LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Ok, so I want one, I thought, the way to get one would be get one for Nikki as she has a birthday the same day as that other funster Jesus Christ himself.::bigsmile:

I can only afford the 16gb one and no point with the 3g one as I have MIFI.

The thing is I cant get her to understand why she should want one and alas need one!!!

any help would be much appreciated.

Reasons why Nikki should get an Ipad.:thumb:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
ipad

Get one because they are one fantastic bit of kit, forget a kindle, get the ipad which will act as a kindle, a full on pc, a camera, note pad, route master, diary, games console, music machine etc etc etc.:thumb:

If you`ve been a good boy Santa might bring you one.....:winky:

Go for it... you know you`re worth it...::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
IPAD stands for ( I Promise A Diamond ) well it doesn't but you could say there is one being given away in a ipad competition.:thumb:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Hi Paul

I think the ipad is a great piece of kit, as is the iphone

Only one problem, well 2 actually

1) When and as soon as they release the new generation you will find that you then want the new version. I have the ipad one but desperately want the ipad 2.

2) ipad does not support Flash

Same with phones just sold my old iphone 3gs and my old iphone 4 on ebay and purchased the iphone 4S from ebay.
but

very soon none of the tablets will support Flash, or so I am told.

Take her into PC world or Comet or Curry's and show her one.
On seeing the cute little ipads, she will definately want one.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
iPads are great.

If you have an iPhone though you won't use it for anything but phone calls once you get the iPad.

That's my experience anyway.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
very soon none of the tablets will support Flash, or so I am told.

I thought it was going the other way with Android from v2.2 onwards. From what I've read there's been a few teething problems keeping OS changes in sync with Flash versions but they seem to be managing on the whole.

Anyway, back to the plot.

Paul, you know in your heart of hearts that Nikki wants chocolates and champagne, not an iPad.

But - there is a solution for you.

Remove the cellophane from the box of chocolates carefully, turn the empty box inside out so the white side shows and then stick the cellophane over it and it will look just like an iPad. With the money you save you'll also be able to afford a small torch - so you can have Flash on it as well :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
It might not be such a good idea Paul.

I bought woman one and she never puts the damned thing.. She is obsessed with card games and Sudoku

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Now you're talking jaws Nikki has just seen that and raised a smile typed on my very small iPhone -(

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I thought it was going the other way with Android from v2.2 onwards. From what I've read there's been a few teething problems keeping OS changes in sync with Flash versions but they seem to be managing on the whole.

Adobe announced last month that they would not be continuing the development of the mobile version of Flash after v11.1, after Microsoft joined Apple in no longer supporting it on the next mobile version of Windows (BBC article).

Paul - if you do get the iPad 2, you know what you must not do for the next 6 months....Link Removed any tech. press. ::bigsmile:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Ok Paul so you really want one ........... but what does Nikki really want, she now knows what you want.:RollEyes:
If your doing xmas you are supposed to give something that will be appreciated by the person receiving the gift :Doh: if you dont you know it well end in :cry:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Nice try Maggie lol the idea is that I'm working Xmas day I come home after she has played with it for a day.. I will come home to one happy lady

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
You should have taken the plunge on November 25 (black Friday) - Apple and its approved re-sellers had a 'for one day only' reduction on all Ipad2's.
e.g. - 16Gb WifI 3G reduced from £499 to £468 with free delivery.
All other models reduced pro rata.
If you bought one from Tesco same day, same deal plus loadsa club card points as well for chunnel crossing:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Come on Paul, man up a bit mate......

just tell Nikki that's what you want for xmas and stop pussy-footing around man !!!!

:roflmto:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Nikki I was against the Ipad, John has one... touch to enlarge screen same with making the screen smaller, they have updated the Ipad 1 to virtually the same as the Ipad 2 which I now have and love it, its a bit like the microwave cant do without it lolol

With the latest update I am not aware of much diff between the Ipad 1 n 2

I can play a limited amt of flash on my Ipad 2 ...
My lovely laptop an Acer I havent touch since I had the ipad2 nor my Asus EEe 900 :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I'm getting one, harped on and on to my wife and suddenly she agreed. Then I couldn't make my mind up between the Samsung or the pad, As I've got an Itunes account already for my touch that swung it to the iPad, now I've read all the splurge about the launch of the iPad3 I'm waiting for that, I'm in no rush so I believe the 3 will be launched at a similar price and if not the 2 will be reduced to clear the stock. :RollEyes:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
iPads are great.

If you have an iPhone though you won't use it for anything but phone calls once you get the iPad.

That's my experience anyway.

Your not wrong there

Mrs t wouldn't let me use hers
So I bought a 3G 16 gig on black Friday
reduced price £468 every little helps

Have a look at their refurbished list
as apple have a thirty day exchange
May help you

Trimmed a giffgaff sim down £ 7.50 a gig
works a treat all my posting and interwebing Done on 3G since
just to try it out as we have occasion to have the phone lines stolen
It's easier than a dongle and unlocked from the apple shop
its every bit as good as my 3GS I phone
(I hasten to add nearly 3yrs old see no reason to change it)

I think you need a reason not to buy one
It was cost that stopped previously

You can get sim trimmers on eBay for £2.59 ish if you need

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Adobe announced last month that they would not be continuing the development of the mobile version of Flash after v11.1, after Microsoft joined Apple in no longer supporting it on the next mobile version of Windows (BBC article).

Paul - if you do get the iPad 2, you know what you must not do for the next 6 months....Link Removed any tech. press. ::bigsmile:

Flash?? Apple haven't supported that ever if memory serves. Not being an apple or a flash fan I couldn't possibly comment. Flash is not installed on my puter.

HTML5 is on the up now anyway :winky:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
have a look at the motorola xoom 32 gig android o/s expandable up to 64 gig,i would say better than an ipad:thumb:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Flash?? Apple haven't supported that ever if memory serves. Not being an apple or a flash fan I couldn't possibly comment.

Yes, sorry, I didn't word that right. Microsoft have dropped support and are therefore following Apple, who never offered it on their mobile platform.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back