Vanco tyres (1 Viewer)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I had these on my last van , a x250 fiat with overcab, the front tyres were shot in less than 8500 miles:Angry: the rears were still fine after 12000.:RollEyes:

i believe i drove normally and was certainly not guilty of doing wheelies up the M4...:ROFLMAO:

i guess others may have got a lot more miles from them, but the tyre garage said that it was a combination of :-

tyre composition to give smoother ride,
front wheel drive
and
the overcab...
hope this helps:Eeek:

Deleted User
Anyone have any comments on Continental vanco tyres. I have been thinking of these as replacements so would like to hear any views or alternative suggestions. :Smile:

Hi iandsm. I have continental four seasons tyres on my Rapido 966m. I dont know what you have on yours but check the load rating, I think vanco tyres are rated at 113-115 but the four seasons tyres originally fitted on mine are rated at 119-121, I bought one to make up a spare wheel (as rapido seem to think that a can of gum is sufficient) and it was very difficult to source taking 2 weeks delivery. The four season tyres seem to perform very well Iv'e done 18000 miles and they are not showing any sign of wear

spongy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

stagman

Deleted User
Anyone have any comments on Continental vanco tyres. I have been thinking of these as replacements so would like to hear any views or alternative suggestions. :Smile:

I have a 3ltr Fiat Ducato 3-4mm left after 15,000 mls:thumb:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I have had Vanco tyres on mine since buying it. Present 4 have covered about 20,000 miles and still plenty of tread left - probably 4mm+.
Van runs well on them. Would have the same next time, only I'm thinking of fitting winter / M&S tyres.

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
I have them on our Chausson Transit Base. 7000 miles in (from new) and they still look unworn. Noise levels are low (but then that's a biggy on the Chausson Flash anyway).

S

stagman

Deleted User
I have had Vanco tyres on mine since buying it. Present 4 have covered about 20,000 miles and still plenty of tread left - probably 4mm+.
Van runs well on them. Would have the same next time, only I'm thinking of fitting winter / M&S tyres.

Any idea what winter / m&s tyres you may fit :thumb:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Any idea what winter / m&s tyres you may fit :thumb:

Not yet - hoping I will not have to think about it for a while. Probably next year when I think the tyres will be 5 years old. I shall keep watching other people's experience in the meantime.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Standard vanco summer tyres are totally useless on anything but dry tarmac, so if you like to winter camp or use rally fields then don't buy em.

The best winter, m&s tyre in my opinion are continental vanco winter 2, absolutely wonderful, we had them on our last MH, brilliant on everything, ice, snow, mud etc and are double branded 115N. The only downside is cost, very expensive which is why on our present MH we have x2 Toyo H09 on the front and x4 Bridgestone Blizzaks on the rears, still 6 excellent winter tyres. The vanco winter 2 would have cost £1200 for the 6 we required.

Paul.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back