Feb 19, 2011
swansea
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
im a newbie
Hi

Was at the dealers practically all day to day.

I have found the motorhome I want ,wonder if you could tell me if its a good deal? I pushed for lots of extra's which I had spotted from someones post last night - thanks!

Elddis Autoquest 180 6 berth + lux pack( 6spd,large heiki/flyscreen/elec step/blown air heating/pleated cab blinds)

brand new unregistered 2011 (but dealer will reg at 2012 on march 1st)

£35900 (app this is discounted by a couple of grand)
dealer offering and extra £1000 over book price on my caravan
plus he will throw in the following :
- Fixed wind out awning (rrp £600)
- Bike rack (rrp £299)
- Dig Aerial (rrp £299)
- Class A Thatcham Alarm (rrp £499)
- Reversing colour camera (rrp £299)
- Dig 7 way TV (rrp £290)

Also comes with Full Service/Habitation Check and 12 months tax.

Please be brutal, would like to buy local for obvious reasons but also want to make sure its a good deal

What do you think?

ps. We also did a test drive and enjoyed.

Best wishes

mallymoo:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Mallymoo

Sounds ok to me with all the extras here is one from my local dealer its £35995 with no extras that i can see http://www.dumfriescaravans.com/vandetails.php?id=260211-59712

Id just double check that it is a 2011 model and not an older unregistered one. If your not sure how to tell im sure if you pm MHvirgins they will tell you the trim color in theirs which will let you know if its same year.

Personally i think its a good van for that price as i said we have the 130 on an 06 plate so new one will have better stuff in it and we are happy with ours only other concern is when he adds all these extra will you have any payload left as i think its only 535 kg well weigh your awning and bike rack then add bikes i think you might be pushing it.

Good luck

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
All the "Extras" he is throwing in are what you would fit anyway, so saved you a few quid there. Deduct that - £2290 - from what you are paying to get the cost saved over the original sale price. Sounds good to me. However, someone may know better :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

blamehofman

Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
Yes it seems a good deal but Elddis have improved the range for 2012 with larger fresh and waste tanks i.e. 90 litre for the new model but only 45 litre for the older model which was a criticism of the models , also the new models have Whale underfloor heating . A new 2012 model 145 could be had for less than what your paying but then again would you get all the fabulous extras you have negotiated .

OP
OP
M

mallymoo

Free Member
Feb 19, 2011
swansea
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
im a newbie
thanks everyone who replied. I think I am pretty much got my heart set on it now.

It seems like for ages that we have been thinking and umming and ahhing over getting a motorhome, just want it done now so we can get out there and enjoy.

More valued opinions from anyone very much welcome

best wishes

mallymoo

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
thanks everyone who replied. I think I am pretty much got my heart set on it now.

It seems like for ages that we have been thinking and umming and ahhing over getting a motorhome, just want it done now so we can get out there and enjoy.

More valued opinions from anyone very much welcome

best wishes

mallymoo
sounds like you made up your mind...:thumb:

ask for all the extras they agreed to fit to be put in writing or on the purchase order and dont accept the van until they are all fitted or it could involve many trips back for the odd item to be fitted.

not insinuating your dealer is one, but some dealers can be a little short on commitment once they have your money and could substitute items of lower value/quality or not fit at all.

OP
OP
M

mallymoo

Free Member
Feb 19, 2011
swansea
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
im a newbie
sounds like you made up your mind...:thumb:

ask for all the extras they agreed to fit to be put in writing or on the purchase order and dont accept the van until they are all fitted or it could involve many trips back for the odd item to be fitted.

not insinuating your dealer is one, but some dealers can be a little short on commitment once they have your money and could substitute items of lower value/quality or not fit at all.

I think you make a valid point. I will contact them tomorrow and ask for it in writing :thumb:

best wishes and thanks for your response

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Sounds a good deal BUT remember that Fiat and Peugeot have recently changed engines to the new Euro 5 spec, lower emmissions and better economy.
So this may be a Euro4 and getting a 2012 model would be a Euro 5.
It may not make a great difference if you are getting a deal you are happy with but just mentioned for thought. If your already prepared to wait till March then why not have a 2012 van ?? OR haggle that one down even more and take it straight away..

Ref Payload, As mentioned already. Check what the payload is now and then add up the weight of the extras, some awnings can be 30-40kg and it all deducts from your payload.

Good luck with the barter, just got my new van last week and very happy ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back