lynnette

Free Member
Jan 10, 2012
Walford
Funster No
MH
don't own yet
Exp
We are looking to buy our 1st motorhome. We are presently looking at a Fleetwood Bounder 33 U , would like to know if anyone has one, pros/cons, better recommendations? Also what do you feel are the MUST haves when looking at a motorhome and what features would you skip?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Fleetwood bounder 33 if i am correct is a massive american RV:RollEyes: .. probably has everything:RollEyes:.. will carry everything>:roflmto:

just googled it in photos. :shout:

i am sure there is some opinions available:Eeek:

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Must have the abilty to drive to the end of our road without needing a fuel tanker.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
must be able to park in a reasonable space
must be ok to go shopping in
must not cost as much as a house
must not require special licence to drive or medical once 70
must not require EHU all the time
must not keep answering this question, hee hee:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We are looking to buy our 1st motorhome. We are presently looking at a Fleetwood Bounder 33 U , would like to know if anyone has one, pros/cons, better recommendations? Also what do you feel are the MUST haves when looking at a motorhome and what features would you skip?

Hi lynnette and :welcome: to the fun

That's a big beast you are looking at. Before we retired my ambition was to have something similar but when we started talking to poeple in the know we soon decided to go with something a lot smaller initially.

We now have a 7.5 M european motorhome which we can take most places at a reasonable cost.

Having said that there are many on this site and the sister site, RVOC,
that love their monster trucks and are quite happy with what we think of as the cons of motorhoming.

The answer is to look around at as many different vans and speak with as many seasoned folk as possible.

Good luck & happy hunting:thumb:

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi and welcome to the site, don't take any notice of my earlier remarks, If I was rich I'd want a big one too. Now we have established that you have loads of dosh maybe i should get to know you better:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

lynnette

Free Member
Jan 10, 2012
Walford
Funster No
MH
don't own yet
Exp
You all are too funny ! :ROFLMAO: ... we looked at smaller motor homes ( Georgetown) but the quality doesnt seem to be there... very confusing on everything right now !

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Motor homes are horses for courses, it'd be very boring if we all had the same box:Eeek:

Yank motor homes, or RVs as most refer, dispite the term RV actually covering a range of vehicles, and past times, are just a bit bigger, 34 ft's not that big in the Yank scheme of things.

We're 'RVers' frankly, by accident to start and now through choice, size, space and fun (grin) factor, mind you our tiddler is a mear 28ft, but we haven't had issues getting anywhere, well I did cause a few raised eyebrows in a Waitrose car park once:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As has been mentioned, one of FUN's sister sites is rvoc.co.uk so take a potter over as needless to say it's all (mostly) Yanks that side.

The bounder, seem a lot about but I have no personal experience but I'm sure others can give you more info:thumb:

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Just googled, very nice:thumb:

I think Roger mentioned licence, I presume you have HGV, as you need for that size (weight).

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
an RV is a great motorhome
do not be put off by the euro crowd about fuel costs
my rv runs on LPG £0.70 per ltr and returns 20mpg not bad for a full proper home from home
unlike the flimsy rattled to bits euro motorhomes

most would love to have an RV but can not afford to own one
if you can afford one go for it they keep a better resale price
are a more comfortable ride
have a propperfull size bed room (note the word ROOM ) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

more storage than you will need
a half bath if you get one like ours
make sure you get one with all the fittings solar pannel cameras alarms
leveling jacks and youl find every one asking you if they can see inside it
:thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.