Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Hi all looking into getting a pair of these radios for communicating with swmbo in the rear of the van to save shouting :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

but seriously which are the best ones to get???

im normally good with this sort of thing but there are so many around the same sort of price bracket im lost.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
You might find a conversation with these people useful. I talked to them a couple of years ago when I was thinking of getting a pair of radios, but resisted temptation in the end.
Link Removed

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Don't let the name put you off, however, the Binatone Action 950 are amazing. I use them for my Mountain Bike Holiday to talk back to the support vehicle.

Obviously the (upto) 10km range has a lot to be desired, possible but in perfect conditions, however, they do have a long range.

They have many reviews by pro-radio folk who have all rated these as fantastic bits of kit.

They work in the Welsh mountains as we trundle through on the bikes. The longest distance I've had was a few miles from the top of Long Mynd back to the support vehicle at the base and was about 3 miles away.

Great thing is, they are pretty cheap too and you can even get a 4-pack! :thumb:

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Binatone-Action-950-Range-Radio/dp/B002HXWG5K/ref=dp_cp_ob_ce_title_0[/ame]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
aba

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hmm that binatone one looks quite good though the stopwatch feature could cause arguments.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
aba

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Just tie a piece of string to her finger and hold the other end, cheaper!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

haha that could be a good idea
just mentioned it and she said how about tie the string around ...........:Eeek:

no bloomin way:ROFLMAO:

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
You shouldnt go far wrong getting Binatones, with the small pmr sets dearest doesnt mean the best and I would put these in the upper sector for performance but mid range in price. They area also readily available

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
He will get a radio and not a toy yes but they still only transmit (legally) at 500mw and will cost him a lot more. These things are not intended for long overs, so there is no point in spending a lot of money.

On the subject of AR dealers there is a vey good one not a million miles from you at Barnsley- LAM Communications who also does cb and LF PMR

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back