What the hell do you do all day?? (1 Viewer)

slickmouse

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
Planet Mars next 2 Uranus
Funster No
MH
Winne/DAF Coach
Hi
When full timing what do you do all day?? Become an alcoholic? Sex addict? Build model planes? End up going postal?

I will be going full time, sort off... I'm still going to work, my plan is to park up somewhere and go to work then stay in it at the night time, i will keep moving the home so as not to raise too much attention to myself, i also have a company car so it will have to go on an A frame.

I might rent a barn if i can find a cheap enough rent, then i have a sort of base, i hope to save money and certainly not spend anywhere near the ÂŁ1600 a month mentioned on here!!:Eeek:

Do you think i will succeed??? :RollEyes:

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Eeerm No

the whole idea is to escape the rat race not to Work :Doh:

Exept for maybe reading a palm or 2 or selling pegs and lucky heather

theboadacea

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Perhaps but if you are working in the same area all the time then try to find a friendly CL/CS owner or two who will let you stay 28 days at a time.

It is much nicer coming home from work to a proper base on a campsite/field and it would be much cheaper than renting a barn - probably around 50 squid a week ish.

This is what we do, we work for a while then travel for a while. Unfortunately we haven't travelled much in the last year as we are saving for a bigger van but when we get it, try stopping us!

Good luck >:)

EDIT: P.S. Welcome to the forums!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Keith and Debs

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
In Our RV
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel
Exp
3 Years
Eeerm No

the whole idea is to escape the rat race not to Work :Doh:

Exept for maybe reading a palm or 2 or selling pegs and lucky heather

Hi

That all depends on ones idea of what escaping the rat race is, we presently live full time and both of us are working..

The difference is we work because we want to, not to fuel a bloated mortgage.
If we dont like where we are working we simply move on and find something else a luxury very few of the people we work alongside can afford.

at present we are working to save for a trip to the states to buy our next RV when we have enough we will take a couple of years out. how many people living in bricks and mortar can afford that luxury..

In our opinion we have escaped the rat race because we work when we want to not because we have to..

Keith and Debs

S

Stueysheep

Deleted User
...er I build model aircraft, and fly them.... :Blush:

theboadacea

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi

That all depends on ones idea of what escaping the rat race is, we presently live full time and both of us are working..

The difference is we work because we want to, not to fuel a bloated mortgage.
If we dont like where we are working we simply move on and find something else a luxury very few of the people we work alongside can afford.

at present we are working to save for a trip to the states to buy our next RV when we have enough we will take a couple of years out. how many people living in bricks and mortar can afford that luxury..

In our opinion we have escaped the rat race because we work when we want to not because we have to..

Keith and Debs

..... thats what I meant! People with our view on life .... why wait till the pension kicks in (another 30 years or so!)

Leigh :roflmto:

S

Stueysheep

Deleted User
Working on it, got the alcoholism down pat though, cocktail hour starts at 5.04pm :ROFLMAO: the sex bit is a bit harder to pin down :ROFLMAO:

...have you tried chains, padlocks or straps? So much more civilised than pins....:ROFLMAO:

theboadacea

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
...have you tried chains, padlocks or straps? So much more civilised than pins....:ROFLMAO:

Hmmm, at the risk of going off topic, snow chains, bike padlock and luggage straps just don't do it for me. However, did once have a pair of red furry handcuffs but they weren't duel purpose for the motorhome so just had to go ... ha ha ha :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back