LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Guys.. I am really sorry about that.. I think it was proly all my fault.

I was going to book a multi trip jobby just as all this kicked off.. So it was proly my fault as the powers that be will do ANYTHING to stop me saving a buck !!

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Euro Tunnel is interested in Sea France now

Euro Tunnel has said it is interested in the defunct Sea France and is looking at what the value is.

DFDS is also still sitting in the wings.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Does that mean if munchie booked his return with them he wont get back to the UK:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
I think DFDS will be the winner whatever. It's what I've thought from the start, although P&O are probably thinking it's their Birthday.

DFDS wanted the company for pennies and couldn't confirm that they would secure jobs...........now they are in a position to just purchase the ships, leaving them in exactly the same position as their bid.

Not sure why Euro Tunnel would want them, seems strange, unless they use it to force the prices up making the Tunnel more viable. That's an expensive way to do it though.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
strange bed fellows they would make

I think DFDS will be the winner whatever. It's what I've thought from the start, although P&O are probably thinking it's their Birthday.

DFDS wanted the company for pennies and couldn't confirm that they would secure jobs...........now they are in a position to just purchase the ships, leaving them in exactly the same position as their bid.

Not sure why Euro Tunnel would want them, seems strange, unless they use it to force the prices up making the Tunnel more viable. That's an expensive way to do it though.

I thought it strange, but that is the report on the BBC about Euro Tunnel.. they would then be competing against themselves.. but that may give them some control they did not have before.

As you say DFDS just want the ships cheap, but they would like that route as well, but I suspect at a cost to other operations... I hope P & O do not get them, but anything is possible. Will be interesting to see what unfolds now.

Bob:Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back