Free Member
Dec 17, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi all
New member just signed up. I have been motorhoming for 4 years now. I have a Winnebago Le Sharo that I purchased without any experience and have thus rebuilt it from scratch replacing all the American parts with English. I am presently replacing the Renault 4 speed with a 5 speed box. We (wife) have toured toured France and Spain quite extensively over the past three years have used both aires and campsites and have generally had a great time even during breakdowns, (which cost a fortune in both Spain and France). I am retired and my wife works only when she needs to. Because of the limitations of having a small engine and loving mountains I am currently in the process of buying a Smart car to tow behind on an `A` frame towbar. Any advice would be most welcome.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi all
New member just signed up. I have been motorhoming for 4 years now. I have a Winnebago Le Sharo that I purchased without any experience and have thus rebuilt it from scratch replacing all the American parts with English. I am presently replacing the Renault 4 speed with a 5 speed box. We (wife) have toured toured France and Spain quite extensively over the past three years have used both aires and campsites and have generally had a great time even during breakdowns, (which cost a fortune in both Spain and France). I am retired and my wife works only when she needs to. Because of the limitations of having a small engine and loving mountains I am currently in the process of buying a Smart car to tow behind on an `A` frame towbar. Any advice would be most welcome.

5 speed box on a Renault 4 ??....Sacrilège!!!:Eeek: Ah well , I guess you'll give it a new life , and she will be a big girl among the other cars now:Smile:

Anyway.... Bienvenue à bord ::bigsmile: (errrm I have an old caravan which would love to see a few bits to be changed..... If you bored and in France , let me know:Blush:)

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site, I hope the tin worm is not too extensive. Most le sharo's I have come across were fallling to bits. Hopefully you have found a good one (or at least it will be by the time you have finished)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I am currently in the process of buying a Smart car to tow behind on an `A` frame towbar. Any advice would be most welcome.

First advice then is search on A frames in here, especially if you like Spain.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Hi all

Make sure you do your research first....

One or two interesting "A Frame" threads on here which can help you make your mind up....

Oh and welcome.....:thumb::thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Tgrow and welcome to Fun:welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements