Fiat Parts Warranty (1 Viewer)

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Hi,

Just had to have one of my fuel pipes replaced as a small hole had been worn into it due to it rubbing against a cable,

The vehicle is still under the 3 year warranty but the Fiat dealer has said that he has been informed that the pipe is not covered under the 3rd year warranty apparently he is saying that they designate the fuel pipe as part of the hoses which are not covered ?? does that seem right ?? I know they are made of plastic but i would have thought they were more a pipe than a hose

Appreciate your suggestions

Brian

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
It is debatable, but then it should not have been rubbing against anything to cause it to wear away, especially a fuel pipe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
E

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Hi, Thanks for that, In the end they only charged me about ÂŁ60 so it didn't seem worth progressing as i probably would have had to have written confirmation from the AA chap and then the vehicle would have probably been laid up and would it have been Fiat or the motorhome manufacturer as i think the cable was part of the motorhome builders ?? etc. etc.

Anyway welcome to the site and thanks for your comments and if i am in your area and need to have something done or perhaps ever think of changing the vehicle I will certainly think of using your services ?

Brian

It is debatable, but then it should not have been rubbing against anything to cause it to wear away, especially a fuel pipe.

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
From my own experience i found very little is actualy covered by the Fiat so called 3 years warranty certainly after the first 12 months. They always seem to say ahhh thats not covered that comes under service items

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Brian, Have you thought about reporting the matter to V O S A?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

A

ALCORNH

Deleted User
Fiat Warranty Concerns

From my own experience i found very little is actualy covered by the Fiat so called 3 years warranty certainly after the first 12 months. They always seem to say ahhh thats not covered that comes under service items

All references to the Fiat 3 year warranty should read "LIMITED 3 YEAR WARRANTY"
I have just had to pay for an adjustment to the gear selector cables (at 2700 miles) because Fiat do not cover "adjustments" after 3 months or 3000 miles.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back