Do the Caravan Club Care.....? (1 Viewer)

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Do you think the Caravan Club have been looking in on some of FUN's recent threads.....

Just received this e-mail, as I guess most CC members will have done, apparently they want to know what we think....

please add thecaravanclub@emails.caravanclub.co.uk to your address book.

We’d like to know what you think

Dear Mr .....,

We'd love to hear what you've got to say about your stay on our sites, or pass on any hints and tips to fellow members about your towcar, caravan or motorhome.

In the New Year we'll be launching some new website pages, giving our members the opportunity to provide reviews and we'd like you to be amongst the first to get the ball rolling.

Just click the online form button below and tell us about your experience.

Anything you'd like to say about our sites or your outfits would be very helpful to us and other members so we're looking forward to reading your reviews.

Thank you in advance for your time and keep watching our website in the New Year to see your review and other exciting developments.

Kind regards
The Caravan Club

Online form
THE CARAVAN CLUB
This email is sent from the offices of The Caravan Club, a company limited by guarantee (Company Number: 00646027).

Question is, do you think they will listen to the replies?.....:RollEyes:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I also have one and will respond, if we dont they certainly can't listen :Smile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I think the clue is in the name Caravan Club and yes they care about profit not about the members

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
The questionnaire doesn't give any opportunity to review the club, only sites, cars, caravans and motorhomes. Hopeless. I wanted to talk about the booking system and the attitude of some of the wardens.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Typical, I havn't got one :RollEyes: I'm not a member

They took over a Broken Link Removedin just one day last week:Eeek:

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
Caravan Club

Yep I Got One Today & O Boy I Went To Town!
But Will They Listen?:winky:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Typical, I havn't got one :RollEyes: I'm not a member

They took over a Broken Link Removedin just one day last week:Eeek:
but thats the ONLY day they'll take any money......all the slots will be fully booked by those with no, or little, intention of arriving.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
be very careful chaps, if you want to remain a member of that organisation ..

Keep in mind what happened to me because I complained about spam mails !!!!

I was blackballed and told in a letter that I 'had complained too vociferously ( I mailed them almost daily asking them to stop sending spam,, never rude, never obnoxious .. hellova strain for me ... but in the end they said they would remove me from the membership list and gave the above reason

After that i realised what a lucky escape I had had.. Could now write a book of all the crappy things the Caravan Club has done to folk I know and how they use their position for one purpose.. to take as much money from the members as possible for as little return as possible

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Do They Care, will they listen ?

Frankly, not really bothered ..

I am a member for the sole purpose of having access to a great network of almost 3,000 CLs, the closest thing we have to the Aires and I certainly don't begrudge the annual fee of £40.. I reckon it is good value for money ..

Don't care much for club sites as I prefer a more relaxed ambience.. that said the sites are well run with facilities second to none.. many in locations of outstanding natural beauty.

The one at North Ledaig is good example.. set on the loch shore with stunning views.. we had a holiday there with the RV.. huge pitches, great access and very friendly wardens.. well worth a visit .. see map CLICK

Steveutwg

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Rushenden, Kent
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 560
Exp
25 years
CC like or detest

We just had a visit from the CC, they would like us to join the CL side. We found the inspector to be a nice person, very helpful, they can even save us a fortune on liability insurance, so not all bad, as site owners at least it gives us more campers to come and stay!

As the only CL on the isle of sheppey it's a bonus, but we don't want to be told what to do, after all it's us who have spent all this money setting the site up, when we told them the pitch price per night, they said we are far too cheap, there is a recession on you know!

In one way they could help with more campers to use the site, in another we find it a bit off putting them saying everyone who comes has to be a member of the CC, the jury is still out, not so sue the CC way is the best way!:RollEyes:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
i would not change my mind toward the CC as they do have an anti RV policy at many club sites
york roundtree park being just one of them with Hitler wardens i would join an anti caravan club group if one was set up
so NO i do not think they will give a shit what any of us think they are to big for their own good now :Doh:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
in another we find it a bit off putting them saying everyone who comes has to be a member of the CC,

Ok............
Find that really a bit odd
More than 84% of the mobile community ( as in vans and tuggers and based on THEIR figures) are NOT members so will not be able to use your site.... and you find that only a bit off putting !

Have a look to see what the C & C C has to offer, plus of course become a MFCL.. plus get listed in the Motorcarvan club tome .. plus not have the really weird situation of not having to turn folk away including Funsters :thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Haven't seen the questionnaire as our membership is in Jill's name and haven't asked here is she has received the e-mail. So, just a few general observations.

The Caravan Club is a big business and the directors would be failing their shareholders (members) if they failed to manage it other than as a big business.

Like any business the CC must take note of its shareholders (members). As mentioned the other day on another thread any member can attempt to obtain support to raise matters they wish to be changed at an AGM. If they can't get enough support then maybe they need to realise that they happen to be in a minority.

Like any business, nobody is forced to trade with the CC either as a member, employee or CL owner. If we don't like them we can go elsewhere and ignore them.

From a personal point of view I've never had any problem with any warden nor found any anti-motorhome bias.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As much as I am down on the C C ( for obvious reasons ! :winky: ) I would agree completely with all those who have said the wardens are, in general nice people.

During the 1.3 years I was a member we stayed at 3 or 4 sites and although regimented we never had one issue or complaint agin the folk actually on the sites :thumb:

Perhaps the big nobs around the boardroom table should get out there with a broom and lawnmower for a while. They may just change for the better then :thumb:

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
From a personal point of view I've never had any problem with any warden nor found any anti-motorhome bias.[/QUOTE]

Try booking a ferry with them, car and caravan alway's cheaper than a Motorhome same length or even shorter propper rob dog's :Eeek:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Try booking a ferry with them, car and caravan alway's cheaper than a Motorhome same length or even shorter propper rob dog's :Eeek:

as I understand it, the Club are only booking agents and do not set the prices.

There are occasions when an operator has a 'deal' whereby caravans go free .. so in effect it may look as if they are penalising the motorhome.. ie.. car+caravan cheaper than motorhome because the car is shorter than the mh.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
The one at North Ledaig is good example.. set on the loch shore with stunning views.. we had a holiday there with the RV.. huge pitches, great access and very friendly wardens.. well worth a visit .. see map CLICK

Jim have to agree very good site but it does not belong to CC it is a private site run under contract, no CC staff employed, hence the difference.

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
as I understand it, the Club are only booking agents and do not set the prices.

There are occasions when an operator has a 'deal' whereby caravans go free .. so in effect it may look as if they are penalising the motorhome.. ie.. car+caravan cheaper than motorhome because the car is shorter than the mh.

yes I do agree but when booked with the ferry co's direct why is it cheaper than CC that is why I for one will not renew my membership they are only in it for the cash not the membership :Eeek:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
yes I do agree[HI] but when booked with the ferry co's direct why is it cheaper than CC [/HI]that is why I for one will not renew my membership they are only in it for the cash not the membership :Eeek:

yes, I agree, shopping around and booking direct with the operator is often cheaper.. however.

For the newbie .. on his/her first trip abroad the club will organise the lot, ferry, sites and insurance .. so for some it is easier.. it was how we did it in the early years before the internet .. one phone call and it was sorted..

Of course the club must make a profit... as already explained by Graham and the publish the accounts for all to scrutinise.. whether a member or not.

At the end of the day it's a personal choice.. we all have different experiences and viewpoints on club membership.. If you don't like, then you don't join.. simple. Just as some won't pay for full membership of Fun ... that's their right, I may not agree but and I respect them for making that choice.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back