Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
We are booked here for two months from end of March, so will miss rally,
We have a dome satellite which I dont think will pick up that far down, is there any facilities to pick english news etc. Also is it quite a walk to facilities, i:e spa showers, bar etc as Peters mobility is poor. We are bringing a smart car would it be feasible to use this around the site if the distances are a lot, could use the wheelchair, but I will have to push it and he refuses to use a mobility scooter. I am sure we will manage just looking forward to some sun.
regards

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
We are booked here for two months from end of March, so will miss rally,
We have a dome satellite which I dont think will pick up that far down, is there any facilities to pick english news etc. Also is it quite a walk to facilities, i:e spa showers, bar etc as Peters mobility is poor. We are bringing a smart car would it be feasible to use this around the site if the distances are a lot, could use the wheelchair, but I will have to push it and he refuses to use a mobility scooter. I am sure we will manage just looking forward to some sun.
regards

Silver dreamers.....if you can tell us where you are booked on site ..I will be able to tell you....if you do not know ..contact Marjal and ask they will tell you....if you ask them to put on "A" block.. that is the first block you come to after the the Plaza....and security gatehouse "A" then "C" then "B" "D" blocks are better for you in that order........"E" and "F" are down the bottom end.......wheelchair easy to push new tar-mac roads..and all the roads are as near level....also Marjal is wheel chair friendly, also the disabled toilet, shower, very large plenty of room with all the aids grab handles on the wall and toilet, in what I could see...the were two disabled rooms in the first men toilet block, so I assume same in the ladies and also in all the other toilet blocks on site all toilet blocks are warm could be underfloor heating....:thumb: you asked could use the smart car yes it would be possible.... as there is a car park in the plaza area but not sure if you would need to use it, only for shopping outside the camp .if you fetch a normal type coax around 20m with a male and a female connection on ( the old type analogue cable) BBC1 BBC2 ITV1 ITV 2..AND OTHER SPANISH CHANNELS. just plug in

Mel

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
facilities at marjal

Thanks for the info, we will contact Marjal, do you really mean 20m for a coax ariel thats sounds really long? about 75ft in old terms,
regards

Silver dreamers.....if you can tell us where you are booked on site ..I will be able to tell you....if you do not know ..contact Marjal and ask they will tell you....if you ask them to put on "A" block.. that is the first block you come to after the the Plaza....and security gatehouse "A" then "C" then "B" "D" blocks are better for you in that order........"E" and "F" are down the bottom end.......wheelchair easy to push new tar-mac roads..and all the roads are as near level....also Marjal is wheel chair friendly, also the disabled toilet, shower, very large plenty of room with all the aids grab handles on the wall and toilet, in what I could see...the were two disabled rooms in the first men toilet block, so I assume same in the ladies and also in all the other toilet blocks on site all toilet blocks are warm could be underfloor heating....:thumb: you asked could use the smart car yes it would be possible.... as there is a car park in the plaza area but not sure if you would need to use it, only for shopping outside the camp .if you fetch a normal type coax around 20m with a male and a female connection on ( the old type analogue cable) BBC1 BBC2 ITV1 ITV 2..AND OTHER SPANISH CHANNELS. just plug in

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
Thanks for the info, we will contact Marjal, do you really mean 20m for a coax ariel thats sounds really long? about 75ft in old terms,
regards

I went with a friend to a Chinese Bazaar in Catral. He bought a 5m length of coax. Small coachbuilt van and the cable is passed through the window until bedtime. No problems. I guess that you would be advised to try and get on the low "A" pitches as they are relatively near to the reception etc. It would be very difficult to keep using a Smart car to get to the plaza. The staff here are great. If you have any questions just ask them by email.
John

Originally from Lancashire, normally residing in Gloucestershire. At the moment resident at Marjal Costa Blanca and loving it.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
JohnH, my sources tell me you are the very man to tell me if the site "supermarket" stocks FRESH milk as opposed to the UHT (Utterly Horrid Taste) variety?

Thanks in advance...

JJ

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
JohnH, my sources tell me you are the very man to tell me if the site "supermarket" stocks FRESH milk as opposed to the UHT (Utterly Horrid Taste) variety?

Thanks in advance...

JJ

Yes, both half and full cream fresh milk plus fresh baguettes. Also, I would like to tell all the readers. My wife and I have just been to the fitness and wellness centre (pool/gym etc.). Went in both of the indoor pools. One is in lanes and is just long enough to practice for London 2012. The other pool is a hydrotherapy pool with various water jets to massage the lower back the shoulders and neck. Absolutely fabulous. Well worth visiting just for that. We met an English girl who comes from the other Marjal site just to use the spa centre. We have not been pumping iron in the gym yet. My six pack has turned into a party seven and will take some getting back into shape.
John

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We are really looking forward to using the Spa facilities and the Gym, thanks for the update on them. :thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
regards

Yes it is long....sorry I did not explain
I only said 20m because over here in the chinese hardware shops for 3 euros you can pick one up already made up with both connections on....3.90 euros 25m..... :thumb: I purchased the 20m with loads rolled up.....but the next place I go to it may be different :Eeek:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
I have been advised of the following regarding the Marjal facilities..

1). For the Gym you will need trainers and a towel.

2). For the Spa and Pool you will need flip-flops and a swimming hat.

They are not "daft rules" (I once saw the filter on a Jacuzzi being changed and it looked like a cylinder of chip-fat rolled around the floor of a Barber Shop!) and one of the really good rules is that kids aren't allowed into the Spa or Gym!!

Brisey.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009

[/B]
[/I]Brisey.

Not doubting this but-in the pictures of both the spa and pools no one is wearing hats and there's no mention of these rules on Marjal web site-praps Raimon could take note of this.

Mike

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi all, this information was passed on to me by someone who is currently at the Marjal site. Personally I don't like having to wear a swimming hat and hope the rule isn't enforced.

Brisey.

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
All users of the indoor pools must wear a swimming cap and flip flops around the pool area. If you think about it the rule, in this day and age cannot be applied to a single sex so it is easier and fairer to say ALL. The rule is enforced. Without a hat in the pool you will be asked to go and get it.
They are no great problem and have the Marjal logo on them and they are on sale for 2 euros, the flip flops are also on sale there for the same price.
John

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I can, at a push handle the hat, urgh, not rubber are they? I do have a sort of phobia about flip flops though, only the ones that have the toe post bit, which is most :Sad: Jane

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
I can, at a push handle the hat, urgh, not rubber are they? I do have a sort of phobia about flip flops though, only the ones that have the toe post bit, which is most :Sad: Jane

No they are not rubber. They are a thin nylon. The flip flops do have a toe post but you only wear them for about 50 metres to the pool and the same back. No problem.
John

CampingMarjal

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Costa Blanca, Spain
Funster No

1). For the Gym you will need trainers and a towel.

They are not "daft rules" (I once saw the filter on a Jacuzzi being changed and it looked like a cylinder of chip-fat rolled around the floor of a Barber Shop!) and one of the really good rules is that kids aren't allowed into the Spa or Gym!!

Brisey.

Yes, as Brisey says, the rules are compulsory, though you are not enforced to buy Marjal's swimming hat and flip flops. You can bring your own. for the trainers and flip flops, they have to be of exclusive use for the gym and spa.

I don´t like wearing swimming hats myself but you can buy some which are really comfortable and with quite a loose fit.

PD: I still have to try the spa:Smile:

Here, a video of the Gym & Spa:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8c3Hbl9buo[/ame]

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)