Tyres (1 Viewer)

S

stagman

Deleted User
I am looking around for an alternative to the normall Camper Tyres .Fitted at the moment to my Autotrail are 225/75 R 16 CP Continental Vanco Camper , it says on the sidewall Tread 6ply Sidewall 2ply , so does this mean they are 8ply , and would any Van tyre over 8 ply be suitable . Any comments or recommendations would be much appreciated :thumb:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I am looking around for an alternative to the normall Camper Tyres .Fitted at the moment to my Autotrail are 225/75 R 16 CP Continental Vanco Camper , it says on the sidewall Tread 6ply Sidewall 2ply , so does this mean they are 8ply , and would any Van tyre over 8 ply be suitable . Any comments or recommendations would be much appreciated :thumb:

If you are like me with the need to put 80 psi in the rear tyres then this may be what you are looking for......

http://www.tyrewizard.co.uk/van-tyr...ium=ppc&utm_term=171&utm_campaign=froogle#171

But before you buy in the UK have a look at this.....

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details/michelin-agilis-camping-225-70-r15-112-q then pay to have them fitted.

Doug...

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
we have a member here I think with a tyre depot does someone remember his name?

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Thank you Paul I could not remember his name but did know people had recommended him in the past for sales and advice

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
What's Paul doing posting, thought he said earlier he was on duty for the next four days, anyway he (Paul) usually pushes his Avons but I'll leave him to extol their virtues. :Smile:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
If you are changing the tyre specification check with your insurance that you will still be covered. Some insurances can be funny. They even need informing if you change to winter tyres.

John

OP
OP
S

stagman

Deleted User
I had AV9s fitted and can not speak highly enough, although what pressure you run at will need checking.

http://www.avon-tyres.co.uk/node/3264

I take it you have these fitted to your Bessecar . What milage have you done with them , are they classed as a summer or year round tyre ,and do you know what ply they are can't see anything on the website ,also any other comments would be welcomed , Thanks:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I take it you have these fitted to your Bessecar . What milage have you done with them , are they classed as a summer or year round tyre ,and do you know what ply they are can't see anything on the website ,also any other comments would be welcomed , Thanks:thumb:

Hi, no I don't have them fitted on my Bessacar as I have only had it 8 weeks. I had them fitted on my last van which was an Adria 670sk weighing in at 4.2t. I done over 10000 miles on them and to look at they were like brand new. They performed amazingly in the snow and I never got stuck on grass with them.
I researched them extensively before buying them but can not remember what ply they were, but they were suitable for my van and the weight.
Some motorhomers like to run there tyres at very high PSI, I think from memory the AV9s take up to 85 psi, However I always ran my tyres a lot less than that.
One other thing I liked abou these tyres was the lack of road noise

There is some where and I think it must be "on the other channel" where MMM actually tested these tyres and they came up better than the camping tyres on offer.

Have a bit of a google on them and you will find them.
Oh, and before anyone starts with the "can't fit these there not camping car tyres" I aint arguing, its been done to death. :Angry:

OP
OP
S

stagman

Deleted User
Have a bit of a google on them and you will find them.
Oh, and before anyone starts with the "can't fit these there not camping car tyres" I aint arguing, its been done to death. :Angry:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that and agree they do sound ok got a few thousand left on my Continentals so I have a bit of time left before needing to buy . Max pressure on the Continentals is 69psi .So a little more reasearch and shall keep you posted , and Thanks again for the info :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back