Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
From shower to waste tank.

I have tried everything including two sets of drain clearer over night and endless boiling water down it..........

It does drain away not bot fast enough and slowly fill shower tray if you use kitchen or bathroom sink..........:Sad:

Tried to buy a plug for it but cant get a small enough one to fit the shower drain..........

Tried a wire up from tank but to scared to push hard.

Dealer workshop been great so far, new complete toilet and then new water pump not even blinking an eye.

anyway

Ideas???????

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Hi John only options are re route pipes or buy a small plunger :winky:
terry

Tried plunger but no surface in sinks or shower tray to get seal.........:cry:

Other option scary for me..........

try and get someone to do it along way but try for plug till I can do it, must find old still ironmonger to sort one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Normally its a mixture of hair and soap that builds up in the grooves of the flexypipe but on your camper model the pipes are solid plastic similar to a house. So this should not be a problem. If you have tried drain cleaner without success then I would also suggest checking the routing of the waste pipe to see if there is enough fall on it. If you can find one of the small wire drain clearer's usually sold at the cheap shops these are very effective if used from the plug end,not the outlet end.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
roll or squash a dishcloth up and use that as a plunger forcing it up and down 5/6 times :winky:edit forgot to say do it when sink/shower trays are half full
terry

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Sounds gross but what about feeding in a small flexible tube like those used for syphoning home brew and blowing as hard as you can? May just loosen the blockage?

Steve

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Drain cleaner so strong burnt my hand..........well what else would you expect:Blush::Blush::Blush:just minor bit did it........dangerous stuff.............

May be be angle at present but only slightly out...........:winky:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
It sounds like the only option is to re route or re new the pipes then :cry: on the plus side if it is the solid type pipe once you are under the van it is a nice easy jobby :winky:
terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I like the sound of Brian's jet wash ::bigsmile: remember to put an old cloth over the drain holes :ROFLMAO: I fear you will still have to reroute the pipe :winky:
terry

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Stick ramps under the appropriate wheels to see if extra fall works, if it does then you are plumbing rather than un-blocking

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Cheers all.......

TDH piccy of my baby, not the best one as taken from my phone

Attachments

• December 8th 2011 024.jpg
    December 8th 2011 024.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 58

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
It may be a trick of the camera or it may be what i was saying-----water is ever so reluctant to run up hill

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Well this has me stuffed at present, I am no DIYer and ground here drenched. Got soaked getting caravan home...............:cry::cry::cry:

nucs200

Free Member
Sep 4, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
a while now
Hi whats the layout on your tabbert, is the boiler in the cupboard next to the back of the shower if so pull the air vent/grill off directly below boiler cupboard which will give access to waste pipes also lift the floor panel over tanks for more access you should be able to tell which waste pipe is which one from sink and one from shower if you feel confident you can cut into pipe (28mm) and use rods or any thing that will act as such and work each way or try sending flexible rod up from waste tank first then buy 28mm straight joint to connect ends together again these joints are only push fit in ffb,s hope this makes sense to you.I have repaired my ffb waste pipes in the double floor which was difficult but doable hope this helps :Cool:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Hi whats the layout on your tabbert, is the boiler in the cupboard next to the back of the shower if so pull the air vent/grill off directly below boiler cupboard which will give access to waste pipes also lift the floor panel over tanks for more access you should be able to tell which waste pipe is which one from sink and one from shower if you feel confident you can cut into pipe (28mm) and use rods or any thing that will act as such and work each way or try sending flexible rod up from waste tank first then buy 28mm straight joint to connect ends together again these joints are only push fit in ffb,s hope this makes sense to you.I have repaired my ffb waste pipes in the double floor which was difficult but doable hope this helps :Cool:

It really help as my model......

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Some basic rules of plumbing. Air bubbles go up. Water runs down . Shit sticks. If its not a blockage it's a replumb. Sorry.:cry:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Cheers all.......

TDH piccy of my baby, not the best one as taken from my phone

She is lovely inside too ... a real beaut and so much space inside, and looks like she has been well cared for .. my John says also well maintained in other corners

Thank you for letting me have a peek inside :thumb::thumb:

Wishing you many happy miles in her (I say her as she is so lovely x)

Kath x

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hey John I got a pump plunger it`s like a bike pump with a plunger cup on it you run water down the drain and stick the sucker on and pump, it sucks and blows an shifts most crap , failing that it`s a re pipe:thumb:Link Removed

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hey John I got a pump plunger it`s like a bike pump with a plunger cup on it you run water down the drain and stick the sucker on and pump, it sucks and blows an shifts most crap , failing that it`s a re pipe:thumb:Link Removed

If the fall is OK and its just a blockage I have one of these plungers that you can borrow.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi John where are you now ? I know you have a ferry booked shortly,so this needs sorting quick :thumb:If we have any members nearby they maybe able to offer assistance. ::bigsmile::winky:
terry

joggerman

Free Member
Jul 21, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Since 2004
Airlock prevents draining.

I had the same problem on a "Geist Spirit 560", which I think comes from the same stable as Tabbert.
It would drain very very slowly. Nothing would shift it. Using a plunger would start it off, then it would quickly drain.

The problem I eventually found was that the clueless van builders had routed the drain pipe up over the edge of the waste tank then down into the waste tank, causing a perfect location for an airlock.

I re-routed the pipe and solved it.

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
She is lovely inside too ... a real beaut and so much space inside, and looks like she has been well cared for .. my John says also well maintained in other corners

Thank you for letting me have a peek inside :thumb::thumb:

Wishing you many happy miles in her (I say her as she is so lovely x)

Kath x

My visit cheered me up no end when you both were so positive about my baby.......

Might be asking John if he can have a look at my pipes in his pit?

Really nice to have such lovely Funster's living so nearby as well (for Wales nearby that is:winky::roflmto:)

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Come on funsters we must have some DIYer to help John in Wales ::bigsmile:-------------Workshops are closed for hols :Smile:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back