Greece 2022 (3 Viewers)

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
So today we have continued our drive scross Bavaria using mostly non motorway roads and through dome very picturesque landscapes. Some of the roads we hsve been on look like they have only just been completed. Immaculate surfaces brand new crash barries and new posts.
We have arrived in the oldest town in Germany, Kempten. Its documented at being 2000 years old and I will post dome pictures later today.
I said on my very first post of this thread that If I had any noteworthy information I would post it.
Well I just found this out and vonsider it noteworthy, so here goes! Did you know the Swiss do not speak Swiss. I've just been talking to a Swiss couple who I thought had a French accent and that is because they both speak French. Little did I know people of Switzerland speak either French, German or Italian and it is not uncommon for one not to understand the other because they are speaking different language's ( a bit like a Geordi and someone from Cornwall trying to have a conversation I guess!). Also, because of this language issue the goverment has to produce its written laws, codes and documented information etc., in all 3 languages too. What a palava. By the way those Bratties I cooked yesterday were very handsome.
Yes, the same for Belgium , they have 3 national languages, being Flemish, French and German and the government has to cater for that, Luxembourg has 3 too, French , German and the last one being some weird mix of both I believe.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Manheim today, very, very hot!
20220804_142354.jpg
20220804_132522.jpg
20220804_145712.jpg
20220804_134624.jpg

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Now edging closer to our final stop in Germany which is yet to be decided but somewhere around Trier me thinks. Today sees us on a tidy little stellplatz at Ockenheim. One thing we have noticed in particular with SFS is the prices they quote are out dated and it looks like they do not update the app too often and leave it to visitors to post reviews with up to date information. Almost every paid site ee have been on has increased it's prices by more than 20%. Looking forward, I think this coming winter we are going to see a big issue facing campsite owners who are already charging their customers more than they pay for electricity. I do wonder if some sites will choose to close for this winter perhaps. How much extra will people be prepaired to pay if the metered rate goes up 4 or 5 times against what it is now.???? We will just have to wait and see when the long term rates are released in a few months to find out I guess. Anyway, today is mega washday as we
found a Stellplatz with a washing machine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Today after one or two detours due to road closures we find ourselves at Zell. First stop Aldi in the large shopping complex above Zell then onto the river side camping. Much to our surprise plenty of spaces and even ones next to the river. We were prepared to find this place full as its a des res and next to a smashing little town and a very popular camping spot. We shall spend a few days here before moving down to Reil and then homeward bound.
For some reason beyond me I am unable to load pictures anymore natter how much I reduce them by! It's a bit of a mystery.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Today after one or two detours due to road closures we find ourselves at Zell. First stop Aldi in the large shopping complex above Zell then onto the river side camping. Much to our surprise plenty of spaces and even ones next to the river. We were prepared to find this place full as its a des res and next to a smashing little town and a very popular camping spot. We shall spend a few days here before moving down to Reil and then homeward bound.
For some reason beyond me I am unable to load pictures anymore natter how much I reduce them by! It's a bit of a mystery.
Do you really fancy coming home already? It’s not Christmas yet lol😇😎

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Do you really fancy coming home already? It’s not Christmas yet lol😇😎
We have had a fabulous time and everything has gone wonderfully. We have family flying in from Canada 4 days after we return so have to get home on time. This evening we are eating out in the centre of Zell and its a georgus little place. We will return tomorrow again. I have lots of pictures but unable to upload as being told the file is too big no matter how much I reduce them by. Perhaps I have reached an upload limit ????

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Phil we love Zell, and stayed there in 2016 - can’t believe it was that long ago!

I fell in love with this beauty in the Christmas shop there, but Cliff said it was:
a) too tacky, (how can a thing of such beauty be tacky?!)

b) too loud, (it played 15 Christmas tunes) and,

c) too bleedin expensive! (I think it was €275 at the time)! :crying:

1659976820250.png

Please go and say hello to it for me Phil!

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Phil we love Zell, and stayed there in 2016 - can’t believe it was that long ago!

