Scary request - any School Holiday meets ?? (1 Viewer)

Travelbug1

Free Member
Aug 12, 2010
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 yr
Yes I know its a scary request and most of you do anything you can to avoid them but as a working Mum with two young children it would be really nice to be able to attend a rally in half term or summer like the one at Wildman's last August.
I read with envy the list of meets knowing full well that we can't attend as they are either in the wk (and I work in a school so can't have term time hols) or at a wkend but they are too far for us to travel after school on a friday.

Any wkend meets we tend to do C & CC district association rallys as they are local , we also do their temporary holiday sites in the summer as well as using Britstop and very occasionally a commercial site to satisfy the childrens' need to have entertainment.

There must be some other members of Fun with primary age children that would like to go on a rally surely?

Anyone?????????:pray:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I'm glad you enjoyed the meet last year If you are up to organising another we will be pleased to accomodate you. Marquee, pool table and football game still availiable, dates to suit you.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
There must be some other members of Fun with primary age children that would like to go on a rally surely?

Yes.. we are in that position.. Charlotte is in senior school..

unfortunately most of the meets and MH Shows seem to be in school term time.. or too far to travel for a couple of nights.. (Fri and Sat)

This may be by accident or design as sites are usually cheaper during term time, but I honestly don't know..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
unfortunately most of the meets and MH Shows seem to be in school term time.. or too far to travel for a couple of nights.. (Fri and Sat)

QUOTE]
Anyone attending a rally here is welcome to extend the length of stay at rally rates so no problem Jim.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
all sites put the rates up for school holidays another ripp off i know but that all do it :cry::cry:

we do not have small children any more but know your problem very well

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Wildman;530968 QUOTE said:
Anyone attending a rally here is welcome to extend the length of stay at rally rates so no problem Jim.

Thanks Roger .. but it's not the length of the meet that is the problem.. it's because during school term we only have two nights (Fri Sat).. so travelling more than an hour or so from home isn't very practical ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Yes I know its a scary request and most of you do anything you can to avoid them but as a working Mum with two young children it would be really nice to be able to attend a rally in half term or summer like the one at Wildman's last August.
I read with envy the list of meets knowing full well that we can't attend as they are either in the wk (and I work in a school so can't have term time hols) or at a wkend but they are too far for us to travel after school on a friday.

Any wkend meets we tend to do C & CC district association rallys as they are local , we also do their temporary holiday sites in the summer as well as using Britstop and very occasionally a commercial site to satisfy the childrens' need to have entertainment.

Hi Travelbug, we are in the same boat as yourselves. :Sad:

Andrew is 3 and Billy is 8, so we are a bit restricted to travelling on Friday nights after school, so are a bit limited in range and time as to where we can attend, as we are up near Newcastle...

How about the meet at Chester over Easter, not so far from Derbyshire and right in the middle of the school hols. :thumb:
We will take the opportunity, and will be coming down to Chester from the North East, and plan to spend some time in Wales after the weekend.

Hope to meet up sometime...

Cheers, Callum...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back