Are You A Hoarder ? (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Do you keep all sorts as it " may come in handy " ?
I am criticised by my good lady for clearing out the garage and then putting it all back :Sad:

WELL !! last night my Ford Galaxy started misfiring following a backfire :Eeek: Checked it out this morning and found that one of two HT coils was knackered :cry:
Guess what , I had a used spare in the garage that had been there since 2002 and not chucked away :Cool:

Yee haa , fixed it :thumb:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I also hoard things that mAy be useful

Only problem

When I realise that I need something that i have put away, I cannot remember where I put it:cry:And have tobuy it again:cry:

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I also hoard things that mAy be useful

Only problem

When I realise that I need something that i have put away, I cannot remember where I put it:cry:And have tobuy it again:cry:

You need a junk control system ::bigsmile:

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
Rog hoards everything possible in garage/loft/cupboards and if you leave a worktop free its not long before he tries to fill it.

I am guilty of having lots of toys in the spare bedroom for the grand children who are at our house daily. Hopefully I will manage to sell some of the ones they have outgrown asap - wish Rog would do the same but "if I get rid you can bet I will need it" ugh!! how many times do I hear this??:Doh:

Unfortunately I bought Dan a New Bike 3/4 year old but he is a big lad so I shall be putting that on e.bay too - its a fireman sam one and he has only been on it in the house three times as he catches his knees on it:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Me a hoarder
well when I was at work
I couldn't walk past a skip Without a quick peek
it used to get me in strife with a significant other

I just can't bring myself to throw any odds and ends away

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Yes I am a terrible hoarder however one of my new years resolutions is to reduce the amount of stuff I have hoarded this year to at least half

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i too am guilty as charged only thing is now we are in the motorhome i have no where to keep it all:Doh::Doh:

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
I was brought up to beleave that 'if it dont eat, keep it'. It has always worked for me[exept when I cannot remember where I stowed it]. :Doh:
PK and Rosalie

Risky R

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Delica
Exp
Hoarding is Great, I have many spare parts for a Toyota MR2 Mk1 in my loft even though I sold it a year ago, I also have most of a Mitsubishi Delica 4x4 up there too. In the garden there's a gearbox, diffs and axles and in the Garage I have many more "handy" parts! Nothing wrong with that :Eeek:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Guilty :Doh:::bigsmile: the other day there was a post about Iveco prop shafts and I said I thought I had one in the garage-after ten mins searching I found it outside at the side of the garage along side a complete exhaust, steering rack and some other bits,not to mention the bits found in the garage ::bigsmile:
I know most of what I have but sometimes it is easier to buy new than find it :ROFLMAO:
terry

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I have been to Rogers Emporium, its bloody FULL. He takes it to another level..

But,,,

I know someone who is even worse.

A certain Funster, who will read this and no doubt ring me, but will not reply on here.

Let me give you all a clue, this person has kept their late fathers glass eye.

You lot are 3rd division amateurs (unless you can prove me wrong)

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
l have 327 plastic take away containers, with ill matching lids, 2 sets of points for a Ford Consul, empty coffee jars, tins of solid paint, paint brushes whereby the handle is softer than the bristles, coins from the pre euro days, keys, imperial size taps and dies, instruction manual for a Hoover twin tub, a brush handle, and toilet seat fittings.

And you ask if l am a hoarder?

Not me!

Craig

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Oh yes..
In fact early last year woman convinced me that my work room ( I use it for electronics stuff ) would be far better if I gave her a free hand to clear it up.. She promised nothing would be thrown without my consent

All went well to start with

It was only some weeks later when I started looking for stuff for an audio interface project I had on the go ( bike related ) that I realised what a terrible mistake I had made.

Sure, it was all tidy and sure, she had not thrown stuff out.. What she HAD done was pile everything willynilly in large box's and placed them right out of reach in the loft storage area.. How the hell she did it beats me.. but of course now, no matter what I want, I cannot find it so have been HAVING to buy new stuff ( and it aint cheap ) knowing full well that exactly what I need is probably less than 20ft from my workbench :Eeek::Angry:

So yes, I am a hoarder.. and NO !!! Woman is never again going to be allowed near any of my hoards !!

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
No!!!! Aaaggghhhhhhh hoarding and clutter makes me jittery. Hate it. If it's not been used in a year, it goes--charity shop, tip, freecycle, whatever, it has to go.
Am currently staying with great friend who admits to being the world champion of hoarding (last week I managed to prise her P45 from year 2000 out of her hands and through the shredder--it had travelled to 5 different houses in 2 countries)

I've just agreed to let my house for a year so can't wait to get home and clear the grenier, my room and the laundry room (cluttered) Local Croix Rouge shop won't know what's hit it.:ROFLMAO:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Do you keep all sorts as it " may come in handy " ?
I am criticised by my good lady for clearing out the garage and then putting it all back :Sad:

WELL !! last night my Ford Galaxy started misfiring following a backfire :Eeek: Checked it out this morning and found that one of two HT coils was knackered :cry:
Guess what , I had a used spare in the garage that had been there since 2002 and not chucked away :Cool:

Yee haa , fixed it :thumb:

I have whole engine, catalytic converter, steering rack front suspension, drive shafts, coil, HT leads etc etc etc :Eeek: for my car in my garage.
Dont even ask about the garden :Eeek:

Hendrixfan

Free Member
May 4, 2010
Hastings, England
Funster No
MH
Ambulance conversion
Exp
I have a whole attic full of "just in case" stuff, but if I see a post from a Freecycler asking for something I'll let it go, after all that's a valid "just in case" use, isn't it? It doesn't have to be useful just to me.
So
... Volvo scissorjack anyone? Picure frames? Tables and chairs? Old phone chargers? Scart leads? Computer bits?
... oh yes, there's the shed too ...paddling pool? Plastic chairs? Plant pots? etc etc etc ... just ask ...:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back