Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
We have a multi trip ticket with SeaFrance that still has 2 crossings left on it.

We did not get the news about them going into administration because we were in Fuertaventura at the time. Since we found out all searches on the internet seem to end around November 20, 2011.

Should we expect the company to come back in some form, will our two tickets be honoured or do we chuck them in the bin?

We are ready to book multi trip tickets with P&O if that's our only option but we are reluctant if there is a chance of them resurfacing.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
this was posted on the seafrance website on 16th nov 2011, dont know if its still current but nowt to lose by trying.

Should you need any further information, Please contact us on +44 (0) 845 458 0666 to speak to a member of staff.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I would try giving the following number a ring:

01304 828300

It is ( certainly up until Dec 20th ) the geographical number for Sea france

Might get more of a result than on that 0870 number

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We were both posting at the same time PJ :Smile:
I stopped for a slurp of tea and you got in first ! LOL !!!:thumb:

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
We have a multi trip ticket with SeaFrance that still has 2 crossings left on it.

We did not get the news about them going into administration because we were in Fuertaventura at the time. Since we found out all searches on the internet seem to end around November 20, 2011.

Should we expect the company to come back in some form, will our two tickets be honoured or do we chuck them in the bin?

We are ready to book multi trip tickets with P&O if that's our only option but we are reluctant if there is a chance of them resurfacing.

Last I read in a freebie English language paper here in France was that the Union (I assume seamans) was considering buying the company and it was going before a judge for consideration :whatthe:

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
I'm pretty sure someone posted on here somewhere that if you phone SeaFrance, they will refund any outstanding crossings.

bigmillie

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966
Found this

Link Removed

GOOGLE Translated :ROFLMAO:

AFP - 02.01.2012, 19:12 | Last updated: 02.01.2012, 19:15
© AFP 2/1/2012
Author: AFP
The government had so far been reluctant to support the resumption of the ferry company SeaFrance, SNCF subsidiary into liquidation by its own employees finally decided Monday to give a chance to cooperative project (Scop) range the CFDT.

"The government has decided to support the project Scop the best means of the state," said Minister of Ecology and Transportation, Nathalie Kosciusko-Morizet, after a meeting at the Elysee Palace, where it was decided to help the redundant workers to invest their compensation in the business.

This shift comes as the Department of Transportation had always been skeptical about the viability of the cooperative project, Ms Kosciusko-Morizet explaining until Monday morning on France Inter that this solution was "not possible".

Thierry Mariani, the Minister for Transport, he hoped a few days ago that "another buyer" would occur, referring to the offer put forward by the French Louis Dreyfus Armateurs (LDA), which plans to retain 460 full time equivalent jobs . This offer was, however, was retoquée November 16 by the commercial court.

"Today, we are left with only one project," Mariani said Monday to the press after a meeting with unions SeaFrance. "If you put money in redundancy payments to the capital of SeaFrance, the company can resume," he said.

In the morning, Nathalie Kosciusko-Morizet explained that this was to use "benefits that employees would receive in the event of termination of activities for fund Scop. These benefits could be" increased by extra-legal benefits "said Ms Kosciusko-Morizet, without specifying the amount.

Recalling that local authorities have offered to engage in the project to the tune of 12 million euros, the minister said that all the funds thus collected would "cover" the need for the creation of SCOP, or "40 to 50 million euros."

The government's offer, which was presented in the afternoon trade unions to the Department of Transportation, "through the purchase of ships by the SNCF, which then re-rent for a small fee to Scop," he told Press Didier Cappelle, secretary general of the CFDT North Sea.

The union, however, lamented that in this case, the station "would remain the owner of the ship." "There is a lock on the government's ideological seeing employees come into possession of the assets," he lamented.

The proposed workers' cooperative is the only offering in the running to take over SeaFrance, a subsidiary of SNCF, which employs 880 people on permanent contracts at Calais, and generates at least as many indirect jobs.

President Nicolas Sarkozy had met at the Elysee Palace on Monday morning the ministers concerned by the record, when it made employment a top priority of his term and that the Commercial Court of Paris on Tuesday morning to decide on the takeover offer of Scop.

Prime Minister Francois Fillon has received for its part, the head of the SNCF Guillaume Pepy mid-afternoon. "We worked with the Prime Minister on the implementation of the decisions that were announced this morning by the government," said Pepy.

"As co-employer of SeaFrance, SNCF should be encouraged to put their hands in the pocket and act upstream in the form of allowances paid to employees to avoid a challenge later," said Fouad I Barbouch, lawyer Scop, reached by AFP.

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
Just a bump to this to note that the Commercial Court hearing referred to above as "Tuesday" is today the 3rd Jan, so there may be some more information later on today.

