chris n geo

Free Member
May 26, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
"Since getting stuck in a country lane towing something the size of a block of flats"
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good quality fitted cover that is model specific?
More importantly, any we should avoid. We have just spent our life savings on a 2010 Swift Bolero 630pr and would like to keep it tip top.

Cheers!

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Regular cleaning/washing and a coat of good quality "Wax Polish" once or twice a year... is a safer bet.. and to pay attention to the roof parked up near tree`s..

And keep an eye on the Awning rail/Canopy seals... they come under great stress in windy weather... and periodically check all other seals for tell tale drying out and little hair line cracks... a source of water ingress.. :Sad:

In my view.. :thumb:

OP
OP
chris n geo

chris n geo

Free Member
May 26, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
"Since getting stuck in a country lane towing something the size of a block of flats"
Cheers for the advice. Trouble is we kept our current van under trees and had a nightmare getting the sap n stuff off the roof. Thought it might be better to cover it, especially this time of year:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I don't like the idea, if they flap at all they will be rubbing through the paintwork.

Probably kill yourself putting it on.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Again my personel opinion...

If you are able... build a sort of Car-Port.. better to have air flow.. :thumb:

"Avtar".... One corner of mine lives under an Athia Tree (Not the right spelling) and I clean/Wash the roof as much as the sides... it gets a lot of sap and droppings from that tree.. but I do keep on top of it...

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Ours is covered at the moment.

It fits quite snug with lots of ties on it so it's not flapping about.

Takes 2 of us about 15 minutes to get on.

We park under trees as well but only cover it if we won't be using it for a month or so , or when we can be arsed.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I've seen several m/homes that have had covers on and all had suffered damaged paint from the covers scuffing.
Mine is parked under trees all year as we live in the middle of the forest, one really good wash in the spring usually sorts it out, just pay extra attention to the gutters.:thumb:

OP
OP
chris n geo

chris n geo

Free Member
May 26, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Bit stuck for room at home, so it's in a storage place, which makes cleaning tricky anyway.

Probably just me being lazy, I'de just rather be touring than polishing:thumb:

OP
OP
chris n geo

chris n geo

Free Member
May 26, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Ours is covered at the moment.

It fits quite snug with lots of ties on it so it's not flapping about.

Takes 2 of us about 15 minutes to get on.

We park under trees as well but only cover it if we won't be using it for a month or so , or when we can be arsed.

Sounds good to me!

What make is it?:RollEyes:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
ProTec covers are thought of highly by those who use them. They are not cheap by the way.

Link Removed

Brisey.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Personally would not use any cover, have seen the result of the damage they do to paintwork too often.

Agree a good clean and waxing far better.

OP
OP
chris n geo

chris n geo

Free Member
May 26, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Just priced up a Pro tec cover, Holy s..t £570

That could buy a hell of a lot of wax:whatthe:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Wash mine twice a year and wax once not particularly hard work also you tend to spot any faults earlier if your working on the van.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Sounds good to me!

What make is it?:RollEyes:

I was scared you were going to ask that. My van is in storage so I cant tell you and cant remember. I am using the van at the weekend so I will look out for the name then.

Sounds like they arent good for the paintwork though:Sad:

steveandlisa

Free Member
Jan 2, 2012
south east
Funster No
MH
6 birth
Exp
motorhome cover

please don't use a cover i too have invested into a new motorhome but as it happened, my good and cheerful friend who knows all there is to know about the do's and the don'ts of motorhome swears you will not only be throwing your money away nut you'll end up causing more trouble ahead for your motorhome, like you i park mine on the road , however the secret is to wash it down with a bobby dazzler solution once every 6 weeks in the winter this will give your van a lovely protective wax coating and a streak free shine without you even having to polish it, PLEASE MY FRIEND LEAVE THE COVERS ALONE

OP
OP
chris n geo

chris n geo

Free Member
May 26, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
sounds like scratches and scuffs could be a problem. Watched the video on the Pro tec website, looks like a good peice of kit, if a bit pricey:thanks2:

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
sounds like a job for super chainsaw man.....always willing to help....obviously not for the tree as I would be hung drawn and eighth for the offence...chainsaw off ya roof and store it in a warm garage..next season expoxy it back on...job sorted...

eeeezy peezy...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back