2 ?s is there a search facility on this site? & (1 Viewer)

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
Now that I have finally got water I have also got a waste tank with water in it. Luckily I managed to work out how to empty this, pull a handle underneath the van at the rear and jump back quickly or get wet. This struck me as odd because my only other experience with a camper was a hired one where you attach a waste pipe and then it flushes into a drain (or wherever you put the pipe) should I be getting a pipe for my van how will it fit? Do I chuck a pipe up there when it is empty will it stay in? Do sites not mind people like me just pulling the handle and soaking the ground all around with waste water?
Back to first question, as there are so many threads is there an option to search for previous questions on similar topics?

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Link Removed

Search button under the banner at the top of the page. :thumb:

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello. Yes there is a search facility but I found it a bit difficult to spot at first. If you look at top left of page it's the third bar from the left = SEARCH+

As to draining water most sites will have a drive-over drain for emptying. Some have a cover that you have to lift once positioned over it, others have a grid to empty through but I still find that the more caravan-orientated sites have not caught on to this facility.
Wyn

Upvote 0

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Now that I have finally got water I have also got a waste tank with water in it. Luckily I managed to work out how to empty this, pull a handle underneath the van at the rear and jump back quickly or get wet. This struck me as odd because my only other experience with a camper was a hired one where you attach a waste pipe and then it flushes into a drain (or wherever you put the pipe) should I be getting a pipe for my van how will it fit? Do I chuck a pipe up there when it is empty will it stay in? Do sites not mind people like me just pulling the handle and soaking the ground all around with waste water?
Back to first question, as there are so many threads is there an option to search for previous questions on similar topics?

Your waste tank drain sounds a bit like mine, turn the handle and it dumps.

My current waste dump pipe is about a 2" or 2.5" pipe. My old van had 3/4 " pipe with a connector for a hose but took about a week to drain.

If there is not a motorhome service point where you can drive over the waste tank drain point and dump it directly into their waste drain I use one of these 23 litre Fiamma Jobbies

Fiamma_Roll_Tank_23_W.jpg

It has wheels so you can take it easily to the waste point.

You can also get these smaller cheaper ones;

Some sites will have waste disposal points you must use, others let you dump it in the hedgerows etc. :thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jimiol

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
Thanks again

I really should have looked before I asked, but as I proved with my previous question on how to get water I am clearly not the brightest.

Thanks for advice re the waste water everyone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as others have said...not a good idea to just dump the water where you stand.
would you like pitching up to find the ground soaking and, after a while, stinking. :whatthe:

many private sites will allow, and even encourage, dumping grey water in a hedge bottom....but ask first !

if your waste outlet valve/tap has a threaded end, then a short hose is a good idea...saves getting yer feet wet :roflmto:

remember to rinse the hose out or it too will start to stink.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back