OP
OP
bernardfeay

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
thanks to craig rogers

Many thanks to Craig Rogers. I took your advice and called Sea France. No problem getting a refund for the two outstanding crossings.

The number I used was 0845 458 0666. Worked a treat.

£150 coming back to my credit card. (off to the sales).

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Got an email from Seafrance today. Encouraging me to book my Summer Hol's

From: SeaFrance Team <reservations@seafrance.ccemails.net>
Subject: Great ideas for summer breaks in France from ABTOF
Date: 3 January 2012 12:02:20 GMT
To: MrBROWN <jim@removedSpamfun.co.uk>
Reply-To: enquiries@seafrance.fr

Read in the Times today, that Sarkosy is going to Bail Seafrance out (against European Competition law) P&O are already lining up lawyers to fight his decision. Sarkosy is petrified of more job losses and will even break the law to help. Shame our leaders are not so gung ho when it comes to saving jobs, we stick to the letter of the law and have Germans build our trains:Doh:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
That the trouble of being in Europe Jim

Got an email from Seafrance today. Encouraging me to book my Summer Hol's

From: SeaFrance Team <reservations@seafrance.ccemails.net>
Subject: Great ideas for summer breaks in France from ABTOF
Date: 3 January 2012 12:02:20 GMT
To: MrBROWN <jim@removedSpamfun.co.uk>
Reply-To: enquiries@seafrance.fr

Read in the Times today, that Sarkosy is going to Bail Seafrance out (against European Competition law) P&O are already lining up lawyers to fight his decision. Sarkosy is petrified of more job losses and will even break the law to help. Shame our leaders are not so gung ho when it comes to saving jobs, we stick to the letter of the law and have Germans build our trains:Doh:

That is the trouble of being in Europe Jim.. this is a one sided affair... we play by the rules and the others do as they like... long memories over the port blockades by the French and there government did nothing about it. The train is just one case of it. we should have never allowed it. The Europe Journal does us no favours in the UK...

Bob

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
If Sarkozy is going to help out, he'll be clever enough to grant backing funds to SNCF and help out the local authorities involved with loans so that he isn't directly putting money into SeaFrance. By the time P&O's court case comes up, SeaFrance will be working sufficiently well to re-organise into something else with different funding or will have failed and France will have footed the bill. Either way, Sarkozy keeps the jobs for now and kicks the can down the road as the Yanks say.

Edited to add:
Link Removed
I hadn't read this before I wrote the above but...
Sarkozy wants re-electing later this year
SNCF will sort of back the workers redundancy payments which will be put into the new business

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If Sarkozy is going to help out, he'll be clever enough to grant backing funds to SNCF and help out the local authorities involved with loans so that he isn't directly putting money into SeaFrance. By the time P&O's court case comes up, SeaFrance will be working sufficiently well to re-organise into something else with different funding or will have failed and France will have footed the bill. Either way, Sarkozy keeps the jobs for now and kicks the can down the road as the Yanks say.

Edited to add:
Link Removed
I hadn't read this before I wrote the above but...
Sarkozy wants re-electing later this year
SNCF will sort of back the workers redundancy payments which will be put into the new business

I've just done a bit of digging and posted it on our Newspaper "Talk Motorhomes" it seems he is planning on giving them the redundancy they would have got so the 880 employees can buy it out:Doh:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Oh what should I do .... cancel and ask for a refund for our £65 return flexi both directions crossings and sea marine donation with SeaFrance or ask for a refund now and pay double the price with PO / Eurotunnel :Doh::Doh::Doh: for non flexibility on crossings

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
They go back to court on January 9th hopefully by then there will have been a deal I think the problem is that SNCF only want to lease the boats and not give them up with the package but there is a lot of behind the scenes activity happening:thumb::thumb::thumb:Thing is tho they lost 240,000,000
Euros in 2010 and it costs alot to keep 4 ferries going 24 hours a day

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Snaps of Tea Cosy trying every little gangster type trick he can to both get re-elected and to try to out do British owned P & O

Politicians the world over are a tad iffy to say the least, but that jumped up barrow boy with Napoleonic delusions has managed to take things down to a whole new level of incompetence, underhand dealings and toading up to anyone he thinks might give him an ice lolly !

Sorry if that sounds like I am sitting on the fence a bit :ROFLMAO:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Does anyone want to take my bet that if the workers and unions take over the running it will fail.
Why because history depicts that it will because the bad apples are always left in the barrel

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Yes but, these people are now going to be using their own money so they will have to make it, personally I hope they make it. It`s good for competition:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Yes rob it would be nice if they did succeed but did i hear you take the bet:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Why not a tenner is it??????:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun