Dedicated Sports Forum needed ??? (1 Viewer)

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Here on Fun there are forums dedicated to all and sundry..... there are even some relating to Motor Home activities !! However, where do the sports enthusiasts both active and the armchair types (like me) go to vent their spleen or just exchange views about ....sporty stuff. Can we have, or do we want/need a Sports dedicated forum, with sub-forums included ? What do you think ?

Regards, Bryan

PS: Maybe it is hidden away some place already !

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If I want to exchange serious points about sport rather than just a bit of banter, I log on to a different forum...:winky:

IMO, our Fun site should be kept to motorhome related stuff (both technical and social) and Fray Bentos Pies...

JJ :Cool:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Sports:roflmto:

do you mean like the FB pie rolling competition that gets quite competative with the funsters
or
FB frizbee, putt shot, long throw.

JJ will be pleased with all these FB competitions :Blush::Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If I want to exchange serious points about sport rather than just a bit of banter, I log on to a different forum...:winky:

IMO, our Fun site should be kept to motorhome related stuff (both technical and social) and Fray Bentos Pies...

Sound like a good idea, I've been asked before, and if it keeps JJ here then it has to be a good thing:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
do we want/need a Sports dedicated forum, with sub-forums included ? What do you think ?

Jim is selling advertising and subscriptions to a motorhome forum. What are those with the cash going to say if all they see is sport.

There is an old saying for this "pissing in the soup".

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Did it on the BIRD forum ages ago and it seems to work well .. An awfull lot of folk, male and female, have absolutely NO interest in sport at all..

While your at it Jim, make a daughter forum in the belly locker for Daily Mail links :thumb: :winky:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim is selling advertising and subscriptions to a motorhome forum. What are those with the cash going to say if all they see is sport.

There is an old saying for this "pissing in the soup".

You could be right Brian. We do get quite a bit of sport stuff, maybe a dedicated area will mean that those not interested will see less of it. Or would it generate more:Doh: I'll give it some thought:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
As Fray Bentos pies obviously form the mainstay of any athlete's healthy diet surely no other forum is needed is it? :roflmto:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am not interested in DM based posts about immigration or benefits cheats and would love these items to have their own area so it would be even easier to avoid them... As it is I don't find it difficult to avoid them even now.

Can't all Funsters manage to click on the items they are interested in?

No need to quit the forum...

JJ

Sport, usually means football. So, I would go elsewhere.

Craig

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
If it aint there, you can't find it.........if it is there, you CAN ignore it, more diversity equals more members, which is better for all of us.::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

True, but people arent going to be on this site unless they have a motorhome. The sponsors want to see bodies on the site and will not be interested too much in what they are discussing.

If they were, they would have pulled the plug already::bigsmile:

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
I am not interested in DM based posts about immigration or benefits cheats and would love these items to have their own area so it would be even easier to avoid them... As it is I don't find it difficult to avoid them even now.

JJ

I read it another way, as in click off to another thread like I already do with DM threads.
Being a non sporty football type person I am all for a separate area that I can ignore.

Nick

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I thought THE U SHAPED LOUNGE was for such items ::bigsmile: perhaps we could have SPORTS- THE U SHAPED LOUNGE :Doh:
terry

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Or may be just a "season sport" thread? When it is Football world cup, when it is Rugby tournament, when it is Tour de France, or whatever it can be , Olympic games even....

It worked very well with the Rugby lately.

And if there are 2 main sports at the same time , we can see both of them on the front page in the U shaped lounge .

I think if there is a special forum then all sports will be mixed up and we won't have the main one on the front page.

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
You know there are things that, without any real reason, gets your goat and winds you up ?
There are some adverts like it, there are folk like it.. hell, there are even cars like it I expect...
Well football is my knife to the brain subject
I not only dislike it, I absolutely loath it to the point of it being an unhealthy obsession

I appreciate there are a good many fans out there ( and not wishing to alienate myself too much I shall not go into detail ) but to me they are little better than god botherers, insisting that one and all should benefit from the 'game' as much as they do.

