Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Various South American countries are banning Falkland Island ships from using their ports !
In retaliation may I suggest that...YOU STOP EATING FRAY BENTOS PIES !!!!
Corned beef hash is no longer on my menu !!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Awfully close to the Argentina border though, but whilst looking it up I came across this.....Quote

My Night Of Shame With A Fray Bentos Pie

Posted by Richard Lowe on 11 July 2009 - 12:59pm.
There are plenty of avenues of mischief open to a chap who finds himself left to his own devices on a Friday night with the FPO and offspring safely off the premises for the evening. Booze; junk TV; unsavoury internet browsing. But the one I opted for was a Fray Bentos Steak & Ale pie. With chips and frozen peas. Washed down with tea in a pint mug. I felt like Jerry in that episode of The Good Life when he’s wafting the fumes from his takeaway curry all over Margo’s sitting room (it is very much “Margo’s sitting room”)
The Fray Bentos pie is my food equivalent of really liking Gallagher & Lyle. Do other members of the Massive have any Guilty Food Pleasures?

What I want to know is.........Is JJ Also Known As Richard Lowe

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Various South American countries are banning Falkland Island ships from using their ports !
In retaliation may I suggest that...YOU STOP EATING FRAY BENTOS PIES !!!!
Corned beef hash is no longer on my menu !!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

but it's owned by Baxters, so it's Scottish company now.. :Sad:

Fray Bentos products will transfer over the next 12 months from Long Sutton in East Anglia to Baxters' production facility in Fochabers.

They are introducing a new pie filled with Haggis for Burns night celebrations .. :Cool:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Never thought much about these much publicised bloody tinned pies until they started on here.

Browsing my local Tesco Express on Poole Quay for suitable foodstuffs, I saw these pies, bloody hell the tins so small and you have to cook them in an oven as well (and of course one needs a tin opener) ) ONE POUND FORTY FIVE PENCE for one.

Took three steak puff pastry pies for £1-50 total, much better value and one can microwave them.

Peter

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Never thought much about these much publicised bloody tinned pies until they started on here.

Browsing my local Tesco Express on Poole Quay for suitable foodstuffs, I saw these pies, bloody hell the tins so small and you have to cook them in an oven as well (and of course one needs a tin opener) ) ONE POUND FORTY FIVE PENCE for one.

Took three steak puff pastry pies for £1-50 total, much better value and one can microwave them.

Peter

so it will be you using the generator to cook your pie without hook up then.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Get a life !!!

Peter

You can't beat the real thing !:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
but it's owned by Baxters, so it's Scottish company now.. :Sad:

Fray Bentos products will transfer over the next 12 months from Long Sutton in East Anglia to Baxters' production facility in Fochabers.

They are introducing a new pie filled with Haggis for Burns night celebrations .. :Cool:

Indeed? Ohooo waoooo... I really would like to taste one... I love haggis ( ...errrr.... in fact I love all food :Blush::Blush:... I am Munchie female version LOL) Would it be possible if I can't go to England in the next few months (and I hope [STRIKE]I[/STRIKE] ....we will be able to) ..; to send me one Jim?:Blush:

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Stop press

FB pies now on bog off in our local Tesco store at the moment £1.00 for two. I was almost tempted LOL

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Right...

Must answer this thread...

"Real Pies" don't keep in your motorhome for months without a freezer, Fray Bentos Pies do.

Why people keep on comparing the two types of pies is beyond me...

Try this... take your "real (posh) pie" with big chunks of meat and pastry in its wrapper and put it in your motorhome locker next to a Fray Bentos pie in its "wrapper." Leave them both there for 18 months.

Now take both out of the locker and cook as to the instructions...

I know which one I will find tastier...

Now, let's get some people really going...

If FB pies were Argentinian I would still buy and eat them. You see... I look at a map of the world... find the Malvinas Islands (or Falklands depending on where I bought the map) and after careful study I know who I think "owns" them...

...and while we are at it, we should return the Channel Islands to the French... :thumb:

So there!

JJ :Cool:

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Get off the fence JJ and say what you really mean !!

Right...

"Real Pies" don't keep in your motorhome for months without a freezer, Fray Bentos Pies do.

Try this... take your "real (posh) pie" with big chunks of meat and pastry in its wrapper and put it in your motorhome locker next to a Fray Bentos pie in its "wrapper." Leave them both there for 18 months.

If FB pies were Argentinian I would still buy and eat them. You see... I look at a map of the world... find the Malvinas Islands (or Falklands depending on where I bought the map) and after careful study I know who I think "owns" them...

...and while we are at it, we should return the Channel Islands to the French... :thumb:

So there!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH !!!!! Controversial aren't we ??? What about the Isle of Man ???? And Gibraltar ????? Bloody Hell, and me a republican !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Right...

So there!

Think you forgot something JJ:winky:

:reel::reel::reel:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH !!!!! Controversial aren't we ??? What about the Isle of Man ???? And Gibraltar ????? Bloody Hell, and me a republican !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gib and IOM can stay or go... I don't mind... IOM is quite good as a living museum that rich blokes move to...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

if we can give away Scotland I am sure we can give away a couple of islands!

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Don't think the I.O.M is ours to give away !

It's not even in the EU.

Pete:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back