I fell in love with this beauty in the Christmas shop there, but Cliff said it was:

View attachment 650556

Be glad too! It's in our living room had it since Christmas 2016 when I bought it a charity shop in Zell for 40 Euros. Most of the tunes are crap too.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

View attachment 650556

Tell Cliff that he was bloody well right - on all 3 counts :LOL:

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We have now moved down to Reil and will spend at least 1 night here and then push on towards Luxembourg with one more stop on the Mossell.
Zell was great. €9.0 a night without lecce and with lecce you pay €1.0 for 2 KW/H. we now know on average we use just over 4KW/H a day so that's €11.0 a night with Lecce. Reil is €17.0 a night with lecce, €12.0 a night without. The figures speak for themselves. However, the lecce at Reil is unmetered and if you have air con its a no brainer and free Wifi.
I also know of a tiny little wine place with an honesty box where you just take chilled wine from the chiller and put the money through a slot in the top of the table. I'll be checking it out a little later and will post some pics if I can still stand. I'm thinking of changing the thread title from Greece 2022 to Trolleyed in Europe 2022.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Well, you know what! It's just like I remember it from our last visit in 2020. A beautiful little wine garden tucked away in the town with an honesty box for payment (Slot in top of table, then pull draw out, holding all the money, if you need change). A large chiller holding wine and water and next to that loads of munchies. sA wonderful place to relax and enjoy some very, very good Mossell wine. Cheers me dears.

1660202456023.jpeg

1660202172795.jpeg

1660202335328.jpeg

1660202097060.jpeg

20220810_153938 (2).jpg

20220810_154637 (2).jpg

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Well, you know what! It's just like I remember it from our last visit in 2020. A beautiful little wine garden tucked away in the town with an honesty box for payment (Slot in top of table, then pull draw out, holding all the money, if you need change). A large chiller holding wine and water and next to that loads of munchies. sA wonderful place to relax and enjoy some very, very good Mossell wine. Cheers me dears.

View attachment 651434

you ar,e both looking really well - love from Gwen & Mike

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Mike the man’s a trembling wreck and will have to go into rehab when he gets back :cool:

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We are now home.
Some facts from our trip that may be of use to others.

Route: Outward Bound.
Dunkerque, Luxembourg, Basel, Switzerland, Milan, San Marino, Greece - Crete.
Return : Greece, Italy, San Marino, Slovenia, Austria, Germany, Luxembourg, Dunkerque. (via Lille).
Total trip length = 106 Days
Mileage = 4,464
Toll Fares = €228.60
Fuel Costs = €1,333,53
Camp site, Sosta/Aire fees = €972.90
Ferry Costs:
Dover Dunkerque return = £294.0
Italy - Greece - Crete - Greece - Italy = €893.70
Food, Drinks, Museums, Days out, Taxis, Busses, Trains/trams etc = € quite a lot !

From the two of us, Cheers! Safe Travels.

1660476099080.jpeg

Lesanda

Deceased RIP
Mar 29, 2019
Howden UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache.
Exp
35 years caravanning 4years in MH. 10 years sailing around Greece.
We are now home.
Some facts from our trip that may be of use to others.

Route: Outward Bound.
Dunkerque, Luxembourg, Basel, Switzerland, Milan, San Marino, Greece - Crete.
Return : Greece, Italy, San Marino, Slovenia, Austria, Germany, Luxembourg, Dunkerque. (via Lille).
Total trip length = 106 Days
Mileage = 4,464
Toll Fares = €228.60
Fuel Costs = €1,333,53
Camp site, Sosta/Aire fees = €972.90
Ferry Costs:
Dover Dunkerque return = £294.0
Italy - Greece - Crete - Greece - Italy = €893.70
Food, Drinks, Museums, Days out, Taxis, Busses, Trains/trams etc = € quite a lot !

From the two of us, Cheers! Safe Travels.

View attachment 652626
Setting off on a very similar route in a couple of weeks but no Crete, fairly quick to Greece then tour a couple of months a back a little further east over about a month. Love Greece😎😍

Jul 6, 2018
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
burstner brevio t640
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for posting your travels, thoroughly enjoyed reading. Look forward to your next trip

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Enjoyed following the trip probably to some places we won’t get too.

Thanks for posting the details and great pic’s
Phill

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Good trip Phil and Mena, well done, despite all that booze & food you look slimmer than when we met.
Or is it a very old photo?
Thanks Lenny, since we last met I have taken to daily walks and and an exercise regime that has kept my weight stable and good health. I have put some weight back on as the daily walks stopped during my trip and my alcohol and food intake increased with obvious results. I'm now back to my regime and expect to loose some weight and get back to what I was before the trip.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back