LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
With all the talk last week on how good SOG was I took the plunge. All prices seemed similar so ended up buying direct from SOGUK.

When the kit arrived I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. I didn't expect rubbish but all the plastic is serious "won't fail next week" quality.

It's a bit fiddly to fit, with some awkward screws into the roof of the toilet housing but nothing that a good mirror can't solve.

So far well pleased.

I did consider DIY, a tenner would have bought the bits, but it would never have looked so neat that way, particularly the connection to the cassette.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
That's the main reason for fitting it.

Then you must be one of those weirdos that sit there with the trap open.:Smile:

We Never use any chemicals, and don't use a sog. If we are wild camping and don't want to fill the cassette then we may well open and drop one right in. A Sog might come in handy then but. If you use it as we do...

1. Keep the valve closed = no smell
  2. place an inch or three of water into the bowl = no smell
  3. Place poo directly into water= no smell (well not with me, maybe a little with the wife)
  4. Wipe, place paper into water.
  5. Open valve for 1 second = no smell

This way we need to empty every day but we get no smells and no need for a sog or those really smelly and expensive chemicals.:Smile:

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

3. Place poo directly into water= no smell (well not with me, maybe a little with the wife)
6. Look at brown stains on bowl and clean it, then try and flush paper stuck on bowl so filling cassette.

Whereas.......

1. Open flap.
2. Scored direct hit.

No mess on bowl.

It not a bad idea to first line the bowl with some paper to stop any brown stains. ( Blocks smell if non-SOG ). Not sure if this fits SOG yet.

What fun we shall have in Marjal, endless hours spent discussing toilet technique. Live demonstrations. Power point presentations. And, surely, we can come up with "Hitler's Toilet".

Can't wait.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
groan

Maybe a tad too much information, though would add that our loo is opposite the habitation door so you could in theory have both habitation and loo doors open plus the loo window and that would eliminate any odours, thus a big saving on chemicals and exspensive gadgets...:Smile:

Is there a Caravan Club rule against this I wonder...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
6. Look at brown stains on bowl and clean it, then try and flush paper stuck on bowl so filling cassette.

Whereas.......

1. Open flap.
2. Scored direct hit.

No mess on bowl.

It not a bad idea to first line the bowl with some paper to stop any brown stains. ( Blocks smell if non-SOG ). Not sure if this fits SOG yet.

What fun we shall have in Marjal, endless hours spent discussing toilet technique. Live demonstrations. Power point presentations. And, surely, we can come up with "Hitler's Toilet".

Can't wait.

But Brian you are going to Spain where things may be somewhat different. :Eeek::Eeek:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

We demand a Blog for those of us who can't get there.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Then you must be one of those weirdos that sit there with the trap open.:Smile:

We Never use any chemicals, and don't use a sog. If we are wild camping and don't want to fill the cassette then we may well open and drop one right in. A Sog might come in handy then but. If you use it as we do...

This way we need to empty every day but we get no smells and no need for a sog or those really smelly and expensive chemicals.:Smile:

Answer me this Jim; when you drop the load, water/product into the cassette where does the air/gas that's been displaced go to?

Doug...

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
:wooo::wooo::wooo:
tmi.gif
tmi.gif
tmi.gif
:wooo::wooo::wooo:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Oh Blessed Leader (may your name be forever praised)... please park us away from any SOG owners at Marjal so we don't experience the aromas being pumped out of the offender's van into the atmosphere... (please don't give me any guff about carbon filters... no one bothers renewing them...)

SOG owners always say "there is no pong" and there isn't for them... they are blowing it out over others! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Oh Blessed Leader (may your name be forever praised)... please park us away from any SOG owners at Marjal so we don't experience the aromas being pumped out of the offender's van into the atmosphere... (please don't give me any guff about carbon filters... no one bothers renewing them...)

SOG owners always say "there is no pong" and there isn't for them... they are blowing it out over others! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Crikey. Possibly more harmful than the slightest whiff of tobacco I suspect::bigsmile:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Howie says he knew that this CO2 being the cause of global warming was a load of crap! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

kath & howie

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:Cool:
Answer me this Jim; when you drop the load, water/product into the cassette where does the air/gas that's been displaced go to?

Doug...
I assume that bit of air just sits there under my closed loo seat Doug, not offending anyone, and certainly not being blown into mine or a neighbours awning::bigsmile:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
:Cool:
I assume that bit of air just sits there under my closed loo seat Doug, not offending anyone, and certainly not being blown into mine or a neighbours awning::bigsmile:

I think you will find that a good bit of it escaped the pan into the room, you probably don't notice it as you will be used to it.

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back