I certainly would not spit a dummy out over folk posting their footy diatribe, same as the constant DM posts as I can simply ignore them, but wouldn't it be nice for all the like minded ( perhaps weak minded :Blush::winky:) followers of footy fashion had their own wee section where they can bore the hell out of each other and not the rest of the prols ?

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Apart from Rugby World Cups and the like, sporting posts are few and far between usually involving, seemingly, the only two teams who play football in the world. Judging from the near vitriolic reply I got from my last footie post it's just as well if sports posts are hidden away for members to find or not as they wish. :winky:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
You know there are things that, without any real reason, gets your goat and winds you up ?
There are some adverts like it, there are folk like it.. hell, there are even cars like it I expect...
I not only dislike it, I absolutely loath it to the point of it being an unhealthy obsession

I appreciate there are a good many fans out there ( and not wishing to alienate myself too much I shall not go into detail ) but to me they are little better than god botherers, insisting that one and all should benefit from the 'game' as much as they do.

I certainly would not spit a dummy out over folk posting their footy diatribe, same as the constant DM posts as I can simply ignore them, but wouldn't it be nice for all the like minded ( perhaps weak minded :Blush::winky:) followers of footy fashion had their own wee section where they can bore the hell out of each other and not the rest of the prols ?

Stop sitting on the fence and say what you mean.:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010

Absolutely the point !!....but of course the OP suggests a SPORTS forum not football, and who knows there may be synchronised swimmers out there with a point to make, or widdly twinkers....room for all.

Regards, Bryan

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Absolutely the point !!....but of course the OP suggests a SPORTS forum not football, and who knows there may be synchronised swimmers out there with a point to make, or widdly twinkers....room for all.

Regards, Bryan

Regards, Bryan

Not forgetting female beach volleyball.:thumb:

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Apart from Rugby World Cups and the like, sporting posts are few and far between usually involving, seemingly, the only two teams who play football in the world. Judging from the near vitriolic reply I got from my last footie post it's just as well if sports posts are hidden away for members to find or not as they wish. :winky:

If I was seen as part of the vitriolic reply, then I'm sorry, but it was said tongue in cheek. This is after all, Motorhome FUN.:Eeek: I was about to reply that JJ would'nt have any use of a sport section as he supports Man City.:winky:
And let's not forget that any sports could go in there, including moto GP and F1, both of which get regular airings on here.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
True, but people arent going to be on this site unless they have a motorhome. The sponsors want to see bodies on the site and will not be interested too much in what they are discussing.

First sentence right, second I think not. Anyone paying good money wants a return on it, they want motorhome folk and they want motorhome folk talking about they must have that can be bought from Mr Sponsor.

Jim needs subscriptions, so would more folk pay up if they had a football section ? I don't know, I doubt it. Would less folk pay up if they had to wade through football, I don't know, likely though.

If it works, don't fix it.

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
First sentence right, second I think not. Anyone paying good money wants a return on it, they want motorhome folk and they want motorhome folk talking about they must have that can be bought from Mr Sponsor.

Jim needs subscriptions, so would more folk pay up if they had a football section ? I don't know, I doubt it. Would less folk pay up if they had to wade through football, I don't know, likely though.

There is no question (in the OP) of starting a football forum but no doubt it would feature strongly....... you must keep your eye on the BALL.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Regards, Bryan

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

Bl**dy Hells Angels... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Sport, usually means football. So, I would go elsewhere.

Craig
Thats the way of things, Seen "Sports on big screen" in a local pub turn into "Football on big screen", even at the expense of RWC matches.

JJ
Absolutely.
We managed ok during the RWC without a specific forum.
Also, can you imagine a forum dedicated to just slagging off the blues?

(Coventry, JJ!)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

You might be right I don't really know.

But I would have thought forum sponsors want exposure and if that's to football fans who like motorhomes what's the problem?

Obviously rugby fans are better and more discerning customers:thumb:

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
Is this the type of sport you mean???:Eeek:

Link Removed

Very tempted to do the other front pages,but this is a family site
Isnt it ?????:winky: