Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
A recent thread highlighted the fact that the Sevel engine (Fiat/Peugeot) had a recall for inspection of bell housing bolts that were found to be loose. This prompted me to contact the main Peugeot dealer to enquire if our MH was affected and was told it wasn't. However they did tell me there was a recall because of a failure of the spare wheel carrier & to take the van in to have a new one fitted. :thumb:

When I took it in I enquired why I has not been contacted about this recall. Their answer was that as it was not a safety recall Peurgeot do not tell the owners but wait for it to come to their workshop. Therefore unless you use only main dealers for servicing you would not know about recalls.

I thought this was a bit amateurishness for a big company as my spare wheel carrier failed just after the warranted period expired and at the time I was told they would not cover under the warranty and was never told of the recall.

Sorry about the length of this post but I now come to the main point of this thread.

Should we have a list of recalls that various funsters have found out about so we can check up with the main dealers if it affects our vehicle. I would also suggest it should cover all vehicles & all recalls discovered so we can check up from time to time to ensure we can keep up to date with them if we change the base vehicle on changing MH.

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
recall

had a letter by registered post from vosa about this recall and had mine done a couple of weeks ago
knew nothing about it untill i got this recall letter
so they must be recaling them

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We didn't get a recall for the spare wheel carrier, we were only told about this when the vehicle went in for service and they said there is an outstanding recall. They hadn't thought to notify us!!!

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
had a letter by registered post from vosa about this recall and had mine done a couple of weeks ago
knew nothing about it untill i got this recall letter
so they must be recaling them

I guess that shows the dealer was giving me crap information then. :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
I had a letter about the spare wheel carrier, But unfortantly we dont have one on ours :Doh:....

louwil

Free Member
Dec 24, 2011
mansfield
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
I'm with you

I read about this recall in out & about magazine which is the monthly camping & caravaning mag.Hope this Idea take off has I have not got my MH yet and spend all my time at the moment reading everything I can about other peoples problems so a recall thread would help me and beginners a lot when buying a MH I think there are some wise old funsters out there.:winky:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
fiat sent a recall letter to me for wheel carrier on our pvc 2009 van :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun