LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Anybody got any reccomendations for a stay along the Costa Del Sol or a little further up the coast (Towards the East)...

Whiich can take RV`s and a trailer and is fairly accesible..

Stayed all along there but not with the RV. (Hotels). looking for nice promenade walks, Marina`s cafe culture etc with level ground ..:thumb:

Thanks..

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi Mo

how about
Roquetas de Mar.

GPS: 36.7975 -2.5908
Spain, this site was due for closure, check before going at
http://www.campingroquetas.com/

good access, walks, beach, marina, local shops... we spent 3 months here.. best weather in Spain in winter.

On my Google Map http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=207590977793691629247.00045c1ab0c50bf957c9d&msa=0&ll=40.103286,-2.559814&spn=4.487013,10.656738&iwloc=00045c1c03b2d28ac8709

Cheers Jim... That is the only one we were contemplating, but heard it has gone down hill a bit over the last year or so...

How long since you stayed there..

Thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Cheers Jim... That is the only one we were contemplating, but heard it has gone down hill a bit over the last year or so...

How long since you stayed there..

Thanks.

Hi Mo ... winter 06/07 ..

they were removing the statics then and there were rumours it was due to close..

there wasn't much site entertainment, just a cafe/bar and restaurant .. most of the entertainment was organised by the Brits. Bingo , quiz nights etc. but that suited us.. we prefer quiet.

Toilets were a bit old fashioned but kept clean.. No drive over dump points or serviced pitches so you need a waste hog ... but plenty of fresh water taps on pitches.

We liked it as it was close to the beach and town .. and it had a great atmosphere mostly provide by the German and Dutch .. we kept away from Coronation street .. :roflmto:

Forgot to add, the pitches are huge and they allocate a double pitch in winter ... but typical of Spain.. no grass, and it can get dusty when the wind blows.. most long stay people cover the entire pitch with plastic .. from a local builder or garden centre

scrapjack

Free Member
Jun 22, 2011
Andover, Hants.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7/8 years
camping Amalfra

Hi. Camping Amalfra is just outside Benidorm and may be too far along for you but there are a number of large RV's sited here. Generally the pitches are of a reasonable size and the facilities are fine, water and grey water disposal for each pitch plus some UK TV. We opted for this site after being almost being attacked by a Dutchman in Camping El Raco because my dog, a very small dog I might add, did a pee on the road in the site - the receptionist told me I should know when my dog needs to go to toilet! I told him I would be going elsewhere. The reception staff here at Almafra are first class.
So....... don't go to Camping El Raco if you have a dog but give Almafra a try. There is a train and bus stop about 500 yards from the site entrance and gives easy access to Benidorm, Alicante and the like.
Regards Keith
PS. Sorry about the moany bit but just had to get it off my chest.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi Mo ... winter 06/07 ..

they were removing the statics then and there were rumours it was due to close..

there wasn't much site entertainment, just a cafe/bar and restaurant .. most of the entertainment was organised by the Brits. Bingo , quiz nights etc. but that suited us.. we prefer quiet.

Toilets were a bit old fashioned but kept clean.. No drive over dump points or serviced pitches so you need a waste hog ... but plenty of fresh water taps on pitches.

We liked it as it was close to the beach and town .. and it had a great atmosphere mostly provide by the German and Dutch .. we kept away from Coronation street .. :roflmto:

Forgot to add, the pitches are huge and they allocate a double pitch in winter ... but typical of Spain.. no grass, and it can get dusty when the wind blows.. most long stay people cover the entire pitch with plastic .. from a local builder or garden centre

Thanks Jim... Might give it a try..:thumb:

Hi. Camping Amalfra is just outside Benidorm and may be too far along for you but there are a number of large RV's sited here. Generally the pitches are of a reasonable size and the facilities are fine, water and grey water disposal for each pitch plus some UK TV. We opted for this site after being almost being attacked by a Dutchman in Camping El Raco because my dog, a very small dog I might add, did a pee on the road in the site - the receptionist told me I should know when my dog needs to go to toilet! I told him I would be going elsewhere. The reception staff here at Almafra are first class.
So....... don't go to Camping El Raco if you have a dog but give Almafra a try. There is a train and bus stop about 500 yards from the site entrance and gives easy access to Benidorm, Alicante and the like.
Regards Keith
PS. Sorry about the moany bit but just had to get it off my chest.

Thanks scrapjack... Think it`s a bit too far East as we are eventually going to the Funster`s meet at the new Marjal site..

Might pop back up to Portugal for a few weeks... undecided at the moment..

Cheers.. :thumb:

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Have a look here, located near Motril Port (Granada Province) .....

Link Removed

Regards, Bryan

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
There certainly used to be one at Almerimar - in fact it appears there were 2 but both have closed.

I don't know the site at Roquetas so dunno what state it's in but the pics on their website look lovely. Of course I know they would LOL - are there campsite reviews on eg TripAdviser? No is the answer cos i just looked.

