Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
I own a Marquis Supplied 09 Auto Sleeper Sigma and the top door catch on the habitation door is a bit dicky. Took it to Marquis Lee Mill Nr Plymouth and they said that they would have to strip the door down and replace BOTH locks as they come in a kit @ £115 Add 3 hours labour at £60 per hour then add VAT to all this and it comes to around £350.:Doh:

Anyone had a problem with their locks and can anyone recommend a repairer close to Plymouth who may be a bit cheaper I'm only a poor pensioner and hate being ripped off:Sad:

S

stagman

Deleted User
I own a Marquis Supplied 09 Auto Sleeper Sigma and the top door catch on the habitation door is a bit dicky. Took it to Marquis Lee Mill Nr Plymouth and they said that they would have to strip the door down and replace BOTH locks as they come in a kit @ £115 Add 3 hours labour at £60 per hour then add VAT to all this and it comes to around £350.:Doh:

Anyone had a problem with their locks and can anyone recommend a repairer close to Plymouth who may be a bit cheaper I'm only a poor pensioner and hate being ripped off:Sad:

I would say yes , once you put motorhome in front of it , it's a licence to make money .:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
As dave has said.. surely if it was registered after the 10th January 2009 its still under warrenty with the manufacturer. i would try that first. email em or give them a call. then ask if they would recommend a local dealer to carry out tyhe repair:thumb:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that

Of course its a rip-off, but then we do live in RIP-OFF Britain so its to be expected.

Doug...

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Surely the dealer (if he was anything like honest and efficient) should have informed you if it was a warranty job or not?
Maybe easier to get the money up front and not have to wait for a warranty claim to be settled by Marquis.

OP
OP
geoff1947

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Warranty

warranty only lasts 2 yrs for conversion and 3 on the base vehicle I am led to believe.thanks for the posts Yes It is Rip off Britian:Eeek: will try my local garage :thumb:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
your right,,, jusy looked at website 2 years.... local garage the.:Angry:

OP
OP
geoff1947

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
I'm convinced they make parts that will break after the 2 yr point!!!! bit like my body Cracking up now I've reached 65!!:Doh:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Try going to the factory book in for a nice trip to the Cotswolds.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
slow out of the blocks tonight Doug ..

that took you all of 12 mins .. :roflmto:

Hi Jim, yes, well the Quack's told me to take easy, he said it's the only cure for "cabin fever" so I counted to 3 before posting.

Doug...

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Get the spares and go to Sennybridge to have them fitted... a brilliant, motorhome friendly garage there... especially if you like coffee and biscuits...

JJ :Cool:
i can only agree with the post above:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Ravenmad,Have you tried http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/ give them a call :winky:if not try your local mobile caravan repairs---------It will be a straight forward swap job and no way 3 hours--It has never taken me an hour to fit any lock (let alone one that has been fitted before)Try dismantling it :thumb:you never know what you may find,broken/come loose etc.You can always secure it from the inside and get out of the front doors until a fix is done
Could you imagine the price of a M/H if it took 3 hrs to fit a lock in the first place
terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi again,if you find the name/type of lock fitted cst your net further than M/H and caravan places ::bigsmile: try locksmiths, ironmongers etc
terry

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004

We had a habitation check done at Marquis, Ipswich and they had to correct a couple of things for us, they appologised because they had to charge us labour. They said if you had bought the van from us we wouldn't charge labour!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back