Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
A while ago we had a new member join us who if I recall was a service manager for Cummins? generators...

If he or anyone else knows the answer I would be obliged.

My RV has the Onan 4 ltr microlite located in a silly place.. i.e just behind the passenger door and if the wind is blowing from the direction of the rear of the RV the fumes come up into the RV and set everything off.

I do have a Genturi (an extension that goes on the exhaust pipe and take the fumes up over the top of the RV)... BUT CAN I... extend the original exhaust to come out of the other side of the RV? that would add about 8'6" to the run across the ... i.e horizontal ... were as now I am vertical when I add the Genturi (a Venturi devise). Is there any know issues ? loss of power? overheating? etc., and is it allowable to put say an additional silencer box in the run?

I am very aware of using the generator when i have to charge my disabled buggy so I try to limit the use and be aware of the fumes.. but it is a lot of work to fit the portable Genturi up on the RV......

Plus it would stop JIM selling tickets to the show for those that have not seen one or the set up time extension (I presume he sell's tickets..... perhaps it is a hobby of his??? who knows:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Bob:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I seriously considered taking the onboard genny out of my RV, a big very thirsty 5.5 kva Onan making some of the most expensive electricity in the world and taking up a whole locker.
Rarely used it, the Honda runs all day on a sniff of petrol so whenever we needed a genny we used the Honda

I don't know how big your onboard genny is Bob, but if you only use it to charge your chair it then with todays fuel prices it must be costing you lots. Not that this bothers you lawyers, made of money. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it is a 4 kw

It is the 4 kw Jim and it does not have a locker, but hung from a frame under the back off the chassis with a tiny door to service the front panel which is half the height of the genny. So cannot use the area really. But yes do take your point.. a 2kw Honda would do the job, have considered the prospects of buying a remote control one like Smudger uses and carry it in the car and chain it up outside .. but still on the drawing board.

The Genturi works fine, just would be nicer if the exhaust was permanent across the underside so when stopping en-route the door is open when we stop the fumes would not be blowing in. Modification come better end result. we do have to run the microwave off it.

I did ask Bob & Jane to park me up near you at Peterborough (see post) knowing how much you enjoy my generator.... Mind you I do think our Administrator Bryan has the best genny.. pumped exhaust fumes in to my RV all weekend at Lincoln a couple of years ago.. and you think I was bad....:winky: .... now he does need a genturi...

As for being a rich lawyer, still trying to find one... poor legal aid hacks are never rich.

Bob:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
found the answer

I also posted my request on the RVOC... one of our trade members ...Alex Calder came up with a couple of links for me...

One of them is a national company that have the benders.. I called them 01792 586888 and spoke to a helpful lady called Lisa.. she is based in Swansea and arranged to get back to me with a branch that could handle my RV size wise... she came back to me and located a branch in Southend on Sea in Essex that could bend angles so I can have the exhaust for the genny come out on the other side of the RV... All I need to do is call her and she books me in and they do the job while you wait. Simples.... always someone on the MHF or RVOC that has an answer or can guide you in the right direction.

Bob::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back