There are others at Mojacar (which isn't flat) San Jose (which also isn't flat) and Cabo de Gata which has flat as far as the eye can see but then there's nothing there really except scenery (Sierra de Gata) and wonderful beach - and would suit us down to the ground!

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
There is a site in Albir called Capblanch. Its just across the road from the beach with long walks along the promenade. There's a good bus and rail service. There are plenty of shops cafe's and restaurants in town (the site is in town).

They do a long term rate with free WiFi on your pitch. There were rv's on site when we were there

http://www.camping-capblanch.com/

Jim
:Smile:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
This place takes RV's. .

I've been coming here for the last few years and it suits me.

Pete:Cool:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
This place takes RV's. .

I've been coming here for the last few years and it suits me.

Thanks pete..

Going to drop them a line..

Looks the sort of place we need/want..

Have you seen any rigs over 30ft with a trailer when you have been there?

Thanks mate.. :thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks pete..

Have you seen any rigs over 30ft with a trailer when you have been there?

Hiya Mo, been looking at my ACSI dvd and Camping Cabopino Marbella looks better than most in the area

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hiya Mo, been looking at my ACSI dvd and Camping Cabopino Marbella looks better than most in the area

Thanks Larry..

Just sent them an e.mail to see if they can accomodate our size... :thumb:

Scoured the net in that area and as some have said a lot of sites but with pokey plots..

When we hear back will let you know... we are thinking of pushing off up that way on the 25th or 26th.... of Jan.. :thumb:

So you will have the pleasure of our company for 7 or 8 days... :RollEyes::cry::ROFLMAO:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Thanks pete..

Have you seen any rigs over 30ft, with a trailer when you have been there?

Hi Mo.
Plenty of big stuff on here. Had an Aussie here a couple of years ago with a 30'+ RV and a trailer the same size with 2 cars and his office in it.

You have to park outside and then they open up the side gates to get you in, but I expect they will tell you that, when you contact reception.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi Mo.
Plenty of big stuff on here. Had an Aussie here a couple of years ago with a 30'+ RV and a trailer the same size with 2 cars and his office in it.

You have to park outside and then they open up the side gates to get you in, but I expect they will tell you that, when you contact reception.

Thanks Pete..

Are you there now ????

We had an e.mail back from them a few minutes ago and all they said was they were busy... but to call in and see if they could accomodate us.. :thumb:

So if you are there see you in a couple of weeks.. :winky:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks Larry..

Just sent them an e.mail to see if they can accomodate our size... :thumb:

Scoured the net in that area and as some have said a lot of sites but with pokey plots..

When we hear back will let you know... we are thinking of pushing off up that way on the 25th or 26th.... of Jan.. :thumb:

So you will have the pleasure of our company for 7 or 8 days... :RollEyes::cry::ROFLMAO:

Looks good Mo, have found another one to consider Camping Torre Del Mar which is in walking distance of Torre Del Mar , 1km from Velez Malaga and 100m to the beach. Wi fi etc.
Have a look on google earth looks well located :thumb:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Yes, I'll be here till March.

They are quite full at the moment, but it's been a Spanish holiday period and there is also a Caravan Club Hosted Rally here as well.

Hopefully it will quieten down a bit over the next couple of days.

Give me a shout a few days before you plan to arrive and I'll have a walk around to see what's available and let you know.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Yes, I'll be here till March.

They are quite full at the moment, but it's been a Spanish holiday period and there is also a Caravan Club Hosted Rally here as well.

Hopefully it will quieten down a bit over the next couple of days.

Give me a shout a few days before you plan to arrive and I'll have a walk around to see what's available and let you know.

Thankyou Pete... :thumb:

I`ll pm you the day before we leave here...

As far as I can see you are only 110 miles from us... :thumb:

Cheers mate..

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Mo another good one near Malaga , Camping Naturista,theres no laundry:ROFLMAO: but you have to be well hung whatever that is, sounds like a seven day pheasant :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Mo another good one near Malaga , Camping Naturista,theres no laundry:ROFLMAO: but you have to be well hung whatever that is, sounds like a seven day pheasant :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Judy say`s to drop her off there when we pass... :Angry::winky::ROFLMAO:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Never thought Judy would be into skinny dipping :ROFLMAO: :moon2::moon2::lipstick::censored:2:blonde2:

You'll be OK for that at Cabopino - the nearest beach, which is just west of the marina, is clothes-optional and used by lots of naturists. Nice biscuit-coloured sand, backed by extensive sand dunes makes it one of the best on the Costa del Sol in my opinion. :thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
You'll be OK for that at Cabopino - the nearest beach, which is just west of the marina, is clothes-optional and used by lots of naturists. Nice biscuit-coloured sand, backed by extensive sand dunes makes it one of the best on the Costa del Sol in my opinion. :thumb:

I think I'm a bit too far up the tooth to flash my little bits on the beach:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Don't mind lookin though :winky:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
It's true:Blush:

PS that bird in the second pic is starkers.

Attachments

• IMG_0595.jpg
    IMG_0595.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0522.jpg
    IMG_0522.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 14

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.