Taffand Dawn

Free Member
Jan 8, 2012
Hampshire/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
E350 7.3 Gulfstream Ultra
Exp
Well after removing the 2 aaa batts:Eeek: from the engine bay and replacing them with manly ones:thumb: i now have 2 to use as leisures for the wifes precious mains lamp:Doh: !! so via an inverter, is it best to wire in series or parrallel ? Am i right in thinking parrallel ?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
if 12V batteries in parallel or you will end up with 24V, if 6V then in series to give 12V
Why on earth are you using a mains lamp, change the plug an bulb to 12V (preferably LED's)

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
if 12V batteries in parallel or you will end up with 24V, if 6V then in series to give 12V
Why on earth are you using a mains lamp, change the plug an bulb to 12V (preferably LED's)

In parallel you end up with the same voltage , in series you end up with twice the voltage.

Craig

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Taffand Dawn

Taffand Dawn

Free Member
Jan 8, 2012
Hampshire/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
A pretty little normal mains lamp she likes it and its been in the van for ages I used to run it via the lighter socket and inverter oh Dawn doesnt like led,s

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
A pretty little normal mains lamp she likes it and its been in the van for ages I used to run it via the lighter socket and inverter oh Dawn doesnt like led,s

well, I can understand not liking LEDs . neither do I.. too cold and makes it feel like an operating theatre ..

why not convert the lamp to 12v ? Or buy a new 12v one... go on, you know you should.. :winky:

OP
OP
Taffand Dawn

Taffand Dawn

Free Member
Jan 8, 2012
Hampshire/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Lamps

We used to have 12v lamps that looked quite good maybe a bit old fashioned looking but made of pot and frilly shades :ROFLMAO:but havent seen any for a while do you know if they are still available then ??:thumb:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
We used to have 12v lamps that looked quite good maybe a bit old fashioned looking but made of pot and frilly shades :ROFLMAO:but havent seen any for a while do you know if they are still available then ??:thumb:

Sure I saw some on ebay the other day ... in 'motorhome spares' section :Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

hmm.. good question, frankly not recently.. well, not the old fashioned ones that every caravan used to have.. most have moved onto spot lights with either halogen or LED lamps.. or fluorescent strip lights..

all I can suggest is to try your local caravan dealer.. or have it converted by fitting a 12v lamp holder.. shouldn't be too difficult ..

Other option is to look for a halogen desk/table lamp, one that has the '230v/12v transformer in place of a 13amp plug .. cut it off and fit a 12v plug

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back