the mirror in a heavy crash, but in a glancing swipe may well do better, I hope not to find out !!

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
On a slightly different note...when I was truck driving to earn a crust...I had my mirrors taken off on the nearside by a guy in a truck parked at the side of me when he pulled out of the queue at the ASDA depot at Washington...any way when we had exchanged pleasantries (insurance..names etc) I went to the local VOLVO dealership around a mile down the road(I did leave the trailer behind at the ASDA depot) and got the mirrors refitted by the nice VOLVO mechanic..total bill with labour was a whopping £485 quid plus VAT..and that was in 2004....so add a few quid more for inflation...Mind you the VOLVO truck mirror was heated and had small electric adjusting doo dahs in the casing..so it all had to be re-wired and re-fitted and a new arm fitted it took 4 hours...Oh what fun!!!

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Phill
I have just bought them, not fitted yet it was raining today so stayed in lol, they are of a good constrution, I have hit my mirror 3 times 2 to me in france on road signs, 1 to the local council his boss took his word for a 50/50 even though it was his fault not stopping on a narrow bridge to let me travel the last 10 feet :Angry:, going back to the bumps on each occasion the back was damaged but not the glass, I have repaired it in the past but I dont think it will take another hit, the Mirror Guards will cover the repair and give them strength. Pete :thumb:

OP
OP
Phill D
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
thanks for the Volvo cost info.:thumb: the x250 i have has heated bits and double electric adjustments , plus indicators so might be a good investment??:Eeek:

I also undertand they are rarely off shelf so could be a prob drivin without one or other mirror, not to mention "probably" illegal..:Angry:

Sgt411

Free Member
Feb 9, 2011
Between England & France
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
I have just fitted them to my CI Carioca and they look really professional. Mine are white and really show out to on-coming vehicles and pedestrians. A lot of money but having spoken to other buyers who have "crash tested " them they are worth every penny.

OP
OP
Phill D
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
looks like i'll give them a try.:thumb: not to a crash test level though:Eeek:
i hope!:Blush:

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
do we really need these long arm mirrors on the x250.
our previous van on a transit base was the same width with a narrower cab with really neat mirrors.
the rear visibility was just as good if you adjusted them correctly and i could even drive into the garage without folding back the mirrors.
must admit the fiat mirrors are good at holding the sliver screens in place though.

dave e

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
do we really need these long arm mirrors on the x250.
our previous van on a transit base was the same width with a narrower cab with really neat mirrors.
the rear visibility was just as good if you adjusted them correctly and i could even drive into the garage without folding back the mirrors.
must admit the fiat mirrors are good at holding the sliver screens in place though.

dave e

I saw the 'short arm' ones on fleabay just now around £90/110 each ... Not having a x250 myself I was wondering if there were 2 lengths available. The ones I saw were presumably for the commercial van. Otherwise identical. :Smile:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
looks like i'll give them a try.:thumb: not to a crash test level though:Eeek:
i hope!:Blush:

Hi Phill
I fitted mine today, good close tight fit, it's a better look than the black gaffer tape I had on after the latest bang, let's hope they stay that way lol. Pete :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Phill D
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
thanks for update Pete; clipped mirrors twice, been lucky so far ( White van man comin other way ).

so ordered a pair last night.:thumb:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
thanks for update Pete; clipped mirrors twice, been lucky so far ( White van man comin other way ).

so ordered a pair last night.:thumb:

Hi Phill
Just a little update the self adesive pads are a bit funny be careful taking the front off they may take the sticky as well, other than that they are fine. pete

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Mirror pads

I found that the pads had to be carefully peeled as well , but other than that, a doddle.!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back