OK how many of you have electric bikes (1 Viewer)

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
And do you use them much?

C'mon let us know your feeling on em..........

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
got rid of mine as i found reeling in the cable on the return journey a bit draining

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Bought our two at the NEC a couple of months ago. I rode mine around the Chris Green Fishing Meet site for a couple of laps.

Since then they've been in the back of the truck.

Still glad I bought them though, I don't want to put the scooter in the garage every trip and so often they'll be useful to pop to the beach or the shop.

Being folders they also fit a treat in the hold on the Yacht.
:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We bought 2 to replace our old lower wattage motor electric bikes, wouldn't be without them, even bought some rain capes, bright yellow so we look like a canary on them but who cares, we get seen ha ha.
Well worth the money as we have been many places that we wouldn't go without them, have used them on lots of cycle trails that we certainly couldn't have walked the distance and have a carrier to carry Susie in a basket on the back of mine.
WE are in Brighton at the mo and couldnt' have walked to brighton but have been there many times on the bikes.:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We are now on our second pair, sold the previous ones cos the wife can't get her leg over :RollEyes: They are very good but used toad most of this year so the bikes in garage.

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Been thinking about buying a couple of electric bikes, so could I ask what make/model anyone has and what is a realistic range between charges.
Thanks.
Paul

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Bought our two at the NEC a couple of months ago. I rode mine around the Chris Green Fishing Meet site for a couple of laps.

Since then they've been in the back of the truck.

Still glad I bought them though, I don't want to put the scooter in the garage every trip and so often they'll be useful to pop to the beach or the shop.

Being folders they also fit a treat in the hold on the Yacht.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Electric Bike, Scooter, Motorhome and Yacht? You don't do much walking then?????????

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We bought two AS Bikes folders (24v model) last year at Cheshire Show. Haven't used them as much as we would have liked due to Middlesbrough being bike unfriendly but hope to use them more with the van from next year.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
Yes we had two full size leci bikes but sold them, now have two folding leci,s to go under the bed not used these a lot yet but will be taking them to Spain in Feb so will get plenty of use then. Pete :thumb::thumb:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
We've had 2 from AS bikes for about 18 months now, can fold them and get them in the rear lounge on our Autoquest 120. I have a walking disability and they are great for getting about on. :thumb:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Top Tip

We have had two elecy bikes for 3 years and very good they are
BUT !! before you buy check out the cost of a replacement battery

Mine failed and at £320.00 yes £320.00 !! it,s way too expensive

AS Bikes seem to be good value at Approx £150.00 for a replacement

Or you could check out a Hilldweller conversion kit :thumb:

Happy Summer Biking Daze Ahead
Chrisboyo

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Have 2 x Batribike folders, one bought through the bike to work scheme the second (impressed with first and service) at Lincoln Show.

Brilliant pieces of kit :thumb::thumb::thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Does that mean they dissolve in the wet?
Wot u Got?

Two cheap 'n' cheerful off ebay, not available now.

There are some seriously nice ones now but think in terms of £1K+.

Or you but at a show for £650 and be in at the cheap 'n' cheerful end.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Me and woman has had ours a couple of years now.. Clocked up some fairly serious mileages on them too :thumb:

Des n Donna has one ( for Donna ) too

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Had electric bikes now for 9 years, both had the excellent Giant La Free for 6 years Ed did well over 3,ooo miles on his.
Three years ago we changed as electric bikes have improved so much over the years.

We upgraded them for two newer full size electric bikes which we have now had for 3 years, use them all the time we cycle on cycle tracks, main roads, in fact anywhere, have seen things we would never have seen without them, even rode the the Trevi Fountain in Rome on them, that was a one off though. Rode them for miles on empty roads in Morocco, in fact they are just part and parcel of the Motorhome for us and give us a extra freedom.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hiya Carol
You know the area, I have a mobility problem and Lin and I can get onto the cycle path at CQ docks and ride all the way into Chester and back one one charge (18 miles) we go down the river one way and back the Blacon railway the other (or vice versa) I've lived over here for 40 years now after moving from West Kirby and these bikes have given me the opportunity to see local scenery that I would never have seen before. :thumb:

artemis

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Electric bikes

I have a Giant Lafree and after two hip and a knee replacement still ride it. My husband is a keen cyclist and it does give me the opportunityy to go out with him on his shorter rides. it is also useful for popping to the supermarket. In fact for me it is a lot easier than walking. The only problem I have is when stopping. The bike is heavy and sometimes due to a weakness in my legs has fallen over taking me with it.
I would not like to be without it.
Elizabeth
:Smile:

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
I purchased 2 Alien conversion kits 2yeas ago installed them on our existing bicycles and use them extensively when out in MH and for every day use.
Would not be without them.

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Two cheap 'n' cheerful off ebay, not available now.

There are some seriously nice ones now but think in terms of £1K+.

Or you but at a show for £650 and be in at the cheap 'n' cheerful end.

I was waiting for a VN800 with electric start:winky:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Just bought 2 Giant Twist bikes.Carolyn has the 2011 model with front wheel drive (she got £200 off as it was 'end of line' ) I tried to get the same model (man's version) but failed and,so, have had to make do with the 2012 model which has rear wheel drive.:thumb:
It's rained most days since we got them,so not been out on them yet.

Mike.

Now we have our M/B's to get rid of and my Trek 1.2 road bike.

Last edited:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
A bike called Sparky !

I sold my Trek on E Bay, got £180 for it and bought a Pro Motion leccy bike at the Shropshire MH show. It's now with me in Spain and next month it will be in Portugal ! Great piece of kit ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hiya Carol
You know the area, I have a mobility problem and Lin and I can get onto the cycle path at CQ docks and ride all the way into Chester and back one one charge (18 miles) we go down the river one way and back the Blacon railway the other (or vice versa) I've lived over here for 40 years now after moving from West Kirby and these bikes have given me the opportunity to see local scenery that I would never have seen before. :thumb:

Hi Gooney, yes one of our regular rides and right on the door step, going along not long ago we saw the bore coming down the river, amazing, also seen the A380 air bus barge going for the wings, and the Berluga flying over and landing, always something to see on that ride.

Another good ride is to park up at Prestatyn pay a £1 at the hotel by the car park on the sea and you can park all day, then ride along to Rhyl you can go on for miles a really good ride. Another thought the Haven Holiday Site Prestatyn £7 a night with electric quite often, you are right on the cycle path there and really good rides. We can't complain with the cycle rides we do well locally.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back